2009 Warren Co. Pioneers

Nitro14

Agree with you to a certain point. I've seen several practices, scrimmages and was even there throughout camp this year and it has seemed like a morge! Football and all sports for that matter must be played with alot of intensity! On defense, you have to play in a fowl mood! If you don't want to lay a lick on the ball carrier, play another sport! Be a good person and represent Pioneer Football and Warren County well, but when your on the field have a mad-on!

Mr. Clark was right in how things can get overcomplicated. As I have said before, football is about heart and being faster and stronger than your opponent and x's and o's should follow! You put 11 on the field that have dedicated themselves to be stronger and faster during the off season and have heart, I don't give a crap what kind of defense or offense you run, they will be fine!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your going to post, make sense! You kept asking how the scrimmage went against us when we were the host and ya'll probably beat us, how did Friday night go @ the jamboree? No doubt the ref on the visitors sideline was a home town boy! No reflection on your team and coaches, they are a fine group!

You guys did it up right last night. Everyone was very impressed! Having the helicopter bring in the game ball and have the players run on the field to "Bad to the Bone"! Not to mention inviting Ray to speak to the kids before the game. You can't put a price on his love for our players, the game and Pioneer Football. Too bad some people can't see that.

We have been together since our boys were 7 years old in 1999. I'll never forget the first time I met him. We just finished our first practice and when he came down to the field to pick up Cody, he introduced himself and said he would like to help. It didn't dawn on me who he actually was until I ask him about his background. He probably taught me more about football that year than I had learned the six years I played.

He took me and my family to a alumni weekend @ UT in 2001 and we were treated like royalty! Our boys got to visit the current players, weight room, coaches offices and the whole nine yards! To meet all the players he played with and to hear the stories about their old playing days was something special also. Kelly Ziggler, Tony Thompson and all the UT greats of the late 80's will tell you about what kind of person and player he is! To play for Majors and have Fulmer as a line coach and was recruited by the Bear speaks volumes! He also was an all academic SEC player. It is such a blessing to be friends with him and his family. I could call upon him anytime and he would be right there! I think our coaches and alot of people around are intimidated by him, but he only wants best for the players and will help anyway he can.