Temple (25-6) @ Clay County (27-6) (Sub-State Match-up)

TopDawg83

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The role of underDAWG makes the win that much sweeter! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> yes, i agree, but what makes you think that yall are better than Temple? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The role of underDAWG makes the win that much sweeter! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I hope your team can match team can match Temple's speed and can defend their superb 3 point shooters. If not, I expect this home winning streak to come to an end.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> yes, i agree, but what makes you think that yall are better than Temple? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Go get 'em Temple! Make Chattanooga proud!!!

May we meet again!

From a Golden Eagle Fan!!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Go get 'em Temple! Make Chattanooga proud!!!

From a Golden Eagle Fan!!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> uhh nice flower dude! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> Go Temple and GRACE!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Dadoffour, just curious, did you make the drive up to the UC 4 yrs ago and participate in the loss?

You're predicting the Crusaders are going to come up to the DAWG HOUSE and smack us with a 25 point (or more) loss?

No dawg, I have never traveled for a substate game. I expect the fellows to take care of business without my help. Obviously that didn't work out too well in 06. I've heard horror stories about the home cookin in that part of the state.

Tell me about your team. 1st, I'll tell you about Temple's (with some approximations on specifics) :

Starters:

Jeremy Sexton, 6'1" Mr Basketball candidate, SR, Guard, does it all, 20 pts/game

Jarrod Johnson, 6'5" Center, 10 rpg, about 10 points/game

Brandon Andrews, 5'9", good defender, about 10 pts/game

Dexter Peterson, 6'0", defender, about 5 pts/game

Ben Montgomery, 6'3", bruiser, 8 pts/game

Bench:

James Kemp, 5'10", streak shooter, 10 pts/game

Josh Reeves, 6'2", high post

Nathan Pendagrass, 5'10", guard

Uh, I'm not a dude, dude.....but thanks!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I guess we will have to mind our manners, fellas, seeing as how their is a lady present. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well having a son that played in the last game against Temple in 06' that beat them in Celina,and having beaten CSAS last year as an asst coach for Jackson Co. i am inclined to believe the home team will prevail. CSAS brought a very good team up here last year and was beaten in one of the best games i've been privy to coach in and the Temple game up here in 06' was also a classic. I see a very close game between these two teams but in the end the home team wins. Its just hard for me to believe that any Class A team with a Jeremy Sexton on it doesn't win and host the substate but they obviously didn't. Good luck to the Clay Co. Bulldogs and Coach Rob Edwards from all of us over here in Jackson Co. We'll be pulling for you guys and hopefully next year we will be the ones hosting the substate again!!

Some interesting facts:

Clay's defense has held an opponent to forty points or less eleven times. That is pretty good. Clay has only been held to forty points or less twice and won both games. Clay has never scored more than 67 points and averages 54 points a game.

Temple has only held an opponent under forty points five times. Not bad. Temple has never been held to less than 54 points. Temple scores an average of 71.6 points a game.

On paper, Temple is the better team and should win by double digits. But, Temple was the better team on paper the last time these two teams met.

To the Clarkrange team that is traveling to play Grace, you already know what is in store for you. Great job on making it this far and try to have some fun at your last basketball game, especially you seniors.

Some interesting facts:

Clay's defense has held an opponent to forty points or less eleven times. That is pretty good. Clay has only been held to forty points or less twice and won both games. Clay has never scored more than 67 points and averages 54 points a game.

Temple has only held an opponent under forty points five times. Not bad. Temple has never been held to less than 54 points. Temple scores an average of 71.6 points a game.

On paper, Temple is the better team and should win by double digits. But, Temple was the better team on paper the last time these two teams met.

To the Clarkrange team that is traveling to play Grace, you already know what is in store for you. Great job on making it this far and try to have some fun at your last basketball game, especially you seniors.

Bigbird talking trash on behalf of his rival!

I wouldn't count CR out of anything just yet. They are a good basketball team and very physical.

Good Luck CR - show em 7A can play ball anywhere.

As for the all this talk about "home cooking" those boys can't cook, But when it counts they can set the hoop on fire! LOL /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I think we will have to score a little more than we have in our other games but i think we can hold them below their normal scoring so it will be a good game to watch.

Lets Go Dawgs!