Livingston Academy vs. Gibson County

13aafanatic

We're cool 'westlevee' now that I know your a she and not a he. I was sort of worried earlier when you said you "felt the love for me". I thought what's this dude smoking. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OMG!! That is priceless! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You have made my day. See, I have my gender on my profile so I assumed you knew I was a she. We are definitely cool now, especially after I have totally freaked you out with the love thing. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Ok, excuse me now. I have to get up off the floor. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> My seven year old is sitting here asking me "Mommy, what are you doing?"

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you're in the same town as me or in the town right over. You said K-8 in your town had 120 kids. With that being said you are either from Yorkville or Spring Hill, lol. You most likely know who I am if you were to hear my name. My brother coaches football up at Gibson Co. and I live right outside the big town of Yorkville. I'm curious as to who ya are.

Spring Hill /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You should be proud. I have always said for the past several years that the road to the "hardware" (you know the gold and silver balls) runs through the upper cumberland area. Don't know what you feed them, but it's something special. Care to share what it is? You guys have a rich tradition in girls basketball. That's what makes it fun when 2 great regions can play each other.

Now all I have to look forward to is girls softball. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Thanks gcfan...We are proud! And you all over there have figured out the recipe...Here's the cool thing...When you start winning the Gold/Silver, making state, being succesful year in and year out and you all have successful, you get these little girls in the stands that went home this weekend that are pretending to be Butler, Griffen, Jennings, and the rest of the crew. They get hungry at a young age to want to be like these young ladies and well....there you go! Congratulations again on a great season! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rocking Chair, from your user name I assume you are an older gentleman . Being from "lower Alpine", did you have the opportunity to play for, or watch, some of those great teams at Alpine High School?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> OUCH! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thanks gcfan...We are proud! And you all over there have figured out the recipe...Here's the cool thing...When you start winning the Gold/Silver, making state, being succesful year in and year out and you all have successful, you get these little girls in the stands that went home this weekend that are pretending to be Butler, Griffen, Jennings, and the rest of the crew. They get hungry at a young age to want to be like these young ladies and well....there you go! Congratulations again on a great season! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks. That sounds like a good recipe to me. Well I say again between the schools and the hardware you guys have around there I can only hope Gibson Co. can win another now they know they can. Is been an intimidation factor for us too long. Maybe that's over. Congrats to you as well. Still trying to figure out that Hogeye thing though.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> OUCH! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It's not all that bad. After all your just a year..... maybe 2 yrs. younger than me. You have turned the half century mark haven't you. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Hey big Daddy, Do you need to borrow my recipe, I slipped HD a lil "GUNPOWDER AND LEAD" lol had to lighten it up a lil it stunted her growth! But she is about the fastest thing on two feet! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I mixed it in with her beans & Taters.... and lil cornbread and of course that buttermilk to wash it down.

Congrats Lady Cats on a great season, you have made us so proud of you. This is an unforgettable season you should all be proud of. You are a very determined team that has worked day in and day out to get where you are and honestly it did pay off with the silver ball and that is not what you wanted, but it is a great accomplishment by a team that no one thought was capable of and you did it. So hold your heads high and keep on working for some of you its not over yet. As for our seniors, you will be greatly missed by the players and the fans. Good luck in everything you do in life, we will all miss you more than you realize. I would Also like to thank all the local area teams that came out to support us. They may hate us during the season, but when it came down to it they gave us great support and I want to commend yall for that. Heres a few I want to commend, Jackson County, Upperman, Cookeville, Clarkrange, Pickett County and these are the ones I know about, so thanks to you all. The Upper Cumberland represents very well, fan based and team based. If I missed any teams, sorry for that these are just the ones I know about. Go HOG-EYE we are all looking forward to next year. As for the LA Wildcats lets "get-r-dunn" this week. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Big Daddy_1, you are on the money with that. It's definitely motivation. My daughter is seven and we're playing pee wee b-ball at school now, and since the post season started I can tell a big difference in her attitude towards it. She's wanting to practice every day pretending she's Butler or Jennings. Unfortunately, our last game is tonight and softball starts next week. I hope the intensity carries over to softball and she wants to keep practicing b-ball, too.

gcfan2, I didn't understand the HOG-EYE either since they were the Lady Wildcats, so Saturday on the way out of the bathroom I stopped an LA fan and asked her. Correct me if I'm wrong LA fans-there is a small community in Overton Co. called Hog-eye(sp?) and several years ago(in the 60's or 70's maybe) there was another very successful LA team and the majority of the players were all from Hog-eye(sp?), so it became the unofficial mascot one could say for LA. It's a tradition thing. It has stuck throughout the years. Is that correct BigDaddy1, RC, DaKidd? It fascinated me so I had to ask somebody.

I copied ths from another thread. It goes back to the 30's-40's. Not sure.

"I am not a good story teller but I am up and will try.

We are a one high school county. We are in rural Tennessee with 4 elementary schools and 1 middle school that "feed" the high school. Each community is very proud of their school and their basketball and always have.

Many years ago, one of the community's known as Hogeye/Bethsaida had some kids (can't remember if boys or girls team) on the LA team and when they were on the court, their friends would holler things like "go hogeye" or "get em hogeye" and the name just stuck and so forth came one of the most famed and hated chants in the state:

"H O G E Y E HOG-EYE HOG-EYE TNT!!". It is and has been an LA tradition for a long time. I hope I got that close. I know there are other posters who can tell the story much better but I think that is it in a nut shell. "

congrats to GC, wish we could been there in that final in place of LA but it was not meant to be.

i don't think Griffin shoulda been MVP, i think it shoulda been ...

Aubrey Reedy

she should have been the MVP ... no way Gibson is 35-0 if she didn't transfer ... maybe at least send OC a panel off that Gold Ball because with her and Miss Basketball Chassidy Fussell, OC and GC might have just swapped places