Memphis AAA

Dragonmaster

8AAA Region

Central vs Houston Central has too many options for Houston to handle. Even though Witt is not a great player, she does add to the Houston bucket. Her ability to play could be the difference for Houston. Watson will score 30... Central wins but I got to pull for my little buddy...

Melrose vs Ridgeway If this game gets out of the 30's Ridgeway will win. it might be a 18-16 game if Melrose can get the ball into the forecourt. I haven't seen Melrose, but I really like Ridgeway. Melrose because Robert will intimidate the officials.

East vs White Station. Haven't seen east but it is one against the herd. Herd wins, and i want to here phil's take on these....White Station

Fairley vs Overton. Similar teams the only problem for Fairley is that Overtons athletes are 4 inches taller and that length will lead to Overton's victory...

7AAA Region

Cordova loses their first game. I am guessing Hardin County.

Arlington will be tight with Liberty Magnet.

Jasmine James will beat whomever they play..

Millington's test won't come until Overton in substate... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Coachgat---you have been so quite. Everyone knows about ya'll! You can't slip in under the radar. Get an alias and tell me what you think....

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess there is just not much interest in women's hoops in memphis. the U of M women's team is pitiful. The commercial appeal won't cover games. coach T post can't get responses. Heck lets do away with memphis High school girl's hoops and just let the AAU teams do it...There are so many of those jake legs out there that think they know basketball there is no need for high school coaches.

I guess there is just not much interest in women's hoops in memphis. the U of M women's team is pitiful. The commercial appeal won't cover games. coach T post can't get responses. Heck lets do away with memphis High school girl's hoops and just let the AAU teams do it...There are so many of those jake legs out there that think they know basketball there is no need for high school coaches.

OMG Guyoutwest! Did you say that out loud? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I was thinking the same thing! What do you think is the source of this apathy towards women's hoops in Memphis? It can't be that the teams aren't worthy of coverage. Plenty of action, great teams, memorable competitions, packed gyms on some occasions...oh dear, what could the matter be?????

All kidding aside, what's comforting is that, for the girls (ladies) who love the game, develop their skills through hard work and determination and great coaching, life in the game goes on. They get their glory from knowing they did their best, played their hardest and stayed in the game. The end results always speak for them.

While this may be a bit harsh, I agree that apathy in Memphis women's sports is amazing. He mentioned U of M, but CBU's women's program is no better. A college team built around 5'6" girls. They would have a difficult time beating Milliington, Central, Bartlett, White Station, Overton, Ridgeway. Do away with high school sports in general and let clubs run the whole show. The cost of that would be large although with the current facilities in place schools could charge the clubs to use the facilities. It would really be a dog eat dog world. recruiting would destroy friendships. Personally guyoutwest, the "jake legs" as you call them do add to the development of the girl's, but they also don't know near as much as they think they do. parent's beware of those that promise great things. Go with new programs or with the established programs that have coaches that aren't dads also...

While this may be a bit harsh, I agree that apathy in Memphis women's sports is amazing. He mentioned U of M, but CBU's women's program is no better. A college team built around 5'6" girls. They would have a difficult time beating Milliington, Central, Bartlett, White Station, Overton, Ridgeway. Do away with high school sports in general and let clubs run the whole show. The cost of that would be large although with the current facilities in place schools could charge the clubs to use the facilities. It would really be a dog eat dog world. recruiting would destroy friendships. Personally guyoutwest, the "jake legs" as you call them do add to the development of the girl's, but they also don't know near as much as they think they do. parent's beware of those that promise great things. Go with new programs or with the established programs that have coaches that aren't dads also...

I know that memphis got a girl out of greeneville, whom else have they recruited. CBU got one from Lausanne. I would think that both could be competitive recruiting West TN.

Why a new AAU program?

I know that memphis got a girl out of greeneville, whom else have they recruited. CBU got one from Lausanne. I would think that both could be competitive recruiting West TN.

Why a new AAU program?

The U of M has made strides in improving its women's program. So far they've hired Coach McFerrin and her staff, increased the number of women's games held at the FedEx Forum, and drastically stepped up their recruitment efforts--they have invited all girls AAU teams in the city and quite a few high school teams to several home games. Locally, they have recruited Ashley Robinson from Millington, and they have also recruited the young lady (Bilquis is her first name) who recently broke Rebecca Lobo's scoring record in high school this year. I have seen this coach's recruiter at every exposure event beginning last summer--Atlanta, North Carolina, and here in Memphis. The U of Memphis is starting young and being agressive. I can't speak for CBU except to say that they have come to some high school games to see some particular girls who haven't yet committed.

The U of M is doing what it needs to in order to improve their program, but it will take time. Most of your D1 players here in Memphis have SEC dreams, many of them (and/or their parents) aren't willing to be the "trailblazers" for a developing program. Heck, I may even be one of them /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But it won't be for the U of M's lack of trying! While there are some problems with women's basketball here in Memphis, I have to commend McFerrin and her staff for being part of the solution. They have made a whole lot of players here feel special and talented and WANTED. They have reached out to the girls basketball community and treated coaches and parents with respect. Give them some credit.

8AAA Region

Central vs Houston Central has too many options for Houston to handle. Even though Witt is not a great player, she does add to the Houston bucket. Her ability to play could be the difference for Houston. Watson will score 30... Central wins but I got to pull for my little buddy...

Melrose vs Ridgeway If this game gets out of the 30's Ridgeway will win. it might be a 18-16 game if Melrose can get the ball into the forecourt. I haven't seen Melrose, but I really like Ridgeway. Melrose because Robert will intimidate the officials.

East vs White Station. Haven't seen east but it is one against the herd. Herd wins, and i want to here phil's take on these....White Station

Fairley vs Overton. Similar teams the only problem for Fairley is that Overtons athletes are 4 inches taller and that length will lead to Overton's victory...

7AAA Region

Cordova loses their first game. I am guessing Hardin County.

Arlington will be tight with Liberty Magnet.

Jasmine James will beat whomever they play..

Millington's test won't come until Overton in substate... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Coachgat---you have been so quite. Everyone knows about ya'll! You can't slip in under the radar. Get an alias and tell me what you think....

I think this may be one of those situations where losing at the right time is helpful. I agree with Dragon that Ridgeway (15AAA #3) has a real chance to win against Melrose, which I think will pit them back against Overton in the semis. They have beaten Overton, and can do it again. If that happens, they will play Central for the championship, and even if they lose, they'll advance to the substates. White Station, on the other hand (15AAA #2) should win against East if they have their heads on straight, but then would have to face Central in the semis. I don't think anyone in 15AAA can beat Central. That would mean WSHS would be out, and Ridgeway, who has been beaten twice by White Station, would advance to at least another round. So even though Ridgeway was disappointed when they barely lost to Overton in the District, it might have been a "good" time to lose as far as chances to get farther into post-season play.

I think this may be one of those situations where losing at the right time is helpful. I agree with Dragon that Ridgeway (15AAA #3) has a real chance to win against Melrose, which I think will pit them back against Overton in the semis. They have beaten Overton, and can do it again. If that happens, they will play Central for the championship, and even if they lose, they'll advance to the substates. White Station, on the other hand (15AAA #2) should win against East if they have their heads on straight, but then would have to face Central in the semis. I don't think anyone in 15AAA can beat Central. That would mean WSHS would be out, and Ridgeway, who has been beaten twice by White Station, would advance to at least another round. So even though Ridgeway was disappointed when they barely lost to Overton in the District, it might have been a "good" time to lose as far as chances to get farther into post-season play.

It is all about matchups. Great Post!

The U of M has made strides in improving its women's program. So far they've hired Coach McFerrin and her staff, increased the number of women's games held at the FedEx Forum, and drastically stepped up their recruitment efforts--they have invited all girls AAU teams in the city and quite a few high school teams to several home games. Locally, they have recruited Ashley Robinson from Millington, and they have also recruited the young lady (Bilquis is her first name) who recently broke Rebecca Lobo's scoring record in high school this year. I have seen this coach's recruiter at every exposure event beginning last summer--Atlanta, North Carolina, and here in Memphis. The U of Memphis is starting young and being agressive. I can't speak for CBU except to say that they have come to some high school games to see some particular girls who haven't yet committed.

The U of M is doing what it needs to in order to improve their program, but it will take time. Most of your D1 players here in Memphis have SEC dreams, many of them (and/or their parents) aren't willing to be the "trailblazers" for a developing program. Heck, I may even be one of them /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But it won't be for the U of M's lack of trying! While there are some problems with women's basketball here in Memphis, I have to commend McFerrin and her staff for being part of the solution. They have made a whole lot of players here feel special and talented and WANTED. They have reached out to the girls basketball community and treated coaches and parents with respect. Give them some credit.

Totally agree BBallExtreme.....

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

13AAA

Liberty Tech Magnet

Hardin County

Brighton

Munford

14AAA

Millington

Bartlett

Arlington

Cordova

Match-ups for Region 7 (14AAA could sweep)

Millington ??“vs- Munford (Millington by +25)

Bartlett ??“vs- Brighton (Bartlett +25)

Arlington ??“vs- Hardin County (Arlington +2)

Cordova ??“vs- Liberty Tech (Cordova +1 if Shantel Crout is not hurt)

15AAA

Memphis Overton

White Station

Ridgeway

Houston

16AAA

Memphis Central

Melrose

Memphis East

Fairly

Match-ups for Region 8 (15AAA should get 3 out of 4)

Memphis Overton ??“vs- Fairly (Memphis Overton +3)

White Station ??“vs- Memphis East (White Station +1)

Ridgeway ??“vs- Melrose (Ridgeway +1)

Houston ??“vs- Memphis Central (Memphis Central +5)

Don't know what your beef is, but don't interprete the local newspaper's shoddy coverage to reflect lack of interest in girl's basketball. More girls are being recruited to play college ball than ever from Memphis. 17 girls just from the Memphis Elite, one of those jake leg groups you reference, are moving on to play at all levels of college ball. Memphis girls teams are legitimately contending for gold balls, so tell me exactly what you see is the problem? Heck three posters from the Memphis area are legendary on coacht, from coachgat and duknowthegame to philtenn.

As a parent I must dissagrree that the new coaches will be any differnt than the last. This senior class has to be the most talented group in Memphis history! For the tigers to only land Ashley Robinson from this group is a joke. You will only get out what you put in, and right now U of Memphis is not investing anything into Memphis. Coach Mcferrin gave a long spill to some of us this summer about how she wanted to keep the best players from Memphis in Memphis. DU, you were there when she said it. Right after a local AAU team kicked her returning teams but in the field house. If someone wants to compile a list of the top players they could of got but didnt it might surprise you. Until U of M puts a strangle hold on Memphis talent the product on the floor will be average at best and the seats will be EMPTY.