BTW (27-2) vs Carter (21-11)

Icy

76-68 BTW.... Final..

Thank you, bledsoe!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Geez!! Those radio announcers seemed to FORGET that people are LISTENING to them, not looking....

By the way, one of the announcers came back after the timeout and commented that he did not write-down the final score!

Unbelieveable!

Thankfully, the other announcer FINALLY, finally, finally came back with the final score....right at the moment they signed off the air!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW isn't my team either....no team for me in it this year.....just pulling for ALL the teams in the west.

and im pulling for all east cuz i played in the east a few years ago and we got put outta the state in AAA by west plus the west is cocky haha.

goodluck to yall tho, but im feeling a east domination this year. lol

Btw comes out on top, but to be honest they would finish 3rd or 4th in the district over on the east tennessee side in Carters District and prob be the 5th best AA team if they played in the east.

BTW did not impress me at all. probably the 7th best team Carter played all year...

Good luck BTW and good game.

Basketball2223,

Please EXPLAIN your logic....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1) For starters, who would be the BEST team in the district, that you spoke of.....?

2) Name the 2 or 3 teams that are better in East TN District, since you say "BTW would finish 3rd or 4th"

3) Name the 4 teams in AA that are better, since you say "BTW would be the 5th best... east"

4) Name the 6 teams that are better, since you say BTW would "probably ... 7th best team Carter played all year."

Btw comes out on top, but to be honest they would finish 3rd or 4th in the district over on the east tennessee side in Carters District and prob be the 5th best AA team if they played in the east.

BTW did not impress me at all. probably the 7th best team Carter played all year...

Good luck BTW and good game.

No worries Carter is really young with two freshman and two sophomores they will be back.

How does that make Carter look? Not very good IMO considering they just got beat by BTW.

Basketball2223,

1) For starters, who would be the BEST team in the district, that you spoke of.....?

2) Name the 2 or 3 teams that are better in East TN District, since you say "BTW would finish 3rd or 4th"

3) Name the 4 teams in AA that are better, since you say "BTW would be the 5th best... east"

4) Name the 6 teams that are better, since you say BTW would "probably ... 7th best team Carter played all year."

if they struggld wit carter for the most part then i wud say 2nd or 3rd best behind ae n fulton bt it depends on who shows up on which nite

Basketball2223,

1) best team in the district- Fulton or AE (who carter got lucky and beat the number 1 team in the state that being ae)

2) Fulton, Austin East, Anderson County, and Carter (BTW beat Carter, so i say BTW third or fourth)

3) Fulton, AE, Carter and btw are about equal it would go diff. every other night. and Union County would give them all the wanted as well. Then Anderson County didnt finish well, but they are a good team. then i forgot about Grangier with one of the best gaurds around. so thats 6 teams possibly in AA from the east.

4) fulton, ae, Bearden (AAA soon to be state champs), central, oak ridge, Grangier, Union County, Karns (maybe), and Anderson County (maybe)

Not trying to make anybody mad, but i am just calling it how i see it... i have nothing against BTW i wish them the best of luck, but this is as honest as i can be.

1) best team in the district- Fulton or AE (who carter got lucky and beat the number 1 team in the state that being ae)

2) Fulton, Austin East, Anderson County, and Carter (BTW beat Carter, so i say BTW third or fourth)

3) Fulton, AE, Carter and btw are about equal it would go diff. every other night. and Union County would give them all the wanted as well. Then Anderson County didnt finish well, but they are a good team.

4) fulton, ae, Bearden (AAA soon to be state champs), central, oak ridge, Union County, Karns (maybe), and Anderson County (maybe)

Not trying to make anybody mad, but i am just calling it how i see it... i have nothing against BTW i wish them the best of luck, but this is as honest as i can be.

Grainger lost badly to Carter once , but also beat them 71-53 once. Grainger also beat Union (twice), Anderson County, and Central. They didn't finish well, but the flu bug cost them in the regionals.

3) Fulton, AE, Carter and btw are about equal it would go diff. every other night. and Union County would give them all the wanted as well. Then Anderson County didnt finish well, but they are a good team. then i forgot about Grangier with one of the best gaurds around. so thats 6 teams possibly in AA from the east.

4) fulton, ae, Bearden (AAA soon to be state champs), central, oak ridge, Grangier, Union County, Karns (maybe), and Anderson County (maybe)

BB2223,

Let me say up front-- I ain't mad; it ain't even that sort of an issue. I actually appreciate and respect your opinion.

Now....I have no comment about the AAA schools that you mentioned (that's a whole 'nother debate).

------------------------------------------------

As for all the AA schools that, in your view, are BETTER than BTW....Your logic is fatally flawed!

Here's why:

1) Carter defeated ALL of those teams, except Fulton.

2) Every single one of those teams are ELIMINATED, sitting at home--their season is over.

3) BTW is still playing for a State Championship.

4) BTW just defeated Carter, head-to-head.

5) Given the above truths, there is only one rational and logical conclusion that any unbiased person could draw is....

6) ...BTW is more than likely BETTER than all the AA teams you mentioned.....

7) The "jury" is still out, on Fulton vs BTW...

----------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day, BTW has accomplished the one simple, most important thing that all Tournament teams MUST do: survive and advanced! Just survive and advance.....

For the record: I stated a month or so ago (on this CoachT site) that, in my observtion....... BTW is a "Bona Fide threat to win the State Title!" ........ I stand firmly stand by that conclusion.

We shall see how this thing plays out....

-------------------------------------------------------

Go BTW...................... 1 down. 2 more to go....