Single A State Tournament..

TempleTrue

There is no good way to order the teams where everyone will be happy. Because most of these teams do not play each other during the season and do not play similar teams, the blind draw is the most fair way to do it. The only other thing that I think they could do is make sure that teams from adjoining regions do not play each other in the first round, like Manassas and Humboldt. To do it any other way allows way too much speculation and personal interest to become involved.

There are no bad teams in the bracket. As far as standings go Temple certainly did land in the easier side of the bracket but every team still has to bounce the ball down the court and put it in the basket and try to keep the other team from doing the same.

I may be mistaken, but I believe one year, Temple went to the state with an undefeated record or one loss, was ranked #1 or #2 in the state and was put out in the first round. One year, Temple was the underdog, the weaker team in the tournament, and beat a very good Ezell team for the title. It is anyone's game.

I understand that it really is the best way, but I agree the that adjoining regions like you said should not play first.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Humbolt drawing Manassas in the first round is unfortunate, but I don't see another way to determine the bracket order other than the blind draw. Grace Baptist actually has a pretty decent chance to win the tournament! If they take care of business against Grace Christian, they will have to face the winner of the humbolt/manassas game. but an upset win in that game would put them in the championship against prob temple, who theyve beaten the last 3 meetings! And luckily they don't have to play humbold AND manassas, since one of those teams will be unfortunately sent home first round. I hope Grace can pull it out...Good luck to all teams!

Alot of people are counting Cloudland out but I think since they have stayed away from Manassas and Humboldt in the first round right off the bat they will have a better shot at advancing. Even though their record dont stand out as many of the other teams do in the field.

Cloudland will matchup with Temple just fine. The big key in this game is containing Sexton. Very athletic kid who is a very good scorer, and it's no surprise that playing in Murfreesboro is like a home game away from home for them. But I think if you ask any coach in this tournament who you would rather face first round Manassas,Humboldt or Temple your best bet would be Temple. Cloudland plays very tough defensively and shoots the ball very well when hot.

This game is going to come down to Cloudland controlling the tempo contaning Sexton and knocking down shots. If they can do that then I think Cloudland will have a very good shot in the first round. Good luck to Cloudland and have a safe trip down to the Boro.

Coach RC

It sounds to me like there are only two or three teams that need to even show up according to the posters. There isn't anyone who has seen all eight of these teams play, so how does anyone know who the best teams are? If I were coaching some of these other teams I would play the "Nobody gives us a chance" card. The fun of high school sports is that anything can happen. Nobody gave Fulton a shot in AA last season.

If Manassass and Humboldt are the best teams in the state then it should not matter when they match up. Plus how could you say that Grace and Temple do not deserve to be in state? Temple has three state championships and one runner-up and Grace has two runner-ups in their two times in state.

Everybody keeps sayin it doesn't matter when 2 teams play. The best 2 teams should play in the ship. I just don't think its fair if a team gets put out in the 1st round and is 25 points better than the team from the other side of the bracket. I hope the TSSAA loses money on this one. The most hyped game of the year will be in the 1st round.

I find it funny that people say that the championship is being played on the first day. If thats the case why don't we just call TSSAA and tell them to forget about the rest of the games cause apparently there is no need in playing them /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . I'm sorry but saying the Humboldt/Manassas game is the championship game is a little premature, don't you think. If there was no need to play it out and we went on hype alone then we should have given the AA title to Austin East since they were the overhyped team for the whole year and give the AAA girls title to Oak Ridge. Oh wait that's right, they didnt even make it to State. Hype isn't everything, you still have to play the games out. Anything can happen on any given day. So lets just toss it up and play, cause we can debate all we want til our fingers fall off from typing and it still will have no bearing on what happens in the tournament. Every team left deserves to be there, they have earned there spot by winning the sectional games so in my eyes they all have the same shot at winning it all, its just some teams will have a tougher road than others. Thats nothing new in sports, its all the luck of the draw.

Here's how I'd have it, but I'd still rather have a blind draw. A team might have missed its top scorer the first half of the season due to injury (say Temple's Sexton, for example) but is playing the best ball of anyone down the stretch, why would they deserve to be a 7 or 8 if that's the case. Same for a team that was young early after graduating a lot, or played a brutal non-district and/or district schedule and got some losses.

1-Manassas

8-Cloudland

4-Temple

5-Clarksville Academy

2-Humboldt

7-Summertown

3-Chattanooga Grace

6-Knoxville Grace

Wow, yall are really harsh on TSSAA. It was a blind draw and Temple lucked out and Humboldt and Manassas didn't. If the system worked another way people would still complain about something. That's just the luck (good or bad) of the draw.

I wish Grace Christian would have gotten drawn a spot later. That bottom bracket is a whole lot easier, but that's just how it is. Oh well, may the best team win.

Congrats to all the teams that have made it this year!

Go Rams!

Ok then why did the girls tourney turn out the same way with the best 2 teams meeting in the first round Clarkrange vs Forrest? Really sounds like a blind draw to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Temple won't play a close game until the Championship...In no way do they deserve a 2-round bye...That's the TSSAA for ya though.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How did they get a bye when its supposed to be 8 teams?

I'm so glad the region 1 and 2 teams have tough first round match ups... Temple and Grace Baptist... please beat them like they don't deserve to be there...

That is a sorry comment! You should be ashamed! If they are at the boro they deserve to be there. Grace Baptist and Temple won the games they needed to win so they deserve it! Or are you just mad cause McEwen didn't make it? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />