Livingston Academy vs. Gibson County

13aafanatic

I've been showing my face on here for the last several years. As I remember the shoe has been on the other foot for 9 years we've been coming here and to hear all the trash talk you guys do from 7AA about we don't play anyone, can't handle the pressure ect.....I'm just quoting the facts man. Granted we only have one Gold Ball and LA has 4. Thats fantastic and I commend your school. THis year the shoe just happens to be on the other foot. I congratualte LA on their season. GIbson County was the best team that played in this tournamnet this year and it was their time finally. I can assure you I will continue to support our GIbson County teams like I have for over 20 years. Sounds like you got a little tast of sour grapes. How do you explain 17-0 run in the 4th QTR.

No sour grapes here. If you've bothered to read thru this thread, you would see that I've already commended your team on their win as well as their tenasious defense.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you explain 17-0 run in the 4th QTR.

Superb pressure to force mistakes combined with GC's ability to immediately capitalize on those mistakes.

GC is a better team and sometimes the better team does win. What can we say.

As Coach Levy once said (paraphrasing). The only way to make sure you never lose a championship game is to never play in one.

Grats again to GC on the season and their tourny! Hope to see your girls next year about this same time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Hogeye!!

Superb pressure to force mistakes combined with GC's ability to immediately capitalize on those mistakes.

GC is a better team and sometimes the better team does win. What can we say.

As Coach Levy once said (paraphrasing). The only way to make sure you never lose a championship game is to never play in one.

Grats again to GC on the season and their tourny! Hope to see your girls next year about this same time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Hogeye!!

Me too its been fun, but I will have to say a more exspensive weekend!!!! Got to go home and work harder now!

your right, i'll be the first to say i didnt give la enough credit before the game. they remind me alot of this gc team with their heart and determination. their defense was far and away the best we have faced this year and although i feel that butler was fouled about every time she got into the lane she was held to 12 points. i would have bet money that we would lose with her only scoring 12. griffin and reedy really stepped up with gardner makin some big shots also. this was a great example on the saying "defense wins championships". we were not able to hit shots all weekend but we used our pressure d to create the offense and get some confidence going.

yeah... i was somewhat irritated with the officials as well on some of those non-calls... but u cant do nothin bout that just play through it and that's what the lady p's did... lol lets just all get along an commend both teams on a great effort. as LAwildcats would say thats "showing class" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yeah... i was somewhat irritated with the officials as well on some of those non-calls... but u cant do nothin bout that just play through it and that's what the lady p's did... lol lets just all get along an commend both teams on a great effort. as LAwildcats would say thats "showing class" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Couldn't agree more.

BTW, the calls were on both sides of the ball.

No sour grapes here. If you've bothered to read thru this thread, you would see that I've already commended your team on their win as well as their tenasious defense.

My bad thats was meant for "rockinchair" post. Didn't appreciate his remarks about being immature. Then I looked and saw he has les than 40 posts....so I should consider the source. I did read your post all the way through and I appreciate your comments. Like I said LA has nothing to ashamed of. You certainly have more Gold and Silver hardware than we do. I just hope we finally got over the hump and can repeat next year since we are returing all starters except 1.

I've been showing my face on here for the last several years. As I remember the shoe has been on the other foot for 9 years we've been coming here and to hear all the trash talk you guys do from 7AA about we don't play anyone, can't handle the pressure ect.....I'm just quoting the facts man. Granted we only have one Gold Ball and LA has 4. Thats fantastic and I commend your school. THis year the shoe just happens to be on the other foot. I congratualte LA on their season. GIbson County was the best team that played in this tournamnet this year and it was their time finally. I can assure you I will continue to support our GIbson County teams like I have for over 20 years. Sounds like you got a little tast of sour grapes. How do you explain 17-0 run in the 4th QTR.

Sour grapes??? Holding a grudge all these years is sour grapes and indicative of you needing professional help! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Your motto must have been: "I'm gonna get you sucka!" /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> You were better this year plain and simple. Act like you have been there.

My bad thats was meant for "rockinchair" post. Didn't appreciate his remarks about being immature. Then I looked and saw he has les than 40 posts....so I should consider the source. I did read your post all the way through and I appreciate your comments. Like I said LA has nothing to ashamed of. You certainly have more Gold and Silver hardware than we do. I just hope we finally got over the hump and can repeat next year since we are returing all starters except 1.

Well my post count is only 20 or more. LOL! I didn't even realize this board existed until 3 days ago! LOL!

Sour grapes??? Holding a grudge all these years is sour grapes and indicative of you needing professional help! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Your motto must have been: "I'm gonna get you sucka!" /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> You were better this year plain and simple. Act like you have been there.

lol we havent been here though. maybe next year we'll know how to act!!! lol...

on a side note i just wanted to make note i was impressed with griffin getting the mvp trophy. in today's world its all about who scores the most and does the flashy stuff. not taking anything away from butler who was sensational throughout the tournament. but its nice to see people who understand what real value is! 3 consecutive double doubles in a win or go home type situation is an awesome feat. congrats heather griffin hope to see u back here this time next year!

lol and aw yeah... butler griffin and reedy were only juniors... wonder what'll happen for the encore... lol

lol and aw yeah... butler griffin and reedy were only juniors... wonder what'll happen for the encore... lol

As said earlier.... Scary!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I just hope we can get another crack at ya next year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />