Alcoa's 2009 Schedule

BCsportsfan

It's Done!!! It's Done!!! It's Done!!!!!!

But we will still have to travel 90 miles......

And why did we have to get it from a Chattnooga paper??

Howard schedules Alcoa

Fri Aug. 21 at Bell Co. (KY)

Fri Aug. 28 Maryville

Fri Sep. 4 at Loudon D

Thu Sep. 10 at Fulton MyVLT2 TV Game

Fri Sep. 18 Scott County D

Fri Sep. 25 at Howard

Fri Oct. 2 at Kingston D

Fri Oct. 16 Stone Memorial D

Fri Oct. 23 McMinn Central

Fri Oct. 30 at CAK D

Good news APB and BUTTER.......Eye'm shore hit will be werf tha trip jest two see Haired's band...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clicked on the link above to take a short break from my taxes....

that short break was good for about 2 hours.

Thanks for coming to Spring Hill to play in 07, even if it was just for half a game. When I saw Spring Hill's schedule for that year I thought it was a misprint due to travel time on your end.

Hope you can resolve the problem on being a game short, and also playing closer to home. I don't know how you (team) could afford to travel these distances very often. Here in Maury County there isn't enough funds to do anything for the schools.

I might even make a trip over your way if there was a Thursday - Friday night game.

Good luck,

Dean Johnson

atwsportscast.com

Well, Spring Hill and Alcoa both supposedly needed a tenth game badly for 2007 & '08. Spring Hill did have the return trip to Alcoa last year. It did obviously cost Spring Hill alot of money that came straight out of the football budget. They did choose to charter a bus though. Nice trip, but an ugly game. That was to be expected though. On a brighter note though Spring Hill was the only team to score on Alcoa at home during the regular season last year! I think it was a 40+ yard field goal. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Another example of Alcoa's dominance.

• 3 weeks later...
Bell wont come to alcoa next year.Alcoa is in a bowl game with them and middlesboro,next year alcoa will play middlesboro and bell will play whatever team middlesboro is playing this year
Correct , We will play Alcoa next season In the Boro while Bell County will play them this season on Log Mountain.

Kentucky schools usually open the season up with a pre-season bowl game. It counts as a regular season contest & they have a trophy & MVP awards & everything. I have been to watch one once, pretty neat deal, as a fan you get to watch 2 full 4 quarter football games. Bell Co. & Middlesboro are both good quality programs with a few state championships. I dont know if they will be any match for Alcoa but who has been in the last 5 years? At least they are stepping up to the plate to see what they really have.

There is nothing pre-season about it for KY it's the start of the regular season.

Bell County last season won the KY 4A State Championship going 15-0 , they scored 644 points (42.9) and only allowed 70 points (4.6).

I can guarantee Bell County will be the most fundamentally sound team Alcoa plays all season they are lead by Hall of Fame Coach Dudley Hilton who has over 370 career wins with 3 State Championships (91,98,08).

A Bell County team is a team that goes all out ,never quits and hit's like a ton of bricks , Bell County will be the underdog when these two teams play because of Alcoa speed but it will be a dog fight I guarantee.

And also the game is at the Bobcat Hilton which Is on Log Mountain should make for a entertaining evening for everone.

does anyone know who or if middlesboro plays a tenn team in this bowl game with bell and alcoa?
Middlesboro plays Green County (KY) Im not sure but i think M'boro plays the second game.

everybody keeps talkin bout alcoas speed,yes,they r very very fast but what most ppl might not know,is that they r very physical football team,if they can,they r gonna run it right down your throat,they will be every bit as physical as bell is,and if bell thinks they r just gonna be chasing sweeps all days,they better think again bc alcoa is addicted to inside quickhitting,hard traps,lol

everybody keeps talkin bout alcoas speed,yes,they r very very fast but what most ppl might not know,is that they r very physical football team,if they can,they r gonna run it right down your throat,they will be every bit as physical as bell is,and if bell thinks they r just gonna be chasing sweeps all days,they better think again bc alcoa is addicted to inside quickhitting,hard traps,lol
I take it cghs is for Cumberland Gap High School right?? If so come through the tunnel on the 21st and watch some real football , or better yet on down the road maybe your team can grow some balls and play M'boro someday. :roflolk:

I take it cghs is for Cumberland Gap High School right?? If so come through the tunnel on the 21st and watch some real football , or better yet on down the road maybe your team can grow some balls and play M'boro someday. :geek:

cghs72 has already watched Alcoa play...............He knows what REAL football is.

Next is to teach the log mountain bunch what REAL football is. :)

I look forward to the trip..............Pineville is beautiful country. :)