Bolivar (26-3) vs. Livingston Acad. (32-2)

To the LA seniors thank you for all your hard work i know it will not soon be forgotten you put together an amazing run with your time at LA. I thought the better team won yesterday in the boro and im not taking anything away from bolivar they played great, but did all the foul calls especially during the first part of the 4th quarter seem a little sketchy to anyone besides me? Not taking anything away from bolivar they played a great game but the foul calls seem to get a little out of control. But again congrats bolivar and bring home the gold!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RECIPE FOR TIGER STEW

Toss in a few dozen DEVAN eggs and add milk.

Throw in several pounds of salt PETERMAN for flavor and to get the fire started.

CHASE a small herd of TIGERS onto the floor where they can be 3 point shot down by having SMITH & WEST in.

RAM(SEY) the TIGERS into the HOGEYE MELTON POT.

Cook on high heat for 32 minutes or until DUNN.

ENJOY !!!!!

Looks like the Tigers had a little HOGEYE stew.

How can the LA girls overachieve and make it to the championship game while the boys underachieve and get BLOWN out in the first game for the second year in a row? Is it choking or coaching???

Did you ever stop to think that maybe Middle Tn. boys BB is still a ways behind West Tn.?.......... The loss I saw yesterday had more to do with a better, more athletic team MAKING LA look bad, than LA 'choking'............I'm sure Coach Melton would change a few things if he had the game to play over but he got us there two years in a row......Don't believe that had EVER happened before in the history of LA basketball and we've had some very good talent, at times, over the years..................I believed in them and enjoyed watching them play over this great season and I don't believe pointing fingers at them or the coach will accomplish anything at this point..............Congratulations to the seniors on a great 'run'.....You have accomplished things that no one before you has ever done......You will be sorely missed, not only for your actions on the hardwood, but also for the way you have represented LA off the floor........Congratulations to the entire team and Coach Melton for the steady improvement you have shown................Keep up the good work.....You'll always be winners to the TRUE fans.....................................Congratulations to Bolivar Central on the win. You have the better team. Good luck the rest of your tourney run! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How can the LA girls overachieve and make it to the championship game while the boys underachieve and get BLOWN out in the first game for the second year in a row? Is it choking or coaching???

Come on dude. Give credit where credit is due. Typically, these sort of games are all about matchups. Tisdale on Dunn makes it a little tougher for LA. #30 is that good. Coach Melton is a good coach from my observations. There's just a bigger dog around the corner sometimes. This could have been the championship game. Bad draw for LA as it turns out.

Congratulations Bolivar. Sounds like your guys are hungry and playing hard. You can't teach athleticism and Bolivar brings that to the floor in waves. Good luck the rest of the tournament.

What happened to all tha LA pride we were all hearing about before the game? Some people on here are saying they laid down...how do you reconcile pride and laying down in a game of this magnitude? Please explain.

Don't let it worry you too much. The LA faithful's pride is still there.........Loss is sometimes a hard pill to swallow.............I believe several LA fans have stated on here that they believed BC had the better team...........The game is over---Try showing a little 'class'.

Don't let it worry you too much. The LA faithful's pride is still there.........Loss is sometimes a hard pill to swallow.............I believe several LA fans have stated on here that they believed BC had the better team...........The game is over---Try showing a little 'class'.

I was just asking a question.....guess you forget some of things you posted.....why don't you show some class? You are one of those that has the old double standard....I see how you are....I think it's funny to. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Most of the LA fans have class and I'm not talking about them...I'm talking about the ones thta got on here talking trash before the game....one of them was you if i'm not mistaken.

I really don't believe that the LA team that I have seen play all year showed up yesterday. Part of it was the fact that Boliver has some very quick guards and put a lot of pressure on us. The rest was that LA just had a bad game. Boliver played a good Defence, but this is not the first time that LA has seen that kind of pressure, and the other times they have seen that pressure they handled it and won the game. Not sure what the difference was, probably just nerves. One other thing, the foul count in the second half was somewhere around 18 to 7? I know that would not have made a difference in the ball game but it would have been nice to have seen some of those calls go the other way! O well, its done and over with. Congrats to Boliver and good luck in the rest of the tournament. Congrats to LA on a great season. And for the seniors of LA, congrats on what you have been able to accomplish in four years and you will be missed on the basketball floor.

"Perhaps it was Bolivar's defense but LA's passes looked lazy and they just did a poor job taking care of the ball."

Someone said this in an earlier quote. Well, quickness and speed can make you look this way. Bolivar has mucho quickness and speed. You cant throw lazy passes across the court against a team that is quick. W. TN teams learn this well thru the season...since they're playing Bolivar type teams all year long. Also, a quick, speedy, athletic team can really cause TO's if your team is not ready for it...if they havent played against it before. The pressure that a quick, athletic team can put on you can be devastating. You have to learn how to handle it. I dont think that many middle TN, nor E. TN, teams learn how to deal with this; and when it comes tourney time, they dont adjust to it well.

Anyway, way to Tigers! Bolivar needs to get ready to take on a good Fulton team now. I hope that my alma mater can roll to the AA state championship this year. This one time Hornsby resident...who drove across the Hatchie River bottoms to get to school....is pulling for you.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe Middle Tn. boys BB is still a ways behind West Tn.?..........

You got that right! Bolivar could have beaten LA by 30+ if they wanted to. LA did have a couple of good years, but to say they are the best in Middle TN is certainly nothing to brag about. I mean, look, if you're going to talk trash before the game, you need to be able to take it after the game and LA's loss was more than disappointing.