Bolivar (26-3) vs. Livingston Acad. (32-2)

Bolivar roster, these are the guys that will play??¦for sure. All play REALLY good defense to. Bolivar likes to run a form of the DDM offense and plays in your face on the defensive end. This will be Rick Rudesill??™s 6th trip to the State Tournament in a little over 10 seasons. Also has made it to substate and fell short at least twice that I know of. Won Back to Back State Championships 2004/2005 2005/2006.

Jay Murphy 5??™9 one of the top PG is the state and only a junior. Somebody asked about ft shooting??¦.better not put this kid on the line because he knocks them down at a high percentage. A great floor general. Like a coach on the floor.

Ricky Tisdale 5??™7/5??™8 SG undersized but QUICK!!!!!!!! And is a natural scorer??¦has had some big games against some very good teams over his career. Tisdale is also a junior. Whoever has to guard Tisdale has there work cut out for them.

Jonathan Hodge 5??™9/5??™10 do everything type player. One of the headiest players around. Rarely makes a mistake. Can consistently drain the three from deep and always seems to be in the right place at the right time when a big play is needed (rebound, steal ect)

Chris Reaves legit 6??™5 Sr Wing that can score in a variety of ways including shooting the three. Was all state as a junior and has signed to play for Austin Peay.

Des Crisp 6??™3/6??™4 Sr Wing that is a TRUE scorer. Late bloomer. Crisp led the team in scoring this season and if he had another year in high school would most likely be a mid major talent??¦.for all I know he may be anyway.

Mitch Ross legit 6??™5 Sr C ultimate hustle guy. Not the most skilled BB player but will get his share of rebounds and plays solid defense. This kid will leave everything on the court. Signed to play FB with one of the Ivy League schools (forgot which one).

Demetrious Whitehorn 6??™4 So I think this kid has more upside than anybody on the entire team. Has a chance to be special. It??™s all up to him to maximize his potential.

Bolivar also has a couple of more kids that will play but this is the key players in my opinion. The have a great backcourt, good size up front, athletic, can shoot the three, slash, rebound, and plays great defense. I??™m pretty sure Chase Dunn and some of the Bolivar kids are familiar with one another from the AAU scene??¦and most likely played together with the Nashville Celtics. I know Murphy and Reaves both played for the Celtics.

Bolivar has all the ingredients to make a run. Will they? I don??™t know because AA is wide open this season. No one clearly has a team that is head and shoulders above everybody else

This game is a tossup. Both are good. Good Luck to both teams. For those that question Bolivar??™s discipline (and I have read that to) I would just say that would be a mistake of monumental proportions. This team is good and as well coached as any team in the State Tournement. Bolivar has beaten a VERY GOOD AAA Liberty team twice this season and I can assure anybody they are more than capable of winning it all. Not saying they will??¦but, can they? ABSOLUTLEY.

Great post yankees8589. Mitch Ross has signed with Harvard to play football.

"ooooo ooooo OOOOO B-TOWN TIGERS!"

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure that your not the SID at Bolivar High. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Great description of the Bolivar Central Tigers ball team. Believe me I'm well aware of the talent they have every year. And 10 years ago we probably couldn't have stayed on the floor with a team like Bolivar. But we have closed the gap considerably with the playing of AAU. Our kids face players like Bolivar all year long now, when used to we didn't see that type of player till we got to the state. What I guess I'm trying to say is that we are no longer the inferior team like we were when I played some 30 years ago.

Seems like you LA FANS have a inferiority complex, all YANKEES did was give you an accurate description of Bolivars b-ball team never once saying that LA HAD INFERIOR TALENT. Relax, we know you have a good team, 98% of the post on this thread has been dedicated to telling anybody that will listen how good LA is. Maybe you will have a good game or not, we will see wednesday. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I got these numbers from coacht.

Bolivar:

Team record: 26-3

Points/game average: 71 -- Opponents' ppg avg: 55 (+16)

Strength of Schedule Rank: 81st (46.1% - the average win percentage of Bolivar's opponents)

Strength + Success Rank: 7th

Livingston:

Team record: 32-2

Points/game average: 75 -- Opponents' ppg avg: 53 (+22)

Strength of Schedule Rank: 11th (56.3% - the average win percentage of Livingston's opponents)

Strength + Success Rank: 1st

The numbers are comparable. Bolivar has more state tourney experience, which is a huge plus.

All-in-all, though, should be a close, very competitive game.

Seems like you LA FANS have a inferiority complex, all YANKEES did was give you an accurate description of Bolivars b-ball team never once saying that LA HAD INFERIOR TALENT. Relax, we know you have a good team, 98% of the post on this thread has been dedicated to telling anybody that will listen how good LA is. Maybe you will have a good game or not, we will see wednesday. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Maybe we do to a certain degree...But until we do something on the big stage we will be considered inferior to teams like Bolivar and nowhere did I read that any one from Bolivar said we had inferior talent. Believe me Bolivar has our respect...What Rocking Chair was saying, I think as I cant speak for him was, that LA for the last couple of years has went out hunting for some top competition and had some kids play with some good talent on the AAU scene that will hopefully prepare our team when making it this far. When in times past when we had made it this far we had good teams but maybe played a season that didn't prepare them for the state level. I hope we do have a good game and tournament as this team is capable. We will see Wednesday. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Maybe we do to a certain degree...But until we do something on the big stage we will be considered inferior to teams like Bolivar and nowhere did I read that any one from Bolivar said we had inferior talent. Believe me Bolivar has our respect...What Rocking Chair was saying, I think as I cant speak for him was, that LA for the last couple of years has went out hunting for some top competition and had some kids play with some good talent on the AAU scene that will hopefully prepare our team when making it this far. When in times past when we had made it this far we had good teams but maybe played a season that didn't prepare them for the state level. I hope we do have a good game and tournament as this team is capable. We will see Wednesday. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Thank you BigD. Yes until we do anything on the this level we will just be a mediocre team getting no respect. Not that I worry about respect b/c I don't. But I feel...... like I said earlier we have closed the gap considerably the past few years with being able to play with teams on this level.

And to BTown BBall I never said Yankee said anything about LA's talent. I was the one saying we have stepped it up the past few years playing against the best teams possible.

Sounds like to me your being just a little paranoid . I not trying to tell anyone anything but the ones like you and Lake Co.fan that are saying Bolivar will mop the floor with LA. I guess we'll see Wednesday.

Sounds like your everyday "We have poor schedule strength," excuse to me. You did a good job at wording it a little different here and there, though. I'll give you credit for that. LA has played a tough schedule and trust me, they aren't worn down after their season. I don't think anyone with a brain could think that a team that makes it to the 'boro is worn down. Everybody gains some extra energy from somewhere once you get to Murfreesboro.

In the future, just don't disguise excuses like you tried to do...just own up to them. LET'S GO LA!!!

LEAVE NO DOUBT!!!

Sincerely,

Wildcat324

I don't think I was trying to use the "We have poor schedule strength" excuse or disguise anything. I was stating that teams like Liberty, Jackson Northside (1 point loss on a last second shot), and a few others are offset by teams that win a few or no games at all. We don't play the Sisters of the Poor every game.

Also, I don't believe it takes into account the 4 point loss to the, if i heard correctly, 3-time Alabama champ during a tournament. I might be wrong on that schools record, but from what I understand they are a fantastic team.

In addition to that, if you take into account my posting on HS athletic rankings, you'd see where SoS still doesn't really matter, but while we are talking it, I'll use it.

I was being somewhat facetious about LA being worn down. My lack of smiley usage probably failed to drive that across though.

Both teams have played top talent, no doubt. At this point, SoS, records, and ranking mean nothing. It's going to be about who plays the best ball and plays under control.

A few more coacht numbers....

The only team that both Bolivar and Livingston have in common this season is Harpeth.

Livingston played them in November and won 72-54

Bolivar played them two weeks ago and won 59-40

Bolivar's record against AAA teams this year is 3-0

over

Liberty Tech 53-49

Liberty Tech 75-68

Bartlett 90-47

Livingston's record against AAA teams this year is 6-0

over

Cookeville 74-59

Cookeville 86-78

Clarksville 54-38

Ooltewah 59-39

Clarksville NE 78-54

Clarksville NE 64-43

Just numbers that may or may not mean anything. Less than 20 hours til tip-off.

LA is a good team and all so is Bolivar /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I'm taking Bolivar to go to the next round and the score will probably be close.

I know bolivar will represent the west well /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Thank you BigD. Yes until we do anything on the this level we will just be a mediocre team getting no respect. Not that I worry about respect b/c I don't. But I feel...... like I said earlier we have closed the gap considerably the past few years with being able to play with teams on this level.

And to BTown BBall I never said Yankee said anything about LA's talent. I was the one saying we have stepped it up the past few years playing against the best teams possible.

Sounds like to me your being just a little paranoid . I not trying to tell anyone anything but the ones like you and Lake Co.fan that are saying Bolivar will mop the floor with LA. I guess we'll see Wednesday.

No you are the one thats paranoid. I CHALLEGE YOU to look through any of my post that state that Bolivar will win or that LA will lose. If you find one post it and I will own up to it. Believe me in my line of work paranoid is not an option, and like I said we well see wednesday. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

A few more coacht numbers....

The only team that both Bolivar and Livingston have in common this season is Harpeth.

Livingston played them in November and won 72-54

Bolivar played them two weeks ago and won 59-40

Bolivar's record against AAA teams this year is 3-0

over

Liberty Tech 53-49

Liberty Tech 75-68

Bartlett 90-47

Livingston's record against AAA teams this year is 6-0

over

Cookeville 74-59

Cookeville 86-78

Clarksville 54-38

Ooltewah 59-39

Clarksville NE 78-54

Clarksville NE 64-43

Just numbers that may or may not mean anything. Less than 20 hours til tip-off.

CLARKSVILLE NE IS VERY GOOD AND WILL PLAY IN THE AAA STATE TOURNEY . LA BEAT THEM BAD TWICE. I DONT REALLY CARE FOR EITHER TEAM BUT IF LA BEAT CLARKSVILLE NE THAT BAD TWICE THEN THAT IS IMPRESSIVE.

I SEE FULTON REPEATING IN AA BUT IN THIS ONE ILL SAY

LA 75 BOLIVAR 65