9-A

CoffeeBreak

In last night's action...

Eagleville scored 3 in the bottom of the 7th to defeat MTCS 3-2.

Cascade got a run across in the bottom of the 9th to defeat Community by 1.

MTCS beat Community 10-0.

Today's games (weather permitting) will be MTCS vs. Forrest and Eagleville vs. Cascade.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More exciting baseball last night...

Cascade overcomes Eagleville 3-2 in 9 innings; MTCS holds on to beat Forrest 4-2.

Today's games are Eagleville vs MTCS to see who comes out of the loser's bracket to play Cascade for the Championship (with the possibility of an if-needed game on Friday). Is this Cascade's third or fourth year in the championship game of the tourney?

At this point most teams have gone through their district starters and must now look to the depth of their staff.

Hope the weather cooperates.

I believe this is Cascade's 4th straight year going for the Championship. 2006(Forrest vs. Cascade: Winner was Mikie Minor and Forrest). 2007 & 2008(Cascade vs. MTCS: Cascade wins it both years easily cause MTCS was out of pitching /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />)

I believe this is Cascade's 4th straight year going for the Championship. 2006(Forrest vs. Cascade: Winner was Mikie Minor and Forrest). 2007 & 2008(Cascade vs. MTCS: Cascade wins it both years easily cause MTCS was out of pitching /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />)

Congratulations to Cascade for their 1st place finish, and to Eagleville for their 2nd place finish. Hope both of you do great in the regionals. Go and show them that 9A is a tuff district and that we have some great teams and players. Both of these teams are scrappy and have the will to win. GOOD LUCK to both of you!!!!!!

Eagleville beat MTCS in 12 innings 6-5. Pretty amazing game. Cascade wins the 'ship 10-3 over eagleville.

All in all, a very good high school baseball tournament - 3 or 4 games going into extra innings. Some very well played baseball.

Best of luck to Cascade and Eagleville in the regions.

Eagleville beat MTCS in 12 innings 6-5. Pretty amazing game. Cascade wins the 'ship 10-3 over eagleville.

All in all, a very good high school baseball tournament - 3 or 4 games going into extra innings. Some very well played baseball.

Best of luck to Cascade and Eagleville in the regions.

Congrats to both! Anybody know who made the All District awards?

I will probably forget some, so if I do and you know it please fill them in. But....

Tournament MVP: Josh Brown (Cascade)

District Coach of the Year: Brandon Bassham (Cascade)

Player of the Year: Colin Henson (Forrest)

Co-Pitchers of the Year: Josh Brown and Kyle Mullins (Cascade)

All District Team Listed by Schools:

Cascade: Brown, Mullins, Bishop, Bowen, Carkuff, Nunley, and Saylor

Eagleville: Adams, Moore, Smith, and Tyler Davenport

MTCS: Colvin, Kuhn, Pepper, Fraser, Carter

Forrest: Henson, Griffy, and Seth Brothers

Community: West, Smith, and White

Van Buren: Hitchcock

Boyd Christian: Myers

Congratulations to both my buddy Bassham, and Coach Moore from Eagleville. Both of these guys have done a great job with their teams this year, and Coach Moore has been a great addition to the district. I wish both teams the best of luck in regionals. For anybody who was not at the MTCS vs. Eagleville game, you missed a game to remember. 12 innings, about 7-8 double plays thorughout the game. Bases loaded with no outs at times, and the team gets out of the jam. Unbelievable game, Eagleville deserves it. Good job.

Add White from Community, Nunley from Cascade. Also Brown and Mullins co- pitchers of the year from Cascade. You guys at MTCS did a great job getting the tourney completed and the field looked awesome as usual. Thanks for the sportsmanship and class shown by all teams at the tourney. It truly was a greatly contested tournament.

Thanks a bunch for the comments. We enjoyed this tournament. Wish the ball could have fell our way one more time, but props to the Eagles for capitalizing on our mistakes. I really appreciate the comments about the field. Roberts, myself, the boys, the junior high team, and with the help of Warner Athletic Construction have put a lot of hard work into that field. Hopefully it continues to get better. Thanks to everyone for a good tournament and good sportsmanship.

I will probably forget some, so if I do and you know it please fill them in. But....

Tournament MVP: Josh Brown (Cascade)

District Coach of the Year: Brandon Bassham (Cascade)

Player of the Year: Colin Henson (Forrest)

Co-Pitchers of the Year: Josh Brown and Kyle Mullins (Cascade)

All District Team Listed by Schools:

Cascade: Brown, Mullins, Bishop, Bowen, Carkuff, Nunley, and Saylor

Eagleville: Adams, Moore, Taylor, Smith, Anderson

MTCS: Colvin, Kuhn, Pepper, Fraser, Carter

Forrest: Henson, Griffy, and Seth Brothers

Community: West, Smith, and White

Van Buren: Hitchcock

Boyd Christian: Myers

Congratulations to both my buddy Bassham, and Coach Moore from Eagleville. Both of these guys have done a great job with their teams this year, and Coach Moore has been a great addition to the district. I wish both teams the best of luck in regionals. For anybody who was not at the MTCS vs. Eagleville game, you missed a game to remember. 12 innings, about 7-8 double plays thorughout the game. Bases loaded with no outs at times, and the team gets out of the jam. Unbelievable game, Eagleville deserves it. Good job.

The Eagleville baseball all district was senior Tony Adams, Junior Tyler Davenport,freshmen Brian Smith,and Senior Justin Moore was the four that made it from Eagleville.