Region 1A

crazzyness

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton by 29 over Sneedville.

With the new development with Cloudland, they are on shakey ground now. It's a shame the T$$AA is all about money, and that a certain Region 2 coach is such a pig. Cloudland hasn't shown it can play well on the road, and I believe the last time these two met, Cloudland was the 1 seed and Washburn was the 4 seed, and does anyone remember how that one ended up?...

Cloudland by only 8 over Washburn.

UH-Cosby is a very interesting game. I think UH is alittle better, but its at the Eagles nest.

So Cosby by 4 in OT over UH.

I am trying not to be biased. I know how well Unaka CAN play. I just don't know how well they WILL play... But I just can't get over Jellico losing to Seymour and King's Academy.

Unaka by 7 over Jellico.

The games that really interest me as being wins for District 2 are UH at Cosby (never an easy place to go in any sport) and Unaka at Jellico. I think Cloudland should, I say, SHOULD, win at Washburn, but with road trips you never know. I do think Hampton should have little trouble at home, they just need to keep the mojo from the district going. I went to Jellico last year for the Hampton/Jellico regional game, and that is long trip. I understand that Jellico is much improved over last year, so we'll see. Cosby handled Unaka twice this year, but lost to North Greene, albeit early in the season. UH has steadily improved over the year, and Alex Denton is playing really well. Cosby is a terror at home, so this game could be the best of the night.

The games that really interest me as being wins for District 2 are UH at Cosby (never an easy place to go in any sport) and Unaka at Jellico. I think Cloudland should, I say, SHOULD, win at Washburn, but with road trips you never know. I do think Hampton should have little trouble at home, they just need to keep the mojo from the district going. I went to Jellico last year for the Hampton/Jellico regional game, and that is long trip. I understand that Jellico is much improved over last year, so we'll see. Cosby handled Unaka twice this year, but lost to North Greene, albeit early in the season. UH has steadily improved over the year, and Alex Denton is playing really well. Cosby is a terror at home, so this game could be the best of the night.

I wouldn't quite say Cosby handled them twice. At Unaka, the Rangers played one of their worst games of the year, turned the ball over 20+ plus times, and Cosby still had to come from behind to beat them by four. And at Cosby, Unaka took them to OT, so...

I've seen all these teams but Hampton , and from what I can tell any of them could win it. District 1's 3and 4 teams are a little better than 2's and they tell me Hamptons a lot better than anyone in district 2 but thats coming from you guys over there soooooo. Jellico is pretty good , I dont think Unaka can beatem. Cosby is playin pretty well and could really have won the district with a good call here or there in the tourny championship game , I really don't see them losing at home in the first round. If cloudland has to go to Washburn thats a tough break cause thats not an easy place to play AT ALL and they are really a decent ball team. Hancock wont beat Hampton at Hampton unless they play really well or unless hampton doesn't have a good big man to play in the paint with that monster Hancock puts down there, and they put him down there too if your refs wont call 3 seconds he will build a fire in the paint and they might win.

Hampton over Hancock by 15

Jellico over Unaka by 10

*upset alert* Washburn over Cloudland by 3

Cosby over UH by 10

I think Region 1 makes a clean sweep. It don't really matter what the point spread is. The only team from Region 2 who I think can pull one off is Cosby given the game is at Cosby.

Hey ole King hows it going. Do you guys really have to go to Washburn? If so thats a TOUGH tough break. Thats not a good place to play. If they moved it for gym size thats bull , their gym isn't much bigger than Cloudlands. Good luck to your landers they will need some in that place. Washburn is a decent team to go along with a tough gym to play in too.

Coach Evans is gone from Jellico and they are playing a lot better. They have some very athletic kids, a good post, and some shooters, and they are playing harder under Coach Reynolds. I would not underestimate them.

I agree , Jellico could easily win the region. I think everyone in district 1 is underestimating district 2. All 4 teams in district 2 are talented and coached well , but so are the teams in district 1. Hopefully we will see some really good games in this tournament.

I agree , Jellico could easily win the region. I think everyone in district 1 is underestimating district 2. All 4 teams in district 2 are talented and coached well , but so are the teams in district 1. Hopefully we will see some really good games in this tournament.

No knock on Jellico, but I believe their powder-puff schedual will come back and bite them in their butts. If not tonight, then for sure in the semi-finals. I mean they went and lost to King's Academy... Unaka, as most of the other District 1 teams, have played tough games, that I think has better prepared them for the post-season... Take Unaka for intance. Look at their oppenents. Who is the worst team they lost to?? Cosby. And Cosby isn't a bad team... But thats just my opinion. We'll see tonight. Looking foward to a good game, but a long #### drive!