TSSAA Class A State Championship Game

MrTSSAA

Not even close, but when you already have one tech as a player you can't put yourself in the situation that might get another. ANyway Temple went man 2 man after that and Manassas shot lay-ups the rest of the game.

What's "not even close"? I was just reporting what was said earlier (except the part about him being an impressive player; I saw that for myself earlier in the week.) 'Scuse me if some of it offends you.

Yikes

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's "not even close"? I was just reporting what was said earlier (except the part about him being an impressive player; I saw that for myself earlier in the week.) 'Scuse me if some of it offends you.

Yikes

I wonder how many other technicals were called on players during the tournament.

He swung out his arms and the second tech was after he made the shot hr swung his arm out again. Niether worth a technical foul.

You either drive way too fast or they have moved Memphis 200 miles closer to the Boro. I hope it is choice number one.

He swung out his arms and the second tech was after he made the shot hr swung his arm out again. Niether worth a technical foul.

It looked to me on t.v. that they could have got him for a couple more techs for throwing elbows and pushing on the Temple players after he would score. Just my opinion thought.

And does anyone know why or how Buckner got to stay on the bench after he was ejected? I thought once u get ejected you had to go straight to the locker room.

The announcement said he was disqualified from the game. Nothing was said about an ejection. Apparently there is a difference between the two.

Temple did not go man to man. When Reginald was taken out of the game Manassas spread the floor and started running the clock down.

It looked to me on t.v. that they could have got him for a couple more techs for throwing elbows and pushing on the Temple players after he would score.

Not to mention spitting on one of our players...

The Chattanooga TV news had a clear shot of what caused one of the technicals and swinging those arms was deserving of a T. Give credit to Manassas for being a team and going on to win big without him.

Is there a link to this video--would love to see it so I can form my own opinion so that I can comment on this .

Earlier on this thread, the word was that he was "throwing elbows." He apparently did it once and was warned, then continued the same behavior. Opinion seems to be mixed as to whether or not it was a technical worthy offense.

With all the reportedly bad behavior, I am surprised he got Mr. Basketball, but I guess that decision is based on more than the tournament performance. He is clearly an impressive player.

I may be mistaken but the Mr. Basketball is determined before the tournament even starts. It is lucky for Buckner that class and character are not part of the qualifications...