Tullahoma BKB Coach Resigns

binns37388

As far as I know, CC hasn't gotten out of the regional 1st of 2nd round since the championship team of 93', so how could you say he brought them down hill ? Are you a former player or something ?

Just a Tullahoma fan, Graduated early 80's. and i dont know the record of CC! All i know is since he came to CC /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Tull has a chance of not being on the bottom /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> All i want is to bring someone in that knows how to build a program. i dont think that is wanting to much, do you?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are all these past names being revisited. Tullahoma needs a coach, not a has been, could have been, or should have been.

TPTB please hear our pleas... for the sake of those girls who are up and coming, take your time, find the person who will be able to play the games the older girls parents want to play till they graduate and then let the younger girls have somewhere to look too for leadership in this ball program.

For those who want the program to build, there are plenty here that will support a new coach. For those who

want to play the games.... well we seem to be top heavy there. Tullahoma needs structure. Tullahoma needs

a coach with a vision who can play the political games that come about here. Tullahoma needs a COACH.

The new head basketball coach should have a vision of where this program can and WILL go. This should be reflective in the middle school coaches who should answer to the HEAD coach. This type of rank and file works at the schools where great programs reach goals and win. One Program, One method, One Leader.

Just a Tullahoma fan, Graduated early 80's. and i dont know the record of CC! All i know is since he came to CC /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Tull has a chance of not being on the bottom /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> All i want is to bring someone in that knows how to build a program. i dont think that is wanting to much, do you?

I see the point you are trying to make now. Hard to see where you were going when you're attacking "the individual". Judge not, lest ye be judged. There are always two sides to a coin - seems your opinion is only coming from the side you see. If you want your opinion to be useful to those choosing a new Tullahoma coach just say what you mean - don't bash ppl as if you know some inside scoop or were in the gym watching practice and being all involved.

Good luck with the search for a new coach.

Well folks, the situation is so complicated it might take a mathematical genius and a psychologist to figure it all out. A lot of folks talk about fixing the problems with the coach. Some talk about fixing the problem with the "lack of support and interest" in the school system. And still others think that their budding stars will fix the problem. Personally, I think it will take a combination of all of these and more. Remember the age old question, "was it the chicken or the egg that came first"? Well in this case everything has to start together at the same time. Honestly, there are many, many athletes in Tullahoma that are capable of contributing to the program that have chosen to do other things. I think before the program can be as successful as it should be, the high school team has to consistently show potential to compete game after game. Notice I didn't say win, I said compete. Then if you have one of those majical years when you are successful beyond expectations, it will light a spark that could turn into a fire. Every successful athletic program in Tullahoma had that moment when the light switch turned on and everything fell into place. Once that happens, if the right coach is in place, things begin to happen. It all starts from the top. The head coach should drive the program from the top down and put everything in place to give the program the best chance to be successful. We've been trying to drive it from the bottom up. The school system has to go out and find that energetic person who is willing to put in the many, many hours it will take to make it happen. The school system should also help in every way they can to put coaches in place at the middle schools that support the high school coach. Maybe even let him help select who gets those jobs. And in conclusion, the coach and the parents are going to have to be patient. At best, I think this will be a 5 or 6 year endeavor. It could take as much as 10 years. GOOD LUCK TO THE NEXT PERSON WHO TAKES THIS JOB.

• 2 weeks later...

Things happen. Misunderstanding are a fact of life. It doesnt mean there is ever any bad people anywhere but concerned people, yes. Since this situation has been going on for some time over a number of coaches, I ran across, sometime ago an Athletic Handbook that, evidently, has been agreed to by schools in a District and may even be agreed to by a Region. Since this is published on one of the schools Web Sites, it is for public viewing and covers many things that coaches and parents sometimes have disagreements over and would certainly be good for publishing on a site or giving a copy of such to Coaches and parents. Look on the Ravenwood high School for the Athletic Handbook. The content is not the important thing about the document. Words can be revised or changed. The main thing is this is a document of understanding and a covenant or pact. There should never be a misunderstanding with anyone involved and as you will see is very thorough and while no one will agree with everything as written(Or maybe they will), it is a start so that everyone understands in every sport. As you will see, this might be an AD's responsibility or Principal's responsibility to have this put together but it should be binding. There is going to have to be a lot of trust exhibited in this situation, from every one.

• 2 weeks later...

Tullahoma Basketball needs to hire Coach John Wild he will turn program around. It's not about the parents and politics it's about these girls. Unless you got a top dawg coach in mind with a better track record than Coach Wild you might want to reconsider some decisions that have been made! Time is ticking and camps need to be lined up for these girls to go to. Lets get it together.

Tullahoma Basketball needs to hire Coach John Wild he will turn program around. It's not about the parents and politics it's about these girls. Unless you got a top dawg coach in mind with a better track record than Coach Wild you might want to reconsider some decisions that have been made! Time is ticking and camps need to be lined up for these girls to go to. Lets get it together.

won't be possible to hire JW

it seems hopeless at this point.

what are there...20 head coaching jobs open around the state in girls and boys basketball?

Coach Mac is right...those camp brochures are flying in and there's no hope of our girls going to any of them.

Not the middle school, not the high school... The Easter bunny didn't leave either in Tullahoma's basket today.

After reading all these posts concerning the players, parents, and all the good people in Tullahoma, I was curious as to what salary the new coach can expect. With the expectations, hopes and wishes of the previous posters, I would think it would be in the neighborhood of 100,000 or more. If any prospective coach reads these posts, he or she will probably turn and run the other way. One poster posts that the new coach would need to do what the older students parents want, then change for the younger students coming up. Geez, the job doesn't sound too appealing. A question, do the people involved presently in the athletic program want a coach, or just someone they can control. There is a difference. Other posters talk about manuels and the administration at Tullahoma as being the cure for the current situation. This is pie in the sky thinking. Perhaps it would be best to let the new coach do just that, coach, and not interfere or make his or her job more difficult. Maybe that is the solution. The best of luck to Tullahoma. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />