2009 Warren Co. Pioneers

Nitro14

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SmashmouthFB is right! The Pioneers will get it together and will be looking for revenge against Dekalb. We just received good news that Dustin Rhea (SS) has been cleared to return Monday! He will bring intensity and a fire that his teammates will feed off of. Will Rose (OL/DL) has also been cleared, but Billy Holland (OL/DL) is out for the season and will have surgery on his knee next Friday. Steg (QB) and Thrower (DB/QB) should be back next week. Not sure about Thomasen (OL/DL) and his shoulder injury and Robinson (OL/DL) is back today. Haven't heard anything on seniors Hutchings (RB/DB) and Bain (OL/DL), both should be returning soon.

Please pray for Brenda Moore and her family as she is going through treatments for Cancer. We love you guys!

some of the guys have been hurt and gotten hurt over the summer.Bain has been hurt since last year and will be awesome on his return.Thrower got hurt at Seigal. Steg got in a fight with a jet ski.Its just nagging little things that are coming to a head on a squad thats already slim at most positions. I really think the heart of this team will show through and when it does look out it could be special

The Pioneers had a good scrimmage with Moore Co. today. Northcutt ran two long touchdowns, Harris picked up a fumble on Defense and returned it 40+ yards for a score and Glenn and Martin caught passes for scores. Moore Co. has a good team and is well coached and held their own against us scoring four T.D's of their own. One of those T.D.'s was made after a horrible call from their coach who called a late hit on Harvey and he was the one who tackled him? Their drive would have ended on a change of possesions, but they got 15 yards and a first down and eventually scored. I was impressed with the intensity the Pioneers and coaches showed today. I know Moore Co. is a small school, but the Pioneers seemed to stay upbeat and supported one another. I was proud of coach Evans when he called out a couple injured players who were wearing sunglasses and their ball caps backwards, walking around like God's gift to the world! He told them to take the stuff off and support their teammates from the sidelines and took a few players out immediatley when they wouldn't hit the ball carrier and played two hand touch. We still have a couple of attitude problems, but the players are starting to come together and if they do we will be hard to handle!

As far as our injuries Mr. D1 Talent, most of them are just now being cleared by their doctors. Some are a little soft or don't want to put in the hard work that goes on during camp and scrimmages with the tough teams like Oakland, siegel and a few others that we work with each year. Just like employees I used to deal with, you always have a few that cry wolf and I am sure most teams and companies have them. A few of them will be ready to go come the start of the season, but have lost alot of respect from their teammates. The Pioneers will be ready for ya'll two weeks from now. Let's buckle our chin straps and may the best team win!

AMEN BROTHER! The problem i have is that the kids that have been there during the summer and camp will be wanting playing time and they won't get it because the D1 talent will be wantig to play.

I've seen most of these kids since 5&6 year old play,so I know they have it in them to be a good team

they just to have to find there heart again. They need a leader to step up and take the reins and lead this team to the team I know they can be. :thumb:

Regardless if you have been there all summer or not, high school football is about putting the BEST 11 on the field. If players don't show up I'm sure they have to run or pass a test to be allowed on the team. If they abide by the rules set by the coaches, then they should play. What about the kids that played baseball all summer? I think parents worry to much about playing time than supporting the team.

so you believe a kid that is a good athlete should be able to walk on the team and just be able to play.

he doesn't need to be there to support the team? He doesn't need contact before the season starts. I don't know of college or pro that just walks in and plays. They need the practice period. If they had another sport they were playing i can understand. But some of the boys are not playing another sport.

Please don't try to tell me support the team. I'M A VERY BIG BACKER FO THE FOOTBALL TEAM AND ALWAYS WILL. :thumb:

so you believe a kid that is a good athlete should be able to walk on the team and just be able to play.

he doesn't need to be there to support the team? He doesn't need contact before the season starts. I don't know of college or pro that just walks in and plays. They need the practice period. If they had another sport they were playing i can understand. But some of the boys are not playing another sport.

Please don't try to tell me support the team. I'M A VERY BIG BACKER FO THE FOOTBALL TEAM AND ALWAYS WILL. :roflolk:

Michael Strahan, year the Giants won the Superbowl. Bret Favre, ALOT, Peyton Manning, last season. Just some examples. BTW, my question was never answered, and I have heard nothing, how did the scrimmage go against Livingston last week? All I have read since then is bickering between fans.

Thats all they do in warren county on all the boards is bicker about everything. What all this comes down to is the parents are upset that the coaches are not letting the parents run the show in all sports. Coaches coach and booster clubs and parents should cheer and support the team.