REGION 4AA TOURNAMENT

seymourbutts1

I'm in favor of a change of venue for several reasons.

#1 - Seating (DUH).

#2 - Security (There seems to be a need for extra men in uniforms when opposing crowds are forced to sit as closely as they have to at UHS.)

#3 -Neutrality (DUH).

I understand Upperman's desire to keep the tournament. Who wouldn't want it on their home court? It doesn't seem fair, though, to all other 7AA teams who might want to have the tournament in their back yard. We use different gyms when its 8AA's turn to host the region. BTW, I've seen LA's gym. It seats more, than UHS's - I see no problem with it being there if they had a turn at hosting. The thing is TSSAA says let 8AA rotate gyms - but for 7AA - keep it at Tech or UHS?? Again, that seems unfair to all in 7AA (except maybe UHS).

In my opinion, (and I'm entitled to mine) - if Tech's gym is available (and I believe it is) - it makes more sense, for all involved, to have the tournament there. But I had heard that ALL teams in both districts had to agree to the change. I think at least one didn't vote for the change. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I agree with all your reasons up2late. However I like a small gym b/c it is much more intense.

I'm going back a ways now, but I remember the game in 1968 when Elvin Hayes and the University of Houston played Lew Alcindor and the UCLA Bruins in the game of the Century at The AstroDome. All the fans were like a mile from the action very dull IMO.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all your reasons up2late. However I like a small gym b/c it is much more intense.

I'm going back a ways now, but I remember the game in 1968 when Elvin Hayes and the University of Houston played Lew Alcindor and the UCLA Bruins in the game of the Century at The AstroDome. All the fans were like a mile from the action very dull IMO.

thats very true and both of you have valid points. but im sure we could find a good sized gym that brings alot of intensity that is also a neutral floor.

Sounds good to me. But you know Bobby will never vote to move it. It will just bother him that much worse when LA wins it anyways... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think coaches "vote". They make recommendations and TSSAA decides. To my knowledge, TSSAA decided on Upperman because it is the most centrally located. And I think if we were having this discussion next year, no one would care!

You're right, Rocking Chair, smaller gyms do create a higher level of intensity.

IF, (notice I said IF) LA, Upperman, and Station Camp advance on Saturday, let's just hope the fire marshall doesn't show up in Baxter next week. I've a feeling, the place will be packed beyond capacity.

if upperman and sc advance there will not be an open seat in the house. upperman has the home crowd right there and i know la and sc will bring a huge supporting crowd. i know sc brings a huge student section.

but i feel that upperman is overlooking greenbrier and i think greenbrier advances past them. just an opinion dont blast me on my prediciton!

if upperman and sc advance there will not be an open seat in the house. upperman has the home crowd right there and i know la and sc will bring a huge supporting crowd. i know sc brings a huge student section.

but i feel that upperman is overlooking greenbrier and i think greenbrier advances past them. just an opinion dont blast me on my prediciton!

I am certain that Coach McWilliams and the Upperman Bees are not overlooking anyone or taking anything for granted. They are not overlooking Greenbrier and Greenbrier will be shown the exit door Saturday night in Baxter. Upperman wins this one by 15+

You're right, Rocking Chair, smaller gyms do create a higher level of intensity.

IF, (notice I said IF) LA, Upperman, and Station Camp advance on Saturday, let's just hope the fire marshall doesn't show up in Baxter next week. I've a feeling, the place will be packed beyond capacity.

Yes it will more than likely be standing room only and I agree about the security. I think that the security should be the most important factor. Someone could be seriously hurt not only a fire but a 'RIOT' as well. And I see how both teams go at each other and it wouldn't take much to trigger a huge ruckus.

I think they have the same issues at Watertown in the 4A Region. And the tigers boys and girls are already eliminated.

I am certain that Coach McWilliams and the Upperman Bees are not overlooking anyone or taking anything for granted. They are not overlooking Greenbrier and Greenbrier will be shown the exit door Saturday night in Baxter. Upperman wins this one by 15+

ok thats fair. if upperman and station camp do advance. which will be a great game. do u like upperman do get revenge or will jenkins lead his team to another win? do u think macon gives sc a game?

ok thats fair. if upperman and station camp do advance. which will be a great game. do u like upperman do get revenge or will jenkins lead his team to another win? do u think macon gives sc a game?

First, I am not 100% sure that Station Camp gets past Macon County. I am about 90% sure on this one. As for Upperman vs. Station Camp rematch, I believe Upperman wins. I was at the first match-up this season and Upperman had Station Camp down 10, until a player lost his composure and got a T. After the T Station Camp went on a 16-0 run and that was the ballgame. Another reason I think Upperman wins, is that Coach McWilliams has a track record for beating teams with one great player. His Upperman team defeated Corey Brewer and Portland several years ago in the Region Tournament. I don't think Upperman can STOP Jenkins, I do think they can SLOW him down to about 25-30 points and make the rest of the Bison beat them. I am predicting an Upperman/Livingston rematch in the Region Finals.

First, I am not 100% sure that Station Camp gets past Macon County. I am about 90% sure on this one. As for Upperman vs. Station Camp rematch, I believe Upperman wins. I was at the first match-up this season and Upperman had Station Camp down 10, until a player lost his composure and got a T. After the T Station Camp went on a 16-0 run and that was the ballgame. Another reason I think Upperman wins, is that Coach McWilliams has a track record for beating teams with one great player. His Upperman team defeated Corey Brewer and Portland several years ago in the Region Tournament. I don't think Upperman can STOP Jenkins, I do think they can SLOW him down to about 25-30 points and make the rest of the Bison beat them. I am predicting an Upperman/Livingston rematch in the Region Finals.

thats a really good point about corey brewer. im from portland and remember that. he is a good coach. i like greenbrier over upper. as the first round upset. great points tho.

thats a really good point about corey brewer. im from portland and remember that. he is a good coach. i like greenbrier over upper. as the first round upset. great points tho.

You may be right. Sometimes gut feelings are the way to go. I just don't see it happening. If it does, I will be the first one to admit I was wrong and eat crow.

Were they still taking the ball out of the peach baskets then, or did they have a rim and nets?? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Wait a minute, I think I was there. Yep, you're right, very dull. It's much more fun to be involved in a riot!! But if memory serves me, 1968 had its share of riots too. Wow, I am old.

LOL .......If you remember that game then my friend you are adding the years up as well. But your only as old as you feel. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'll say this if Eddie Dailey can play semi-pro football at his ripe old age of 47 then I consider myself a real young man. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

You may be right. Sometimes gut feelings are the way to go. I just don't see it happening. If it does, I will be the first one to admit I was wrong and eat crow.

lol and ill do the same if upperman wins. just a prediction. good luck to all teams. all the teams play quality basketball that can win at any game. cant wait to see this tournament!