Top Posters In This Topic

Turbo Smith - State title 1st year!

Houston Clements

Dalton Ayers

Blaike Henry

Hayden Hamilton

Aaron Lopez

Turbo will definitley have a shot

Houston and Blaike will have very good years after wrestling varsity as 8th graders

Hayden and Aaron will be very good freshmen and will only continue to get better in the system Cleveland has in place.

Dalton will be in the 7th grade next year if I am not mistaken.

Agree Turbo Smith should be a 4x state champ.

I heard that Turner Martin one of GA top wrestlers is headed up to Baylor, if so worth watching for. We have seen him win at Tulsa and seen him alot in GA tournaments for years. He will be a stud added to Baylor's Varsity line up

Agree Turbo Smith should be a 4x state champ.

I heard that Turner Martin one of GA top wrestlers is headed up to Baylor, if so worth watching for. We have seen him win at Tulsa and seen him alot in GA tournaments for years. He will be a stud added to Baylor's Varsity line up

Turner Martin will be at mcCallie .

Looks like a pretty tough group moving up,

Aaron Lopez and Turbo Smith are both real tough at about the same weight

I have seen T.Martin from GA wrestle too-tough kid- good addition for McCallie

I think that Dalton Ayers will be 8th grade next year- he'll be one to watch in 9th

Why place all of the pressure on these young men in March/2009? Much of their being able to win a state title will depend on what weight classification they wrestle and how good the competition will be. If they have to wrestle against Croy, Hooker, Watson, etc... they may have a difficult time.

Why place all of the pressure on these young men in March/2009? Much of their being able to win a state title will depend on what weight classification they wrestle and how good the competition will be. If they have to wrestle against Croy, Hooker, Watson, etc... they may have a difficult time.

No pressure....... This was not meant to put pressure on any kid, just a conversation on the new kids that will be moving up to High School next year, all in good fun. True, there will be good competition all the weights, we have a lot of great older kids

Alright GHOUSE, you know a lot of middle school kids, how about you throw out a few names.

Well glad you value my opinion so highly /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />.

In all honesty I think most of the top names have already been thrown out there.

I would say go look at anyone that has placed at Dixie Nationals, Tulsa Nationals, Liberty Nationals, Reno Worlds, Indy Nationals, and USAW Individuals. In my opinion those are the toughest tournaments out there for middle school wrestlers. Anyone that has placed in those is someone you will have to watch out for in high school. Many of them will be forgotten because they may not start in their first year or two (if they are headed to programs with lots of depth) but will remind everyone when they are sophomores and juniors. Of course there will be a few who make immediate impacts as freshmen.

Also, watch out for any kid that has been traveling and competing on the national teams, particularly anyone competing in freestyle and greco because they are putting in longer work than many of the others who stopped when folkstyle ended.

I am not going to throw out any names just because I tend to try and do my best to follow cbg's philosophy and not call out youth wrestlers. They all have enough pressure on them moving up to the high school level and competing to gain spots on their high school teams and then competing with the older kids.

That said, several of the kids on the list so far are excellent wrestlers and many of them will make their presence known immediately next year. However, only a select few of them will be in the running for a state title though because many will be at weights where they will be competing with lots of upper classmen and that difference can not be overestimated. And yes I will state that I know of a few wrestlers who absolutely should have been included with the names already mentioned but haven't... I will keep those names to myself and see if anyone else agrees.

If you want my list go and check the results for the tournaments I listed before. Anyone placing there is an absolutely quality wrestler. There are many others who may not have placed there yet but the work they have been putting in for years and continuing to go will push them to the next level when they hit high school.