Region 7AA in '09-'10

13aafanatic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you feel any different if it were OC and Pate being state champs? I wonder..... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Get over yourself.

I am quite over myself.

The Pate transfer came about as a direct result of the Reedy transfer which occurred a half a year earlier by the way for those who don't know

Pate was in line for an expanded role on the 08-09 Lady Pioneers, Reedy moves to Gibson County for 100% basketball reasons (which is illegal by TSSAA bylaws by the way for those who don't know), and Pate is relegated to a minute or two per game.

So Pate moves to Obion Co. and takes on the role that she had taken away from her by an illegal transfer

hardly say I can blame her and you comparing the two is laughable, even more laughable than that is this is how you have justified it to yourself when they weren't simultaneous

Ask your AD why Reedy left OC...

good, at least one GC fan admits it was for purely basketball reasons

...and so was the Pate transfer. She asked the coach at OC if she'd get playing time and he said yes. She transfers and now she's the newest addition to your OC Lady Rebs. Accept it and get over yourself.... I'm almost sure that you are either rebfan65 or VOREBS because you two have been the only ones on here complaining all year about the transfer of Reedy. GET OVER IT!!!!!!! It's a done deal and there's nothing you can do about it!

Take a look at this:

District 13AA

Gibson Co., state champions, returns 3 starters

Westview, state semifinals, returns 4 starters

Obion Central, region semifinals, returns 4 starters

Milan, region quarterfinals, returns top two scorers

Haywood, region quarterfinals

Covington, region quarterfinals

Throw in Crockett Co., Dyersburg and Ripley

District 14AA

Bolivar, state quarterfinals, returns 4 starters

McNairy Central, region semifinals

Fayette-Ware, region quarterfinals

Jackson SS, region quarterfinals

Liberty, region quarterfinals

Throw in Chester Co., JCM and Lexington

In this decade:

Five region teams have played for a state championship.

Eight region teams have played in the state tournament.

Ten region teams have played in a sectional game.

14AA is where USJ and Jackson Christian School would have been if not elected to go to Division II. The drive to Memphis for games is not looking too bad right now (and neither one of us have as many transfers as 13AA /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> )

I agree that obion, westview, and gibson are great teams and the region next year will be tough but don't count out the Bolivar Lady Tigers just yet. Just like Gibson the year before last losing at the tournament and it lit a fire in them and they win the whole thing. First state tournament experience for the bolivar girls and they are ready to get back and they have the players to get there. It will be an exciting year of basketball in 2009-2010 especially in the region.

Go Lady Tigers!!!!!!!!

Bolivar loses 1 player Sain. They are also picking up 2 good freshman that will see playing time right away. I think it will be an exciting year of basketball.

As long as they have Rudesill coaching they will be a threat...I don't how see he does it...Coaching both programs and both being at a point where they go to the state tournament....

As long as they have Rudesill coaching they will be a threat...I don't how see he does it...Coaching both programs and both being at a point where they go to the state tournament....

It's unbelievable. Coach Rudesill has the athletes, but he does a great job there.

Don't be too surprised if the Lady Tigers knock off a 13AA team in the regional semifinals next season.

I am quite over myself.

The Pate transfer came about as a direct result of the Reedy transfer which occurred a half a year earlier by the way for those who don't know

Pate was in line for an expanded role on the 08-09 Lady Pioneers, Reedy moves to Gibson County for 100% basketball reasons (which is illegal by TSSAA bylaws by the way for those who don't know), and Pate is relegated to a minute or two per game.

So Pate moves to Obion Co. and takes on the role that she had taken away from her by an illegal transfer

hardly say I can blame her and you comparing the two is laughable, even more laughable than that is this is how you have justified it to yourself when they weren't simultaneous

good, at least one GC fan admits it was for purely basketball reasons

How is the transfer illegal? Granting your accusation as true, why was the team not reprimanded for its supposed illegal actions? Being as the girls were undefeated, won the state championship and were not eliminated during the regionals (like the rebels), the spotlight was obviously centered around the lady pioneers. If the move was so cut and dry illegal, why have they not been stripped of the gold ball. The only logical explanation seems to be that those in power see the move as permissible. You seem to be a disgruntled fan. Maybe you should realize these KIDS you so adamantly demoralize are just that, KIDS! If you would like to discuss this matter further, I encourage you to contact me or any other individual close to the matter. Thanks for your less-than-insightful comments, and please do us all a favor and keep you negativity to yourself.

Congratulations Lady Pioneers on a wonderful season./smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

How is the transfer illegal? Granting your accusation as true, why was the team not reprimanded for its supposed illegal actions? Being as the girls were undefeated, won the state championship and were not eliminated during the regionals (like the rebels), the spotlight was obviously centered around the lady pioneers. If the move was so cut and dry illegal, why have they not been stripped of the gold ball. The only logical explanation seems to be that those in power see the move as permissible. You seem to be a disgruntled fan. Maybe you should realize these KIDS you so adamantly demoralize are just that, KIDS! If you would like to discuss this matter further, I encourage you to contact me or any other individual close to the matter. Thanks for your less-than-insightful comments, and please do us all a favor and keep you negativity to yourself.

Congratulations Lady Pioneers on a wonderful season./smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Very nice reply, LU_the_Eagle. Thank you. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

...and so was the Pate transfer. She asked the coach at OC if she'd get playing time and he said yes. She transfers and now she's the newest addition to your OC Lady Rebs. Accept it and get over yourself.... I'm almost sure that you are either rebfan65 or VOREBS because you two have been the only ones on here complaining all year about the transfer of Reedy. GET OVER IT!!!!!!! It's a done deal and there's nothing you can do about it!

I was informed of this post, and decided (against perhaps better judgment) to join CoachT and respond. I can assure you that the first time I spoke to the Pates was in our principal's office and no discussion of playing time was mentioned. I take your comment about her asking me ("the coach at OC) if whe would get playing time and my subsequent response as a strike against my character. I am a good many things; however, I do pride myself as being an ethical man. I do not tell kids already on our team, so it is extremely unlikely I would ever tell someone, whom I had only seen a few times at an individual camp in South Fulton a couple of years ago, that "yes" she would be getting playing time. The actual order of events went something like this: I was called into my principal's office and informed that the Pates were moving into our county; I was then informed that Katie would like to join our athletic period during the school day because she was interested in playing on our team; I questioned all involved to make sure there was a legitimate move being made and making sure that all parities must be informed and paperwork finalized before I would allow Katie to be a participant in our program; I then went to my office to make sure that your coaches there at Gibson Co. were aware of what was taking place (I did not want them to be as shocked as I was in July); finally, Katie became a welcome member of our team, made valuable contributions to our endeavors, and was well-received by both players, staff, and community members.

I will not involve myself in any accusations against the Reedy's or Gibson Co. program. I maintain respect for both. However, I will not allow others to make false accusations against me either.