The Greenback vs. Coalfield upset.

supergeek2130

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that our schedule was all that bad this year.

Greenback was up 1 late in the game and it looked like we might pull it out but they hit a bunch of free throws to seal the deal. The officiating was horrible!

It is just really hard for a team to win at Greenback with all their tradition and ability to play good team basketball.

Coalfield will be back next year and I would imagine that they have learned many lessons this year.

Was this not supposed to be a "Dream Team" at Coalfield? What has happened to them? They have had a horrible tournament. The last time I saw them play was the last oakdale game and I can tell you the girls didn't play very hard at all. I'm not sure jacketfan that they learned anything. The team should have been in the District and Region Finals this year and now are at home.

I will agree that Greenback is a very hard place to play with the officials who always seem to lean toward the home team, but that is the point of working to host in the first round.

Even though all the players will be back next year, they will end up in the same position next year...sitting at home while everyone else competes for state...if they don't find some kind of desire to win. It seems like they are all just there. Every once in a while they show a glimps of effort, but in the end of the season they just looked like they had to be there...not that they wanted to. The hustle in the Wartburg game was much better, but they have to learn that they can't just turn it on and off. If they want to compete the way OS does every year, they need to be as driven as they are. Oliver Springs girls always seem to hustle...no matter if they are playing a team like Clark Range or one like Midway. They play to win and better themselves. Coalfield didn't even try against great teams like CR or Webb... they folded. And, They play down to lower levels of competition. you can't expect to be a championship team if you do not try hard and make yourself better EVERY SINGLE GAME. Sounds like the girls and parents need to stop pointing fingers and making excuses and take some responsibility. There are a few girls that work hard and they don't need to let the poor atitudes and habits of others influence them. Hopefuly the girls will learn from this season and work hard on the off season, and next year come back ready to do what ever it takes to win...when it matters.

This is just a team that is State Tournament or Bust next year. They should have been there by now and I'm not sure they will be able to do it once Jones, Scarbrough, Landrum, and Co. graduate. Next year should be the best year is school history! They shouldn't lose very many games

I think they are surely favored to win the District Next Year!

Coalfield and Oneida should be in the finals of Dist and Region