Ooltewah FBall 2009-10

TNsteeler

Here a few Random thoughts: To Bluemom, if I'm not mistaken, Ooltewah brought the entire varsity/jv squad. The low numbers of Owl football players is like the elephant in the room that everyone sees but nobody wants to talk about. When you understand that there are 27 seniors, it is certainly concerning.

Void, the problem with Ooltewah, whether it's football,baseball or whatvever, there are always daddies that only want little johnny to play a certain position and they let the coaches know about it. We are not going to win at this level with sophomore offensive linemen. These daddies need to get out of the way, let the coaches coach, and let them put the kids where they will benefit the TEAM. There are a couple of kids that are average skill players that need to move to the o-line. Both of these players would make good guards. There is nobody on the bench the coaches can go to and we are less than two weeks from the jamboree.

As far as deep snaping is concerned, Goose Manning will be successful if you will be patient. He is a good athlete with tremendous heart and is a winner. If I know Goose, he will put in the extra time and reps to get it right.

As to the defense, you need to give them a pass because of McCallie's option game. Our defense is built on speed and putting pressure on the qb. The defense will be fine, the o-line is the big question.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't beat around the bush..."MTB"..WHO,WHAT,WHEN AND WHERE?...sophmore lineman?.,.daddys?.,.Hhhmmm? Sounds like someone stirring the pot about things don't know about....BUT!!!.,.if what you suggest is TRUE!!who's to blame,coaches?Once and for all "MINETHATBIRD"...tell everyone on here,HOW TO FIX "THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM" problem.Lets hear your starting line-up@ every postion...offense,defense punt,punt-return,kick-off etc....low numbers on football,baseball teams. HOW DO YOU FIX IT? :)

From what everyone is saying, it sounds like the owls are in trouble. How do you all think we will do in this upcoming season?

Cause they lost a lot of talent, that they will miss, to the Hurricanes.....thanks for the offensive line...ya'll watch this Hurricane program grow....by the way, Owls didnt look so good against McCallie, yall gotta protect the QB and give him time to do something with the ball...

Here a few Random thoughts: We are not going to win at this level with sophomore offensive linemen. These daddies need to get out of the way, let the coaches coach, and let them put the kids where they will benefit the TEAM. There are a couple of kids that are average skill players that need to move to the o-line. Both of these players would make good guards. There is nobody on the bench the coaches can go to and we are less than two weeks from the jamboree.

The defense will be fine, the o-line is the big question.

As there is only ONE sophomore offensive lineman, MTB, and I know his daddy had absolutely NOTHING to do with where he's at, please tell us your exact solution with the players we've got?!?! Especially since it was a couple of the senior OL players who were making the mistakes at the McCallie scrimmage. This IS a very inexperienced OL as a starting package but they will pull it together....as you said, "let the coaches coach".

Ooltewah is behind the 8-ball with linemen..,..with that being said,all ooltewah lost to east hamilton was depth!!!! "NO TALENTED LINEMEN",all the kids that left are good kids,but are not very good linemen right now.And ooltewah having no linemen as nothing to do with Monroe or any other coach,they aren't there.Ooltewah has alot of RBs,wrs,dbs etc...just NO- linemen. The back-up qb shouldnt be snapping,they need to change one of the def.ends,move a LB.and coach the OL into some hard nosed hogs in the mud,if they are strong and smart,SIZE doesnt matter.(..if they do what they are supposed to do.)The coaches that are there ,now are very good,if they get a grip on this(o-line,d-line)problem,OWLS will be a contender for a state championship!!!!..,..but,IF they screw around and slip up,between now and Tyner..the whole year will cave-in on the owls..MY OPINION ONLY..!! it could snow-ball,but I don't think Monroe and his staff will let that happen....... :D

Being that last years o-line was made up of all seniors, how can you assume that we didn't lose any good linemen to ehhs? if i remember correctly, last years backup (if you could even call them that) only saw the field for the last couple of minutes of every game. (only if we were up 3 td's.) I'm sure monroe is wishing a couple of those boys didn't transfer.....

Being that last years o-line was made up of all seniors, how can you assume that we didn't lose any good linemen to ehhs? if i remember correctly, last years backup (if you could even call them that) only saw the field for the last couple of minutes of every game. (only if we were up 3 td's.) I'm sure monroe is wishing a couple of those boys didn't transfer.....

:roflol: WHAT? ..all ooltewah lost were bodies..none of the kids that left where anywhere near ready to be starters,even now...everybody needs to quick beatin a dead horse on this subject.....It is what it is..RIGHT NOW,before the year is up,there will be some changes(trust me)transfers,maybe? or someone will step up and be a total surprise,but east hamilton shouldnt even be in the same discussion with ooltewah as far as sports should go(total different situtaions). OOLTEWAH fans will know what kind of year the owls will have after the TYNER game.