2009 Warren Co. Pioneers

Nitro14

I take exception to your comments about parents and booster club members. You will NEVER see a booster club or group of parents that has work harder for the teams than the group you have now! You have no idea what this group has done from the time these players were very young until now. We took over the youth program which didn't have hardly any money and all equipment needed refurbished or replaced. Several kids didn't have the money for sign-ups or rides and we took care of that. We preached to the kids about hustling on and off the field, being on time, not laying out of practice, to never sit on your helmets (which I seen alot this year), pick each other up if they made a bad play, keep their mouth shut from smart remarks and play the game, made sure they had their homework done before practice or they were sent home, had our older daughters tutor them if they were having trouble in school, we now stand on street corners during roadblocks in 90+ degree weather to raise money for them and you, spend countless hours lining the field and trying to get the parents that's comming behind us to help and learn what has to be done, preparing plans for fund raisers and meals, pulling the equipment trailer and the list goes on. If that's not supporting Pioneer Football than we would love to meet with you and you explain to us what your version of support means. I talked with a senior after the Moore Co. scrimmage Friday. The freshmen were having to run for conditioning or something they didn't do that was expected of them and I told him it would have made a strong statement of team unity if the varsity would have stayed out there and ran with them. He told me "You know, I wished I had thought of that".

Don't get me wrong, I know posting negative comments on boards isn't good and I will try to refrain in the future if I have offended anyone, but I believe there was some negative comments put on here last year by a coach or coach's about some booster club members that were recognized for their hard work @ the banquet.

With all that said, it is my opinon that we are starting to head in the right direction. I noticed alot more enthusiasm, heart and intensity from everyone with the scrimmage @ Moore Co. We have several injured players returning this week and if our players come together we will be fine!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King21, Livingston did well against the Pioneers! We scored early on them with a TD pass to our receiver Glenn. We had a couple other TD's from long runs. Ya'll ran the ball well and have some bruising RB's and a physical line and scored several times also. It was pretty close as far as scoring goes and I didn't keep up with the score, but Livingston probably won. Our coaches and players weren't happy with our effort. We will see ya'll again Friday @ the jamboree and you can come on here and post your comments on how it went! Rest assured, you will see a whole different team Friday!

I don't think we will be commplaining this time. I believe the Pioneers will be ready for you Friday! Ya'll have a coach that I love to watch and I believe he is the defensive coordinator. He has a fire in him that makes me want to suit up! Kind of a small guy and I met him @ MTSU 7 on 7 and was very impressed with the way he takes care of business! A true motivator and let's players know what he expects.

Great Tailgate/Pep Rally tonight to kick the season of this week! Thanks to everyone who came out and showed support for all teams. Also thanks to those who helped paint the field and get it ready! It looks GREAT!

The Pioneers won a hard fought battle against Livingston Academy last night

14-12 @ the jamboree. Friday night should be a Barn Burner!

Go PIONEERS!

The only game I saw besides ours was the York and Monterey game. Monterey has a pretty good size team with alot of height and good looking athletes, but York really took it to them. I believe it was #20 for Monterey that was a running back that runs very hard, but didn't get many carries and had to do alot of it on his own. Two good teams for the size of schools they are. Got to get it done up front on both sides of the ball to be successful!

Pioneer players and fans need to read James Clark's column in the paper today on the left side of the sports page. He hit the nail on the head!

Well to be honest it didnt sit well with me who is he to call our Teams soft when hes been to one practice ........

Its definately some bulletin boards material,If the community thinks the Team is soft it could push the guys to do better and play tougher.

On a better note Good luck to all the teams,Everyone Come out to Nunley all week For Middle School Freshmen and High School Games .Lets start this year off with a bang with wins in all age groups and get a lil swagger back in WC football