Mid State Dixie Duals

WrestlingGod

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but that doesn't mean kids can't practice with a club as long as it is not school affliated. Wrestling can do what they want during the dead period as long as it doesn't involve their coach.

That's not how I read it. The facility used is also mentioned. "No open facilities" would seem to indicate that practice can not occur at the school, or any tssaa school. I'd love to be wrong.

That's not how I read it. The facility used is also mentioned. "No open facilities" would seem to indicate that practice can not occur at the school, or any tssaa school. I'd love to be wrong.

I AM wrong, if what the TSSAA just told me on the phone is correct. The key is the coach.

I AM wrong, if what the TSSAA just told me on the phone is correct. The key is the coach.

Why would the TSSAA be wrong on what they just told you. Don't they have final say on the interpretations of their rules? And yes as it has also been explained to me, the coach is the true key.

Why would the TSSAA be wrong on what they just told you. Don't they have final say on the interpretations of their rules? And yes as it has also been explained to me, the coach is the true key.

I wouldn't expect them to be wrong in their interpretation of their rule, but the fact that it has to be interpreted means there could be different interpretations, and I have nothing in writing.

I am a club coach only now and formerly a HS coach who had a club team with a private facility OFF campus. TSSAA has a tendency to flip flop allot on interpretation and on who you speak to about it. The last I understood there can be NO OPEN FACILITY that has wrestling involved in TSSAA regardless of the coach or club coach. Your kids can practice OFF site at a NON TSSAA governed location with NO coach that is registered as a TSSAA coach. Coaches, you can not call up and "retire" your title for the off season, TSSAA referees to this as yo yo-ing. You can be striped of your coaching credentials for doing this.

They even get as vague as saying that a coach on the premises of a non TSSAA facility while kids are practicing on a club team is in violation.

Just a word to the wise, you had better safe than sorry. I also understand that penalties can not just affect your wrestling team but they can extend the long arm of TSSAA into other sports and penalize them for wrestling violations.

BE CAREFUL

I am sorry but this is the biggest load of CRAP I have every seen or heard!!! How the heck do these narrow minded rule makers expect for these youth teams to practice?? They, for the most part can not afford mats or a place to put them and for these out-of-touch people with TSSAA to think they have the right to regulate such actions is completely wrong.

I can understand keeping the Coaches out of the place but to punish these kids make no sense!

First of all TSSAA does NOT own the schools... I do! I am a Tax payer! And if I want the schools in my area to be allowed to be used by a club wrestling team then I should have the right to say so!!!

The administration staff at the schools do NOT own them either... they are owned by the TAXPAYERS!!!!

Once again I agree the coaches should not be allowed but the school is NOT OWNED BY TSSAA.

Now if the Governor of this fine state made it an executive order that would be different... the TSSAA does not have that right... they only have the right to regulate the SPORTS AND THEIR PERSONAL... ie the Coaches

Just one man's opinion!!! Sorry about the rant!