2009 Warren Co. Pioneers

Nitro14

Keep me posted. We get our first taste of 7 on 7 against other teams at MTSU this Friday. I don't know who we are paired up with first. Last year we finished third behind Hillsboro & Franklin. Good luck tomorrow and tell Michael to tear the Blue Devils up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks! We will be @ MTSU also. See you there!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneers looked pretty good. Scored 7 TD's to Lebanons 1. We also had 3 picks to there 1. Tommorrow will tell us more of were we are at. I would have liked to seen it a little closer. The boys seem to be a little cocky towards the end. We have improved in the passing game for sure, which is a blessing. Maybe teams won't be able to load the box on us as much. Good job Pioneers & coaches and keep improving!

Nitro How did they do at the boro i Heard 3 losses and 2 wins is that correct

What's up? It was more like 4 or 5 losses and 3 wins. They had one win (Ravenwood) and 2 losses before I got there. They played a great game against Liberty (out of state team Alabama?) then went to lunch and came back and looked terrible. They did manage to pull out a win against Livingston Academy in the last game. I didn't see any senior leadership other than Bradley Steg being there and trying to play considering his seadoo accident from two weeks ago. You could tell he was in pain, but it didn't keep him from trying and being there with his team. I couldn't believe one senior who played defense and walked slowly off the field everytime we changed possesions. There was several times where our offense was ready to start a play before his butt got off the field. Our corners played well (several picks and breakups) and it seemed there was some break downs in the middle of the field in coverage. Glad to see Dustin Rhea back in action with the defense. He played well against Lebanon Thursday and did well Friday also. We had alot of dropped balls and there were times that recievers ran wrong routes, but they are improved from last year and that's what this 7 on 7 competition is for. I think having Bill Rutledge working with them has helped.

What's up? It was more like 4 or 5 losses and 3 wins. They had one win (Ravenwood) and 2 losses before I got there. They played a great game against Liberty (out of state team Alabama?) then went to lunch and came back and looked terrible. They did manage to pull out a win against Livingston Academy in the last game. I didn't see any senior leadership other than Bradley Steg being there and trying to play considering his seadoo accident from two weeks ago. You could tell he was in pain, but it didn't keep him from trying and being there with his team. I couldn't believe one senior who played defense and walked slowly off the field everytime we changed possesions. There was several times where our offense was ready to start a play before his butt got off the field. Our corners played well (several picks and breakups) and it seemed there was some break downs in the middle of the field in coverage. Glad to see Dustin Rhea back in action with the defense. He played well against Lebanon Thursday and did well Friday also. We had alot of dropped balls and there were times that recievers ran wrong routes, but they are improved from last year and that's what this 7 on 7 competition is for. I think having Bill Rutledge working with them has helped.

Thanks, for all the updates "Nitro" !! Keep working hard Pioneers !!! The 7 on 7 drills are fun and competitive, but no team will really know, where they stand, until the "Big Uglies" hit the field. Line play is soooooooo critical, on both sides of the ball.

Thanks, for all the updates "Nitro" !! Keep working hard Pioneers !!! The 7 on 7 drills are fun and competitive, but no team will really know, where they stand, until the "Big Uglies" hit the field. Line play is soooooooo critical, on both sides of the ball.

Your welcome and well said! Lineman are the heart of the team! Just like building a house you have to have a foundation and the lineman are the foundation to the team. I like to refer to them as the "Hogs". We graduated some good ones last year and need some to take their place. We have alot of skill position players who are alot stronger than most of our lineman which leads me to believe we need more dedication. We only have a few lineman that can bench over 225 which is sad. Coaches can only do so much and the players need to work hard year around to be successful.

Mark your calenders for the tailgate party/pep rally on August 15th around 4:30. It will be held @ Nunley Stadium and we are going to blow it out for the high school, middle school and youth players! The parking lot of the middle school will be rented out by tailgaters and we will go to the stadium at a certain time and kick off the season right! The band, cheerleaders and games for everyone. Main Street McMinnville has organized this downtown for the last two years and did a fantastic job, but what's left of them cannot get any cooperation from city officials. A BBQ event @ the Civic Center has been scheduled for that weekend and they wanted us to join them, but nothing should take away from our football players ages 5 thru seniors. We wanted to have it dowtown as usual, but they went so far as to want to charge us for the cones to block off the streets. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that our town is hosting a pro BBQ cookoff, but the Saturday night before the first games has been a big event to get the season kicked off right!

Your welcome and well said! Lineman are the heart of the team! Just like building a house you have to have a foundation and the lineman are the foundation to the team. I like to refer to them as the "Hogs". We graduated some good ones last year and need some to take their place. We have alot of skill position players who are alot stronger than most of our lineman which leads me to believe we need more dedication. We only have a few lineman that can bench over 225 which is sad. Coaches can only do so much and the players need to work hard year around to be successful.

The line is the key...they still have time. But, they need to pick it up.