Bolivar (26-3) vs. Livingston Acad. (32-2)

I believe Bolivar??™s overall team speed, depth, and their in your grill, relentless defense will prove to be too much for Livingston Academy in the end. Bolivar??™s defense causes a lot of chaos and confusion. LA??™s team discipline will be tested in this game unlike any other game they??™ve played this year. Plus, I believe the state playoff experience both teams got last year should make for a fast and furious start. Congratulations to both teams for making it to state and GO TIGERS!

"OOOOO OOOOO OOOOO B-TOWN TIGERS!"

I've seen this Bolivar team and I really think that this will be a third gold ball that they will put in the case. Jay Murphy and Ricky are good guards to go along with some size up front that includes Cris Reaves. This team has all the tools to win the double a state crown. Go Bolivar.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen this Bolivar team and I really think that this will be a third gold ball that they will put in the case. Jay Murphy and Ricky are good guards to go along with some size up front that includes Cris Reaves. This team has all the tools to win the double a state crown. Go Bolivar.

Pretty confident 'lakecounty'. I believe before I give Bolivar the Gold Ball you might need to get past LA first. I believe it will be harder than you think.

They will make Quick Work of them scrubs From Livingston. I believe that Livingston will be going home after that game. I really believe it

Have you saw LA play or just going your best guess. "Scrubs"? I think that is what Manassas and your buddy Legend made of you! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

See you in the boro!

GO LA!!

They will make Quick Work of them scrubs From Livingston. I believe that Livingston will be going home after that game. I really believe it

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If they do it will be the first time that's happened this year. I don't think Bolivar can shoot the ball as well as Fulton did last year. We'll see Wednesday.

And let me say it before someone else says it......."there's a first time for everything".

I'm also wondering how good of a half court game does Bolivar play ? B/c I'm sure they score a lot of points out of transition. Also can they shoot FT's. The closer the game the best teams win it from the FT line. Just guessing ... I believe Bolivar will shoot a lot of bricks from the line. Most teams that run and gun can't for some reason make a FT.

I'd almost wager Mr. Butts is a LA fan trying to stir up the fan base. Good tactic.

Don't you mean "stur"?!?/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I looked in up in the latest edition of "Spelling With Mr. Butts"!!

Some of the stronger teams we play are offset by the weakness of others. No doubt that LA played a tough schedule, but it's not like Bolivar is playing against weak competition all year. Maybe LA is worn down from a tough season. Who knows? Also, I believe most level-headed fans don't put much faith into rankings, especially at the high school level.

I'd almost wager Mr. Butts is a LA fan trying to stir up the fan base. Good tactic.

Sounds like your everyday "We have poor schedule strength," excuse to me. You did a good job at wording it a little different here and there, though. I'll give you credit for that. LA has played a tough schedule and trust me, they aren't worn down after their season. I don't think anyone with a brain could think that a team that makes it to the 'boro is worn down. Everybody gains some extra energy from somewhere once you get to Murfreesboro.

In the future, just don't disguise excuses like you tried to do...just own up to them. LET'S GO LA!!!

LEAVE NO DOUBT!!!

Sincerely,

Wildcat324

Without a doubt the most un-intelligent post I have seen since I became a CoachT member. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Some of the stronger teams we play are offset by the weakness of others. No doubt that LA played a tough schedule, but it's not like Bolivar is playing against weak competition all year. Maybe LA is worn down from a tough season. Who knows? Also, I believe most level-headed fans don't put much faith into rankings, especially at the high school level.

I looked at your schedule and I didn't see many teams, maybe 2 or 3 that that I would consider strong. And with the exception of 3 or 4 teams in our district the rest of our games came against some of the best teams in the state.

As for Mr. Butts....I have this strange feeling that "Tennisgirl' or is it guy may have came out of retirement. I don't know if LA fans remember him from the 06 season when Goodpasture beat us in the first game of the Region. Cates-Monday-Ruble were all seniors and Dunn was a freshman.

Bolivar roster, these are the guys that will play??¦for sure. All play REALLY good defense to. Bolivar likes to run a form of the DDM offense and plays in your face on the defensive end. This will be Rick Rudesill??™s 6th trip to the State Tournament in a little over 10 seasons. Also has made it to substate and fell short at least twice that I know of. Won Back to Back State Championships 2004/2005 2005/2006.

Jay Murphy 5??™9 one of the top PG is the state and only a junior. Somebody asked about ft shooting??¦.better not put this kid on the line because he knocks them down at a high percentage. A great floor general. Like a coach on the floor.

Ricky Tisdale 5??™7/5??™8 SG undersized but QUICK!!!!!!!! And is a natural scorer??¦has had some big games against some very good teams over his career. Tisdale is also a junior. Whoever has to guard Tisdale has there work cut out for them.

Jonathan Hodge 5??™9/5??™10 do everything type player. One of the headiest players around. Rarely makes a mistake. Can consistently drain the three from deep and always seems to be in the right place at the right time when a big play is needed (rebound, steal ect)

Chris Reaves legit 6??™5 Sr Wing that can score in a variety of ways including shooting the three. Was all state as a junior and has signed to play for Austin Peay.

Des Crisp 6??™3/6??™4 Sr Wing that is a TRUE scorer. Late bloomer. Crisp led the team in scoring this season and if he had another year in high school would most likely be a mid major talent??¦.for all I know he may be anyway.

Mitch Ross legit 6??™5 Sr C ultimate hustle guy. Not the most skilled BB player but will get his share of rebounds and plays solid defense. This kid will leave everything on the court. Signed to play FB with one of the Ivy League schools (forgot which one).

Demetrious Whitehorn 6??™4 So I think this kid has more upside than anybody on the entire team. Has a chance to be special. It??™s all up to him to maximize his potential.

Bolivar also has a couple of more kids that will play but this is the key players in my opinion. The have a great backcourt, good size up front, athletic, can shoot the three, slash, rebound, and plays great defense. I??™m pretty sure Chase Dunn and some of the Bolivar kids are familiar with one another from the AAU scene??¦and most likely played together with the Nashville Celtics. I know Murphy and Reaves both played for the Celtics.

Bolivar has all the ingredients to make a run. Will they? I don??™t know because AA is wide open this season. No one clearly has a team that is head and shoulders above everybody else

This game is a tossup. Both are good. Good Luck to both teams. For those that question Bolivar??™s discipline (and I have read that to) I would just say that would be a mistake of monumental proportions. This team is good and as well coached as any team in the State Tournement. Bolivar has beaten a VERY GOOD AAA Liberty team twice this season and I can assure anybody they are more than capable of winning it all. Not saying they will??¦but, can they? ABSOLUTLEY.

Bolivar roster, these are the guys that will play??¦for sure. All play REALLY good defense to. Bolivar likes to run a form of the DDM offense and plays in your face on the defensive end. This will be Rick Rudesill??™s 6th trip to the State Tournament in a little over 10 seasons. Also has made it to substate and fell short at least twice that I know of. Won Back to Back State Championships 2004/2005 2005/2006.

Jay Murphy 5??™9 one of the top PG is the state and only a junior. Somebody asked about ft shooting??¦.better not put this kid on the line because he knocks them down at a high percentage. A great floor general. Like a coach on the floor.

Ricky Tisdale 5??™7/5??™8 SG undersized but QUICK!!!!!!!! And is a natural scorer??¦has had some big games against some very good teams over his career. Tisdale is also a junior. Whoever has to guard Tisdale has there work cut out for them.

Jonathan Hodge 5??™9/5??™10 do everything type player. One of the headiest players around. Rarely makes a mistake. Can consistently drain the three from deep and always seems to be in the right place at the right time when a big play is needed (rebound, steal ect)

Chris Reaves legit 6??™5 Sr Wing that can score in a variety of ways including shooting the three. Was all state as a junior and has signed to play for Austin Peay.

Des Crisp 6??™3/6??™4 Sr Wing that is a TRUE scorer. Late bloomer. Crisp led the team in scoring this season and if he had another year in high school would most likely be a mid major talent??¦.for all I know he may be anyway.

Mitch Ross legit 6??™5 Sr C ultimate hustle guy. Not the most skilled BB player but will get his share of rebounds and plays solid defense. This kid will leave everything on the court. Signed to play FB with one of the Ivy League schools (forgot which one).

Demetrious Whitehorn 6??™4 So I think this kid has more upside than anybody on the entire team. Has a chance to be special. It??™s all up to him to maximize his potential.

Bolivar also has a couple of more kids that will play but this is the key players in my opinion. The have a great backcourt, good size up front, athletic, can shoot the three, slash, rebound, and plays great defense. I??™m pretty sure Chase Dunn and some of the Bolivar kids are familiar with one another from the AAU scene??¦and most likely played together with the Nashville Celtics. I know Murphy and Reaves both played for the Celtics.

Bolivar has all the ingredients to make a run. Will they? I don??™t know because AA is wide open this season. No one clearly has a team that is head and shoulders above everybody else

This game is a tossup. Both are good. Good Luck to both teams. For those that question Bolivar??™s discipline (and I have read that to) I would just say that would be a mistake of monumental proportions. This team is good and as well coached as any team in the State Tournement. Bolivar has beaten a VERY GOOD AAA Liberty team twice this season and I can assure anybody they are more than capable of winning it all. Not saying they will??¦but, can they? ABSOLUTLEY.

Are you sure that your not the SID at Bolivar High. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Great description of the Bolivar Central Tigers ball team. Believe me I'm well aware of the talent they have every year. And 10 years ago we probably couldn't have stayed on the floor with a team like Bolivar. But we have closed the gap considerably with the playing of AAU. Our kids face players like Bolivar all year long now, when used to we didn't see that type of player till we got to the state. What I guess I'm trying to say is that we are no longer the inferior team like we were when I played some 30 years ago.