2009 Warren Co. Pioneers

Nitro14

It's not horses that is killing us, its special teams and defense!!!! We give up too much yardage on KO & PUNT RETURNS!!!! It is nice if you only have 35-40 yards to paydirt! The defense HAS to adjust and be more "Amoebic" to whoever they're playing. Need more depth, instead of relying on the same 20 kids to play both ways!! They need to hire a recruiting coordinator to get some of these "obese" kids walking the halls interested in playing sports, and Trust Me I know its easier said, than done. I know I am a fan, but I do see what the others see from the booth upstairs, and it ain't pretty. As far as the student-athletes go, you guys are playing hard and I am proud of that, so this post is not aimed at the players, they do as they're coached. Now, Heads-up and kick the crap out of the next opponent!!!!!!!!!!! Go Pioneers!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not horses that is killing us, its special teams and defense!!!! We give up too much yardage on KO & PUNT RETURNS!!!! It is nice if you only have 35-40 yards to paydirt! The defense HAS to adjust and be more "Amoebic" to whoever they're playing. Need more depth, instead of relying on the same 20 kids to play both ways!! They need to hire a recruiting coordinator to get some of these "obese" kids walking the halls interested in playing sports, and Trust Me I know its easier said, than done. I know I am a fan, but I do see what the others see from the booth upstairs, and it ain't pretty. As far as the student-athletes go, you guys are playing hard and I am proud of that, so this post is not aimed at the players, they do as they're coached. Now, Heads-up and kick the crap out of the next opponent!!!!!!!!!!! Go Pioneers!

I agree to a sense that our special teams and defense has not been up to par but we don't have the horses to have great depth. Our special teams have never been outstanding except when we had Tony G. Reality is 20 good "football" players ( and thats really stretching that with 20) is all we really have. No depth on the O and D lines. I think this is the least "talented" team we have had in the last 6 years. This team plays hard every play and i love seeing it but it takes talent to win in football. So parents and coaches its going to be a long year in the win column. They will play hard till the end. Thats all you can really ask for from a group of kids. Good luck! Keep your heads up high.

After watching the game last night I can say we do not have ANY horses on the Off or Def lines. The pioneers need to run a offense that does not require big strong or fast linemen. They have none.

Uh yeah, that's why they run the veer. It's based on angles and getting off the ball, not going toe to toe with the guy across from you.

• 2 weeks later...
Great night! Pioneer victory, raised money for childhood cancer and recognized the undefeated 1973 team. Thanks to everyone!

I heard the "ole ball coach" (Coach Paz) gave an inspired speech to the boys with all the former Pioneer greats in the locker room also !!!! I guess it had to help, because the Pioneers sure came to play Friday night !!! Great job players and coaches.