Who will coach Cleveland? Who are the new candidates?

auburn

hummm, they could loose some kids to other schools if they don't get someone in soon

I feel very bad for the Cleveland football players. They have a solid, hard-working junior and senior class with many starters on both sides of the ball.... that being the case most of them are bound to Cleveland and can't transfer. Cleveland could very well lose young players to other schools if something doesn't happen quick. I honestly feel bad for the Cleveland upperclassmen, because obviously Coach Wilson made his decision for the benefit for himself and had no consideration for the players that put alot of time in under his program. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Cleveland is probably looking for an established...household name, but Coach Cook from Rhea County is a name that I am suprised has not shown up on coaching searches! He is younger, energetic and would be a great fit for Cleveland. Maybe, mr. Greene should look him up. One day someone will give him a job and they will not regret it! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I know that Cleveland is probably looking for an established...household name, but Coach Cook from Rhea County is a name that I am suprised has not shown up on coaching searches! He is younger, energetic and would be a great fit for Cleveland. Maybe, mr. Greene should look him up. One day someone will give him a job and they will not regret it! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Are you kidding? Literally laughed out loud when I read this. I've heard good things about Cook too, but I doubt Cleveland is going to hire a middle school coach. I doubt they're that desperate.

Are you kidding? Literally laughed out loud when I read this. I've heard good things about Cook too, but I doubt Cleveland is going to hire a middle school coach. I doubt they're that desperate.

REALLY...you must be a dayton native /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

hopefully some of you will get the joke /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well maybe if he leaves we can get you up there to show us how it is done.For the record i hope he stays.

Ha. I have no desire to coach those young 'uns. I put my time in between those walls in high school and also time in college.

Coach Cook is a great coach. Yes, prior to this year he only coached middle school; but look at what he did with what he had. How many SVC titles did he win with Caldwell and Hawkins as his coaches? I don't believe that Mr. Cook would want the job at either high school. He said a few years ago in a conversation that (at the time) he didn't have the desire to be a head coach at the high school level.

REALLY...you must be a dayton native /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

hopefully some of you will get the joke /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The "Are you kidding?" part of my post was kinda asking if you were joking. I would not be surprised to see someone from the northern end of the county post that. I've heard a few of them swear up and down that if Caldwell was our DC other teams would never score on us. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The "Are you kidding?" part of my post was kinda asking if you were joking. I would not be surprised to see someone from the northern end of the county post that. I've heard a few of them swear up and down that if Caldwell was our DC other teams would never score on us. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't know about that kind of steel curtain being put up if Caldwell was the DC. It is pretty common knowledge that Caldwell coached as DC for Cook, and in return, Cook was the asst at for the high school baseball team. All this aside, if practice started at 3, shouldn't the almighty RheaCo be getting off the field with a report on practice and the status of Rhea's HC and OC?

let me know whenever they start giving rings out for quarterfinal appearances...I think most RC fans are just sick of everything ending with Maryville...

They can join the club then. KL says, Maryville usually ends about 5 teams season each year. RC is not alone in this category. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They can join the club then. KL says, Maryville usually ends about 5 teams season each year. RC is not alone in this category. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I heard they weren't really interested in Fitzgerald. At this time, they may be desperate for him. A source said they were trying real hard on getting a certain coach, but he might not take it. They say the offer is good, but is this coach willing to go? The Raider country is rattling. Who will it be?

I heard they weren't really interested in Fitzgerald. At this time, they may be desperate for him. A source said they were trying real hard on getting a certain coach, but he might not take it. They say the offer is good, but is this coach willing to go? The Raider country is rattling. Who will it be?

It's already happened 3 times. Gary Rankin, Benny Monroe, and now Ron Crawford. Who is this certain coach you speak of?

I don't know about that kind of steel curtain being put up if Caldwell was the DC. It is pretty common knowledge that Caldwell coached as DC for Cook, and in return, Cook was the asst at for the high school baseball team. All this aside, if practice started at 3, shouldn't the almighty RheaCo be getting off the field with a report on practice and the status of Rhea's HC and OC?

Well I wouldn't call myself almighty /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> but today's practice report is up on the Rhea County topic.