Single A State Tournament..

TempleTrue

Everybody keeps sayin it doesn't matter when 2 teams play. The best 2 teams should play in the ship. I just don't think its fair if a team gets put out in the 1st round and is 25 points better than the team from the other side of the bracket. I hope the TSSAA loses money on this one. The most hyped game of the year will be in the 1st round.

If you really wanna find out who is the best team make the tourney double elimination! Of course there will be a few more games but this format will really tell you who is the best team! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's how I'd have it, but I'd still rather have a blind draw. A team might have missed its top scorer the first half of the season due to injury (say Temple's Sexton, for example) but is playing the best ball of anyone down the stretch, why would they deserve to be a 7 or 8 if that's the case. Same for a team that was young early after graduating a lot, or played a brutal non-district and/or district schedule and got some losses.

A good example of that is Grace Baptist. They have been loaded with talent the last three years and have struggled all season to play as a team. After their unbelievable loss to Silverdale Academy in double overtime (a loss that left everyone scratching their heads), they arose from the ashes and are a very different team. Temple went from beating them by about 15 or so in the first match up to losing the next three games. Grace is by far the most dangerous team at state. You Humboldt and Manassas folks really out to be spending more time worrying about beating Grace. While you are still high fiving each other, Grace is going to slip past you to the finals.

If you really wanna find out who is the best team make the tourney double elimination! Of course there will be a few more games but this format will really tell you who is the best team! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Actually, a very good idea. I cannot say that I honestly have ever seen a double elimination tournament in basketball before, but it would make for some very exciting games, and would generate even more coveted revenue for the TSSAA. They could start the games earlier than ten in the morning and play later into the evening if they needed.

That is a sorry comment! You should be ashamed! If they are at the boro they deserve to be there. Grace Baptist and Temple won the games they needed to win so they deserve it! Or are you just mad cause McEwen didn't make it? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I agree, if you make it there you have played some good basketball during the year and the tournaments. But if you watched the girls Single A championship yesterday, you would know that anything can happen. I am sure that Madison Academic is a good team, but they didn't look very good against Clarkrange yesterday. And no, I don't even have an interest in either of those teams, but somedays, some teams may have a bad day and get beat. if your team is in this eight, they all have a chance to win it all.

Actually, a very good idea. I cannot say that I honestly have ever seen a double elimination tournament in basketball before, but it would make for some very exciting games, and would generate even more coveted revenue for the TSSAA. They could start the games earlier than ten in the morning and play later into the evening if they needed.

It would be a more exciting tourney but it would never happen. Of coures the loosers bracket winner would have to beat the winners bracket winner twice for the championship but this way we would get to see the best team win the tournament

It would be a more exciting tourney but it would never happen. Of coures the loosers bracket winner would have to beat the winners bracket winner twice for the championship but this way we would get to see the best team win the tournament

I wouldn't mind double elemination if the district and region games were different. Cuz I don't like the fact you can lose in the second round of district and still make regions. You can have 3 losses goin into substate and that means if it was double elemination a team could lose 4 times after regular season and still win the ship. And I don't like the idea of that.

I wouldn't mind double elemination if the district and region games were different. Cuz I don't like the fact you can lose in the second round of district and still make regions. You can have 3 losses goin into substate and that means if it was double elemination a team could lose 4 times after regular season and still win the ship. And I don't like the idea of that.

That format allows each region winner to host a sectional.

I think the team that has the best chance of beating the teams from the west is Summertown simply because of the fact that they like to play at the same tempo. They are capable of scoring in the 100's as they have 3 or 4 times this season. Also because they have probably had the toughest road to the boro out of anyone there. They had to go through 3 VERY tough teams in #3 Culleoka, #6 Collinwood and #16 Eagleville. Not saying they will win it all but they could surprise alot of teams if they take them lightly.

Everybody keeps sayin it doesn't matter when 2 teams play. The best 2 teams should play in the ship. I just don't think its fair if a team gets put out in the 1st round and is 25 points better than the team from the other side of the bracket. I hope the TSSAA loses money on this one. The most hyped game of the year will be in the 1st round.

Not for everyone! Get over yourselves already.....

Not for everyone! Get over yourselves already.....

Look I'm not from either of these schools. I haven't seen either one of them play but I do pay close attention to all the best teams in tennessee and around the country. And all year these 2 teams have been the best 2 teams in single A. And it really is ashame they are playin in the 1st round instead of the championship.