Who will coach Cleveland? Who are the new candidates?

auburn

Well flyhigh that is what i am looking at in the coaches.The guy from RHEA does not have near the talent the other coaches have but somehow looking back over the last 6 or 7 years they are playing for region titles and going deep into the playoffs so to me that means they know football.I will also say from what i have seen over the last few years from RHEA is there kids act like they are suppose to and they play hard every down and that is what i want to see from our team.With that being said and the choices we have made in our last few head coaches they will mess this up also and you will continue to have success at RHEA and we will continue the fight to make it past the first round of the playoffs.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'VE NOT MADE A POST SINCE CLEVELAND DID NOT HIRE BENNY MONROE 4 YEARS AGO, FOR GOD SAKES HIS

FREAKING NAME RESIDES ABOVE THE STADIUM. I PLAYED THERE FROM 1991-1994, THE GLORY YEARS. I'VE NOT BEEN TO A GAME SINCE THEY HIRED THE IDIOT OVER HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE. AND THERE IS NO DOUBT, I WILL ONLY BE AT ONE NEXT YEAR WEEK 9 WHEN THE BIG RED OWLS FLOG THE RAIDERS. THEY BETTER GET THE GUY WHO RUNS THE SCOREBOARD SOME FLEX-ALL FOR HIS HANDS. BENNY WILL NOT LET OFF THE GAS. CLEVELAND FOOTBALL IS REAPING WHAT THEIR STUPID ADMINISTRATION HAS SEWN. THEY HAVE TAKEN A STATE POWER AND BROUGHT IT TO ITS KNEES, CONGRATULATIONS YOU BUNCH OF FREAKING IDIOTS. I FEEL BETTER NOW! i BELIEVE PHISH KNOWS WHAT I MEAN!

I think deep down that any 'old school' Cleveland Blue Raider Football Fan would agree with this post.

Coach Raider, I hope to see you at the game: Ooltewah at Cleveland, Friday, October 23, Benny Monroe Stadium.

Is this irony or an oxymoron?: Coach Benny Monroe (Owls) coaching as a visitor at his own stadium. This has to be a first.............?

Does Cleveland have anyone on the roster that can block Jaques Smith?

Good coach but like Cobble has had all the talent in the world over the last 6 or 7 years and should have a couple of state rings but for some reason just cant get it done.I am going with the guy from RHEA lets just hope the person doing the hiring for once makes the right choice.

raiderpride, as someone who has been observing the high school landscape in east tennessee over the past few years I think you missing somethings Rhea County is known for having some of the best talent in the area. While their talent is not the flashy wide reciever etc. their OL has been loaded and their skill players have been above average. As for Red Bank, other than the down year they had this past season, there was only one team that stopped them...do we have to get into why Maryville could beat anyone in the southeast US? I dont think Red Bank's lack of titles makes a diff.

raiderpride, as someone who has been observing the high school landscape in east tennessee over the past few years I think you missing somethings Rhea County is known for having some of the best talent in the area. While their talent is not the flashy wide reciever etc. their OL has been loaded and their skill players have been above average. As for Red Bank, other than the down year they had this past season, there was only one team that stopped them...do we have to get into why Maryville could beat anyone in the southeast US? I dont think Red Bank's lack of titles makes a diff.

Good post and I agree. We've lost some heartbreakers to the Lions over the past several seasons. It seems like every time we just find a way to lose. Except for this past season that is. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

As for the talent level of Raahea County, we've had 3 O-linemen go D1 in the past 2 years. And a couple of REAL football players who are just fun to watch in Moffet, Brown, Sharp, McKinnon, Pritchett, Wilson, etc. over the past several years. It's safe to say most Golden Eagle fans feel that we've underachieved up until the past season. This could be attributed to players adjusting the different coaching staffs over that period of time I suppose.

On another note, I've heard from several close to the program and even heard that a coach was worried about a coming drop off in talent over the next 2 or so years. Maybe that could be a factor in Coach Cameron's decision making if he is indeed offered the job. Who knows? This is all just internet speculation. He may not even be in the running.

Raider":1821gtjf]

On a side note, Coach Wilson ended speculations over the weekend and made it official that he is returning to South Pittsburg as the Head Coach of the Girls Basketball Team and an Assistant Coach for the Football Team.

Man, are we sure Coach wasn't forced out? or did he lie to us about giving it all up?

As for the talent level of Raahea County, we've had 3 O-linemen go D1 in the past 2 years. And a couple of REAL football players who are just fun to watch in Moffet, Brown, Sharp, McKinnon, Pritchett, Wilson, etc. over the past several years. It's safe to say most Golden Eagle fans feel that we've underachieved up until the past season. This could be attributed to players adjusting the different coaching staffs over that period of time I suppose.

On another note, I've heard from several close to the program and even heard that a coach was worried about a coming drop off in talent over the next 2 or so years. Maybe that could be a factor in Coach Cameron's decision making if he is indeed offered the job. Who knows? This is all just internet speculation. He may not even be in the running.

I will echo these same thoughts. I believe it was just a period adjusting from Hammontree's style to Fitz's style. We had some really good talent, but it was just the wrong time. It did finally showed what these coaches can do this past year. In talking to the coaches this week, I don't see any of them leaving including Coach Cameron. All the coaches are working on new stuff for spring and later on. To me it would not feel right not having Coach Cameron with Fitz, Hampton, and Davis. All four of these coaches have really good chemistry together. Also the way the coaches have talked, I believe none of them are leaving anytime soon.

There is going to be a talent drop off starting this year offensively. The defense is not going to drop off talent wise until next year. Now there is a bright spot coming in with the freshmen.There are some really talented freshmen coming in like Jacob Revis (Kevin's little brother), Desmond Sharp(Julian Sharp's little brother, who I hear is faster than Julian),Jeremy Moffett (Jacob Moffett's youngest brother), and there is a couple other good looking linemen and skill players that will be coming in. Talent wise after this senior class maybe down for a year or two, but with the talent in 9th and 8th grade. I see a solid future for the eagles. Also every school goes through years when talent is a little down and the eagles are about to be there for a year or two. However after that they should be fine.

Man, are we sure Coach wasn't forced out? or did he lie to us about giving it all up?

I believe that Coach Wilson resigned himself. It stated in the TimesFreePress that Girl's Basketball is very close to his heart, even more than football. I believe that his heart was just not into coaching football anymore and he resigned to do what is best for the team. I just wish he would have done it right after football season. Wilson definately knew about the South Pittsburg opening and was definately ready to jump ships at the idea of returning to the place where he started coaching and won 2 State Championships.

Raider":yw2dtyru]

I believe that Coach Wilson resigned himself. It stated in the TimesFreePress that Girl's Basketball is very close to his heart, even more than football. I believe that his heart was just not into coaching football anymore and he resigned to do what is best for the team. I just wish he would have done it right after football season. Wilson definately knew about the South Pittsburg opening and was definately ready to jump ships at the idea of returning to the place where he started coaching and won 2 State Championships.

Well I wish him the best of luck!! His timing could have been a little better, but we just have to deal wit the card we've been dealt..GO RAIDERS!!

I will echo these same thoughts. I believe it was just a period adjusting from Hammontree's style to Fitz's style. We had some really good talent, but it was just the wrong time. It did finally showed what these coaches can do this past year. In talking to the coaches this week, I don't see any of them leaving including Coach Cameron. All the coaches are working on new stuff for spring and later on. To me it would not feel right not having Coach Cameron with Fitz, Hampton, and Davis. All four of these coaches have really good chemistry together. Also the way the coaches have talked, I believe none of them are leaving anytime soon.

There is going to be a talent drop off starting this year offensively. The defense is not going to drop off talent wise until next year. Now there is a bright spot coming in with the freshmen.There are some really talented freshmen coming in like Jacob Revis (Kevin's little brother), Desmond Sharp(Julian Sharp's little brother, who I hear is faster than Julian),Jeremy Moffett (Jacob Moffett's youngest brother), and there is a couple other good looking linemen and skill players that will be coming in. Talent wise after this senior class maybe down for a year or two, but with the talent in 9th and 8th grade. I see a solid future for the eagles. Also every school goes through years when talent is a little down and the eagles are about to be there for a year or two. However after that they should be fine.

This may come as a shocker but its possible they may not tell you everything. If Cameron is talking to the blue raiders the coaches would want it under wraps....so I still wouldnt be surprised. Just my 2 cents.

Are the 'rumors' true that y'all interviewed and are considering Ron Crawford from Brentwood? If so he would be a BETTER pick than Rankin. Better Coach and better all around personality also. Also he actually cares MORE about the kids and their grades and WILL talk to scouts from colleges.

From a selfesh stance I hope y'all do NOT hire him as I would LOVE to see him back at R'dale one day SOON!