Temple vs Grace Baptist

dadoffour

its always an awsome game!! it starts at 8:00 eastern time , the out come of the game will depend on Grace and if they come to play as a team, Temple is always consistent in the way they play. Grace knows what they have to do to win. shut kemp down and have good ball movement. i will take GHS by 7. Good luck to both teams and i hope to see both in the state tourny!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree. Another thing Grace must do is keep #33 out of foul trouble. GHS by 9.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temple won the first matchup at home 66-51 in early January. Grace won on its home court 71-68 about a month later. Grace won again in the District Championship 72-62 last Tuesday. Tonight's game is at South Pittsburg and tips off at 8:00 eastern, 7 central.

Thanks guys. Sounds like this will be another one for the ages. Hopefully I can get away from work and make it. I have only made it to the South Pittsburg/Marion-Jasper game. I sat in those nice chairback seats. Hopefully, I will see a few of you tonight.

Grace has to play a nearly perfect game to beat Temple. Temple must play a level of defense that helps make sure that Grace's shot percentage drops and force Grace's big scorers to feel like they need to take over.

Grace must have played two nearly perfect games last time they played then becouse they beat temple by 10 in the district championship what would stop them from doing it again? is there any thing temple can do to improve their chances? i say it is all on Grace and weather they do as i said earlier and stop kemp and move the ball well.' the ball is in Graces court' ,as they say. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations to Grace for yet another "perfect" game. Grace wins 78 to 71!!!!

congrats to grace. grace is a very good team and played well. they did a good job of sticking on jeremy sexton. overall i think temple's players (other than sexton and number 12) were too hesitant. i'm not sure if jeremy was trying too hard, or if the other players were just depending on him too much. defensively, i thought we needed to front grace's big man more. i liked the press in the third quarter. the uptempo style seemed to take pressure off of jeremy and it helped the rest of the team to just react and not be hesitant. good luck in the substate guys.

Congrats to Grace on another game well played. Grace is simply the better team in my opinion. Their defense forced a ton of Temple turnovers, and offensively they're sharing the basketball better than any Grace team I've ever seen. Congrats to the Grace coaching staff for turning this team into something special. I expect Grace to make a lot of noise in the boro.

As for Temple, I felt like they didn't play too badly. They turned the ball over a lot, but I think Grace deserves most of the credit for that. Temple's got to figure out a way to get open shots in their half court offense. If they don't, it's been nice knowin ya.

Grace and Temple both played good games and I thought the game was very intense and could have ended up either way. Grace proved themselves to be mentally tough and played a "nearly perfect" game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The turnovers were the downfall tonight for Temple. Most of the turnovers that I remember were more mental mistakes on Temple's part than pressure from Grace.

Congratulations to Grace on another good win and well played game. I believe the Golden Eagles are playing absolutley the best basketball I have seen from their school in years! They may be as good or better than the 2006 team that finished runner up at the state tournament.

I was very proud of Temple's men fighting until the buzzer and never giving up or giving in when they were behind. Kevin Skogen told the football players at the loss against Friendship Christian a couple of years ago that losing is the real test of your character. I thought you guys showed real character tonight!

Temple's "student" section won the contest tonight on spirit /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Congratulations to the Golden Eagles for playing a great game last night. You guys never quit and showed great mental toughness. Also, congratulations to the coaching staff. You have done a great job getting this team ready to play these kind of games at this point in the season. And then, one last time....thank you Silverdale for beating Grace....You woke up a sleeping giant!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />