Battleground Academy 2009-2010

Kbdatruth2

I would say that the wildcard for BGA this year will be the addition of Chris Chauvin to its coaching staff. This young man clicks on all cylinders when it comes to a great football mind. This will be his third year coaching after spending his first season on the staff at the prestigious Woodberry Forrest School in VA. I bet you could attribute 2 wins to his dynamic coaching abilities alone.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that the wildcard for BGA this year will be the addition of Chris Chauvin to its coaching staff. This young man clicks on all cylinders when it comes to a great football mind. This will be his third year coaching after spending his first season on the staff at the prestigious Woodberry Forrest School in VA. I bet you could attribute 2 wins to his dynamic coaching abilities alone.

Who are they going to beat because of him? They will be hard press to win one game, they just don't have the talent. I'm sure Chris appreciates your endorsement though, sounds like he is the next coming of the BEAR.

That is pretty hreet random.

The offense is in good hands with U, and the defense did a good job last year adjusting the formation, line up, and gameplan seemingly every week. Coaching, as long as the current staff hangs around (Brock, U, and Fleming are all head coaching material, Keel is becoming a very good Defensive Coordinator, and IMO, Johnson is destined for Lincoln Co.), will never be a problem over on Mack Hatcher. The question over the next few years will be solely on players. And seeing as the last dry stetch of talent led to the unfair firing of Coach Tim Moore, hopefully BGA alumn and administration will be wiser this time. Yet again, remember who you are.

And yes, I know Coach Johnson is the new AD so a coaching change will not be a problem, but I saw an appropriate oppurtunity to point out a major wrong committed by Capt. Rogers and BGA a few years ago and decided to take advantage of that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very impressed AP.battleground....

Your wise father must have taught you well!!!!!!!

History is the most important thing in life......Those who don't remember it, are dooooomed to repeat it! REMEMBER THAT!!!!!!!!!

BGA has that history....academics and athletics. MBA and BGA are the only two that seem to understand that dynamic! I agree with EVERYTHING you said!!!!!

Very impressed AP.battleground....

Your wise father must have taught you well!!!!!!!

History is the most important thing in life......Those who don't remember it, are dooooomed to repeat it! REMEMBER THAT!!!!!!!!!

BGA has that history....academics and athletics. MBA and BGA are the only two that seem to understand that dynamic! I agree with EVERYTHING you said!!!!!

I have to disagree on the fact that MBA and BGA are the only schools concerned with academics and athletics. BGA always tries to use that line to make the other schools look bad but look back at the schools that their kids go to and then look at the schools the kids from the other schools go to, I am sure you will find the list to be similar. I was taught that "if you have to talk bad about someone else you must not be confident in what you have or are doing". I watched this over the last couple of years and I have also looked at some of the publics too. The athletes who are going to go on are taking a lot of the same classes because they need to and have to, to qualify for college. Now, with that being said I do think some schools put more into athletics than others but why can't you have both. I bet some of you on here dogging the other privates are the same ones who cheer for UT, we know they put athletics in front of academics compared to VU but that is okay, right? All I'm saying is to stop complaining about what other schools do and make your school competitive on both the academic and athletic front. AP, name a school that BGA or MBA have sent a kid to that BA, Ensworth, David Lipscomb, Pope John Paul, Father Ryan or Goodpasture has also sent kids too.

• 1 month later...

BGA played in the 7 on 7 at Indy last night. I thought Independence looked really good. Their QB, Heckman, started his Sophomore and Junior and has a strong arm and good accuracy. Smyrna's starting defense was very physical and fast. BGA receivers had some trouble getting off the line of scrimmage against Smyrna's DB's and they were not getting a lot of separation. Kenny Bass looked good and made a really nice TD catch against Smyrna. First team Defense looked good but the second team was burned a lot. Young QB's have a lot of work to do. The Smith brothers are solid DB's and Jordan Smith made a really nice TD catch. White and Michael Smith made nice interceptions. Hopefully, there will be a lot of improvement in the next 7 on 7 at Lavergne next Tuesday. Looks like BGA's biggest concerns are depth at all positions and young, inexperienced QB's. There are five QB's battling for the starter role (four sophs and one junior who started at Springfield last year).

BGA played in the 7 on 7 at Indy last night. I thought Independence looked really good. Their QB, Heckman, started his Sophomore and Junior and has a strong arm and good accuracy. Smyrna's starting defense was very physical and fast. BGA receivers had some trouble getting off the line of scrimmage against Smyrna's DB's and they were not getting a lot of separation. Kenny Bass looked good and made a really nice TD catch against Smyrna. First team Defense looked good but the second team was burned a lot. Young QB's have a lot of work to do. The Smith brothers are solid DB's and Jordan Smith made a really nice TD catch. White and Michael Smith made nice interceptions. Hopefully, there will be a lot of improvement in the next 7 on 7 at Lavergne next Tuesday. Looks like BGA's biggest concerns are depth at all positions and young, inexperienced QB's. There are five QB's battling for the starter role (four sophs and one junior who started at Springfield last year).

Who all are the QBs and who were the starters on both sides of the ball?

BGA football has droped off so much since the mid 80's, they are more of a threat to date my daughter on a late Friday night, then they are to win games next year......but good luck /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They had probably rather lose playing football on Friday night than date your daughter /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Who all are the QBs and who were the starters on both sides of the ball?

As it stands now you have Thomson starting at QB. He is a 6'2" 190 lb. sophomore. Sophomores Amos, Beathard, and a transfer from Blackman along with Tyler Campbell (who started at Springfield last year and will be a junior) are all battling for the starting job. Beathard is the grandson of Bobby Beathard who was the GM for the Redskins and Chargers. Thomson is headed to the Manning Passing Academy outside New Orleans today and also camped at University of Georgia where he worked with Mike Bobo and Football University in June where he worked with Jack Trudeau.

The 7 on 7 starters were Bass (RB), Jordan Smith (WR), Josh Smith (WR), Wes Johnson (TE), Thoni (center), and I don't recall the other WR. Michael Moore was not there but will be starting in the backfield. Thomson went with the first team offense in the first game against Smyrna. Amos went with the first team in the second game and Campbell went with the first team against Independence.

On defense you had the Smith brothers at corner, Kenny Bass and Michael Smith at safety, Johnson, Butler, and I think Meadows at LB.