Region 1A

crazzyness

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was terribly officiated , Cosby should have won but the combination of an off shooting night with terrible officiating got us beat.

NOT only in Cosby ONLY in Tennesee , OR in America. I've seen stuff like that everywhere. Besides let someone throw elbows at your kid all night then push him after the game , THEN look up to see 100 people charge the floor toward them and see if you can set still in your seat.

Who charged the floor? UH fans? I don't think they had that many fans there. There were many Cosby fans on both sides of the stands. Could that be who you saw charging the floor, along with the father of the year with the child in his arms? The UH fans were standing up in the stands applauding their team's victory. It is unfortunate that a couple of the the young men couldn't leave it on the court. The scoreboard at the end of the game reflected the foul count in the second half as UH 10 and Cosby 8 - looked pretty even to me.

7 people died during that flood. There are alot of people who won't ever forgive UH for what they did...

Point well taken and again, I am sorry for that devastating loss of life. But today's team is not responsible for the callous behavior of 4 or 5 student fans who are grown now. I would say that most of UH's team doesn't even know about the insensitive behavior of those kids.

Point well taken and again, I am sorry for that devastating loss of life. But today's team is not responsible for the callous behavior of 4 or 5 student fans who are grown now. I would say that most of UH's team doesn't even know about the insensitive behavior of those kids.

what was that flood stuff about? what happened?

Who charged the floor? UH fans? I don't think they had that many fans there. There were many Cosby fans on both sides of the stands. Could that be who you saw charging the floor, along with the father of the year with the child in his arms? The UH fans were standing up in the stands applauding their team's victory. It is unfortunate that a couple of the the young men couldn't leave it on the court. The scoreboard at the end of the game reflected the foul count in the second half as UH 10 and Cosby 8 - looked pretty even to me.

I didn't say anything about the foul count or even terrible officiating for one side or the other it was just all around BAD which let the game get out of control which usually leads to what we saw at the end of the game. The refs were inconsistant on traveling calls and 3 in the paint on both ends. When kids can take three steps with the ball tucked away like a football theres going to be hard accidental fouls cause the defender is expecting them to go up for a shot after 2-3 steps.

Again I ask what would you do for your child in the same situation ??? sit and watch? I don't think you would.

I am sorry that a handful of students were very disrespectful back in 1998, that was inexcusable. I was there eleven years and two coaches ago. But, why is this team so hated now? They are just kids playing basketball, while trying to maintain a decent gradepoint average with difficult course schedules - some are enrolled in college courses. I have been to many District one games over the years and I don't see the love between any of the teams.

Once hated always hated. UH IS the satan of this confrence. nobody likes them and never will.

Not really much you can say. Hampton didn't show up. They were never in the game. It's the worst I've seen them play all year. Of course Denton got his, but the Dawgs let Phillips have about 15 and some guy that I'd never heard of got 26 I think. I don't know if it was nerves or their youth or what it was, but in these 2 elimination games, they looked nothing like they did in the Districts. One thing is for sure, this summer, Hampton is gonna have to find somebody else who can create their own shots and score besides Ward and Hughes. Jones showed flashed of this down the stretch, and I expect him to step up big time for the Dawgs next year. TJ Lyons and Tyler Trusler should also have a couple of good seasons next year and Logan Andrews will keep getting better...

Overall, it has been a great season for the Dawgs even though it has come to a bitter end. They have far exceeded my expectations. If someone would have told me at the beginning of the year that Hampton would win their first Conference Championship in 15 years and their first District Championship in 7 years, with Ward being the MVP in both, I would have taken it in a heartbeat...

I totally agree with you on all points, Vader. I haven't seen Hampton so out it all season. I tend to think they got nervous come elimination time and froze up. I guess youth will do that, but it's very disappointing, since Ward and Hughes each got all sorts of playing time last year, so they should have been able to handle it better. One thing, I really didn't get why they stayed in the 1-3-1 as long as they did, when UH was popping 3's like crazy from the corners like they were. When they finally came out of it and played man, they were already behind double digits, and by that time UH was clicking on all cylinders. It was an awful end to a wonderful season, with a conference championship and district title to their credit, and I can only hope that next year will be better.

what was that flood stuff about? what happened?

Back in 1998, ther was a 100-year rain event. I forget exactly how many inches of rain fell on the Roan in an hour, but that melted several inches of snow on the mountain, which flooded the Doe River. The Doe flows into and through the town of Roan Mountain, down to and through Hampton, before joining the Watauga river in Elizabethton. By the time the flood hit Hampton, there was a wall of water 10-15 feet high coming down the gorge. Many homes were destroyed in Roan Mtn and Hampton, the Cloudland Elementary School was filled with a layer of mud several feet thick, and the building was soon after condemned. Water flooded into the Hampton High gym, causing the gym floor to buckle. As a result, the Hampton teams played several games at the new Hampton Elementary's gym until the high school gym's floor could be sanded and usable. The first game in the elemantary was against UH, and several UH supporters showed up at the game in raincoats and galoshes, making fun of a disaster that took peoples homes and lives. Many in Hampton and Roan Mtn have never forgotten it, myself included.

One thing, I really didn't get why they stayed in the 1-3-1 as long as they did, when UH was popping 3's like crazy from the corners like they were. When they finally came out of it and played man, they were already behind double digits, and by that time UH was clicking on all cylinders.

In defense of the coaches, I would say they ran the 1-3-1 because it is a turnover machine and they prolly thought that it would be their best chance to get back in the game. Quite a few times UH would throw a pass right to a Hampton player and then the Dawgs would kick it all over the court and UH would get it right back. Or Hampton would create a turnover but go down and either miss the layup or hand it right back to the Bucs. At one point, Hampton cut the lead to 8 in the 3rd quarter and then got 3 straight turnovers only to give it away a few seconds later each time. The Dawgs had their chances. But you could tell that UH had been working on exactly how to dismantle that 1-3-1. They swung the ball like crazy, and in that trap, the Dawg defenders were constantly out of position. The key to the whole defense (the way Hampton runs it) is the middle man (usually Lipford) and last night, there was nothing that he could do. His job was to cover Denton at the high post and then cover both corners when the ball goes there. The way UH moved the ball, Lipford's task was impossible...

Back in 1998, ther was a 100-year rain event. I forget exactly how many inches of rain fell on the Roan in an hour, but that melted several inches of snow on the mountain, which flooded the Doe River. The Doe flows into and through the town of Roan Mountain, down to and through Hampton, before joining the Watauga river in Elizabethton. By the time the flood hit Hampton, there was a wall of water 10-15 feet high coming down the gorge. Many homes were destroyed in Roan Mtn and Hampton, the Cloudland Elementary School was filled with a layer of mud several feet thick, and the building was soon after condemned. Water flooded into the Hampton High gym, causing the gym floor to buckle. As a result, the Hampton teams played several games at the new Hampton Elementary's gym until the high school gym's floor could be sanded and usable. The first game in the elemantary was against UH, and several UH supporters showed up at the game in raincoats and galoshes, making fun of a disaster that took peoples homes and lives. Many in Hampton and Roan Mtn have never forgotten it, myself included.

thats a joke!!! i cant believe they would do something like that!!!

Sportsfan, it just goes to show you how the bigots in the city really feel about us country folk. They think because they are white collar, laptop carrying college boys, that they are better than us. In reality, we are the ones who should be making more money because we have jobs that require thinking and applying what we know. These UH type of people will be screwed when times get so hard that people will have to rely on what they can do with their hands to get by. I wonder if any kid from UH has ever mowed a yard or planted a garden or done any type of work outside for that matter? I'd say that alot more time has been spent text-messaging and surfing the web or burning up the roads. The incident from 1998 just shows how inhuman this cultured type of folk are. They go to these universities and are brainwashed into thinking a certain way and they take the human right out of them. Thus, we have this same type of culture in Washington where they don't care about the working man. We are just a number to them. Only a stepping stone to their success.

thats a joke!!! i cant believe they would do something like that!!!

I still can't believe they did it. But I don't believe Denton or any of these UH players now would do anything like that. Up until Woodacre got there, UH and Tony Gordon liked to keep around a different type of student athlete...