2009 Warren Co. Pioneers

Nitro14

The Siegel scrimmage is Thursday the 30th . Not sure what time they start. We leave our school @ 7:00 a.m. Usually they go all day working on all areas of the game. O vs. D, Special teams and the whole nine yards. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it's going to be pretty. I love all our boys, but don't see much intensity or leadership other than Harvey and Robinson. Maybe if we get our butts handed to us they will wake up! Just can't believe the turn around from the youth league and the undefeated team from the middle school. I know for a fact that this years juniors that scored almost 300 points and only allowed 70 @ the middle school was one of the best in the state! Coach Parker from Cascade told them after we beat them 34-6. that he has never seen a better middle school team and for them to stay together and keep working hard! They (Cascade) are one of the front runners to win their class the next two years. Our boys have all the potential, but need to unite and be dedicated to being winners!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's going on? Where is our toughness, unity, leadership and HEART!

Pioneers, you guys need to call a team meeting without the coaches and work out the differences and come together so you can move forward. I never thought as youth players and middle school players you guys would ever give up on each other. If some of the injured players do not want to come to your practices and scrimmages, go to the coaches and demand that they be cut! They can come to the pictures, but don't want to support you. Your better off without them! Do not think for one minute any player can't be replaced! You guys need to become one! Dustin Rhea suffered a serious leg injury last year and is still right there with you guys doing whatever he can! That's a PIONEER!

AMEN BROTHER i can't agree with you more I think if you can't show up to support your team in every endeavor you really don't know what a team is so we don't need you. But if they show up come game time i bet they will start over some of the ones that has been there during the summer. what do you think TUNA? :lol:

Funny you should ask! My son just came home and informed me he cannot participate for a week because of his shoulder sprain. He has done everything he can to get back on the field and even helped me today clean up my father's land before practice. He has some pain, but nothing he can't play through. I guess we see now where our teams softness comes from. I guess I am old school.

Like you told me yesterday, you play like you practice!

If you think about it, the team that went undefeated only has about half the kids still playing and a lot them haven't grown much since middle school. If your son is hurt don't you think he needs to be 100% for the first game? I agree theirs a difference in playing hurt and being injured and according to the paper the number pf players is small so they have to be tough.

Welcome to the "T" 37111. You bring up some good points. Yes there is only about half of the players from the undefeated middle school still playing, but they are the ones who stuck it out and alot of them saw playing time as freshmen and sophomores with the varsity. Yes some of them haven't grown much and should be more dedicated in the weight room and doing things on their own to make them better, which in turn will help cut down on injuries. IMO getting faster and stronger is more important than X's and O's. Sorry about being negative, but Pioneer football has come a long way and we don't need to go backwards. These players can get it done if they will unite and give 110! No doubt in my mind!