Coalfield?

hsbaseball

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They play 1-A ball. Thats like playing rec league ball. My cousin is 12 and would be all state in 1A ball. Come on you have to be kidding. oh..who is folton?

Yes, Coalfield is 1-A. There is only about 500 kids in the entire school. K-12 You have heard of them, where are you from? Fulton is a 2 or 3A school, not sure. It depends on what sport their playing. There are some really good athletes at Coalfield. Don't knock them because their a 1-A school. They just have to work 2 or 3 x's harder to get any recognition.

Yes, Coalfield is 1-A. There is only about 500 kids in the entire school. K-12 You have heard of them, where are you from? Fulton is a 2 or 3A school, not sure. It depends on what sport their playing. There are some really good athletes at Coalfield. Don't knock them because their a 1-A school. They just have to work 2 or 3 x's harder to get any recognition.

I will say, I go to Catholic so not many people which makes it hard to crank out those athletes like a farragut or bearden. The talent level is lower then a lot of the bigger schools, but you are going to knock them because of the lack of selection? Thats pathetic. What i do know is they return a pretty good shortstop in Taylor Newberry (also known as "Coalfield") Good player, just needs to get his head on right. love the kid to death

if the dudes 12 year old lil brother can make all state in 1A ball heck give that kid a glove and see wat he can do lol hahaha.. thats crap to knock a school for bein 1A yea i played double AA and then single A and i struggled more in single A then i did in Double AA.. there is talent there they return Newberry, Johnston, Key, Evans, and the Warwick ikid is playin this year which will be a HUGE help!! they have talent.. if your gonna knock a school for being small y don't you just not even look at the post!!!

They right underdog. Single A ball is alot different than AA and AAA. That's why Kids leave the bigger schools to play A. They can't handle AA and AAA so they come so smaller schools so they seem like Studs when in all reality whats it matter? It's single A. The best players play AA and AAA. Simple as that.

the only reason i went down from double AA is because my family moved to coalfield.. i have a lot of family that lives there and liked the atmosphere on friday night win i played football. i would have loved to play double AA ball my hole four years of high school.. probably would have had better stats..

wat made single A ball harder for me was seeing low 70's one day then turning right around the next day seeing mid to high 80's from a double AA school like i did with Kolinsky last season from CAK.. it makes it that much harder win you see such a speed difference in one day..

'

Oh. I see your reason for why it's harder. But playing in A you pad your stats two three times a week. You play a team that has a kid that can barely throw it over the plate. when kids go 20-23 in district play you can handle that 0-3 day against Kolinsky and still hit around .450. So I strongly doubt you woulda had better stats.

You also have to consider when A teams play AA or AAA teams very rarely do the bigger schools throw their Ace. And Everyone knows in High school most the time there is a big difference between a team's Ace and their third starter.

Oh. I see your reason for why it's harder. But playing in A you pad your stats two three times a week. You play a team that has a kid that can barely throw it over the plate. when kids go 20-23 in district play you can handle that 0-3 day against Kolinsky and still hit around .450. So I strongly doubt you woulda had better stats.

You also have to consider when A teams play AA or AAA teams very rarely do the bigger schools throw their Ace. And Everyone knows in High school most the time there is a big difference between a team's Ace and their third starter.

very true but on the other hand some bigger schools like i played against..there ace didn't pitched in a while and we saw there ace because they wanted to get them some innings and pitches under ther belt. i guess it was just our luck.. but every double AA team we played we saw ther ace or there 2 man.. so i mean it was very difficult.. but i see wat your saying...

I will say, I go to Catholic so not many people which makes it hard to crank out those athletes like a farragut or bearden. The talent level is lower then a lot of the bigger schools, but you are going to knock them because of the lack of selection? Thats pathetic. What i do know is they return a pretty good shortstop in Taylor Newberry (also known as "Coalfield") Good player, just needs to get his head on right. love the kid to death

get your red hots!!!