TSSAA Class A State Championship Game

MrTSSAA

Buckner deserved everything he got...I have seen this kid play 4 times and it's not isolated incidents...It's every time I have seen him play.....He's OK until an opposing player has the gall to get physical with him...He had taken a shot at the back of #54's head early in the game..The two techs were for swinging his arms at players and slamming the ball to the court on the last one...The kid had an eventful week don't you think??...I wonder how many of the people that voted for him for him for Mr Basketball wanted to take their vote back after the way he acted??..I'll tell you this...He acts that way against the players he will play against next season and he will come away from the game with his jaw wired shut because someone will break it for him with their elbow....He is an extremely gifted athlete but has a p_ _ _ poor attitude.....

As for the game....That was probably as pitiful a championship game as I have ever seen...I've been up there many, many times and I just don't remember a game being any worse....Temple should have just stayed home...I've never seen a team so out of sync...I don't know if it was intimidation or what....I'm sure if there were any Humboldt fans watching they were wondering why that Manasass team didn't show up last Wednesday...I have never seen a Temple team look so inept....

As for comparison for some folks in our area used to 14A action....I can say with confidence that had Union City or Lake County been in this tourney they would have been the 3rd best team there....

key statement when someone gets physical with him! well...why are other player allowed to get physical with him? the refs always allow people to push him around. run under him when he jump! but qhen he starts to get physical its a problem! lol! 2nd why did the refs allow #2 from UC to stomp #5 sean kearney in the head last year in the state title game? he was not tossed! those refs missed other calls because all three was watching Buckner! they wanted to toss him and they did it! It didn't work MANASSAS still won the game!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok well maybe I need to choose my words more carefully. I said he needed to mature. I remember the same things happening to Kirk Haston when he was at Perry County, howevewr he never acted like Buckner did. Maybe that is the difference in them as I always felt that Haston was mentally weak because there were times when I saw him literally cry during a game because of being called for fouls and all the "junk" going on around him. Maybe being tough and acting the way he acts, maybe he becomes a better college player than Haston.

You guys are right. Buckner is the greatest player to every come out of the great state of Tennessee. He does nothing wrong during or after the game. The ref's pick on him (I dont guess anybody saw him pick up his 5th foul that wasn't called halfway thru the 4th quarter in the game against HB where he pretty much gave a HB player a bear hug while he was trying to shoot a lay-up ). The other players are out to get him because they are jealous of his God given talent. He will only play one year at Ole' Miss because he will go first round of the 2010 NBA draft. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

He is a good player and great shot blocker but needs mature. Once you get a tech for elbowing someone you have to know that you can't do anything that MIGHT would get you another tech. Bottom line. He could have very easily been arrested for assult on Wed. and not even been able to play in the final 2 games. Hopefully he will learn this before someone in the SEC decides to really show him how to get physical...

You guys are right. Buckner is the greatest player to every come out of the great state of Tennessee. He does nothing wrong during or after the game. The ref's pick on him (I dont guess anybody saw him pick up his 5th foul that wasn't called halfway thru the 4th quarter in the game against HB where he pretty much gave a HB player a bear hug while he was trying to shoot a lay-up ). The other players are out to get him because they are jealous of his God given talent. He will only play one year at Ole' Miss because he will go first round of the 2010 NBA draft. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

He is a good player and great shot blocker but needs mature. Once you get a tech for elbowing someone you have to know that you can't do anything that MIGHT would get you another tech. Bottom line. He could have very easily been arrested for assult on Wed. and not even been able to play in the final 2 games. Hopefully he will learn this before someone in the SEC decides to really show him how to get physical...

I never said he was the greatest, never said he does nothing wrong......fouls should have been called on those plays. I saw a kid get clocked from DC at GC this year shooting a 3 that should have been ejected immediately....he wasn't and it was waaaaay worse than what Buckner did. I remember years ago when I played getting my jaw knocked out of place by a girl....no call. Heck maybe our refs are so crappy over here in the west that we are used to seeing play that gets rough /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> The majority of the games we play during the season are rougher than that one.From reading the comments I just thought it was ALOT worse than what I saw.....which was on tape, which does not show every second. As for the SEC.....THEY ARE way more physical than hs ball. Wish him and ALL the other kids going to play at the college level the best of luck!

I really don't think that you can read. From the article it says that the girl push #23 in the back and another player was seen throwing a fist at her. It did not say anything about Reginald doing anything. Read first then comment

I tried to tell yall that the entire story was a lie and the Humboldt people made it up!

Manassas players and Humboldt fans in altercation following game

Gannett Tennessee

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

An altercation took place in the Murphy Center following Humboldt's game with Manassas that local police broke up, according to TSSAA assistant executive director Bernard Childress.

STORY TOOLS

Childress said no one was arrested and no one has been suspended from the tournament.

Childress said he spoke with the police officer, who investigated the incident. He was told by the officer that a Humboldt fan pushed a Manassas player exiting the arena.

The unidentified Manassas player swung and hit a teenage, female Humboldt fan, Childress said.

Police could not determine the player involved, Childress said.

Humboldt coach Thomas Boykin said it was Manassas 6-foot-8 star and Ole Miss signee Reginald Buckner - a Mr. Basketball finalist - that hit the Humboldt fan.

He said Manassas' Marcus Holloway, who hit the game-winning 3-pointer with three seconds remaining, also got involved after Buckner.

???Buckner hit one of our girls in the head,??? Boykin said, adding he didn't know many details of the incident. He said no Humboldt players were involved. Boykin said the girl said she didn't shove a Manassas player.

However, Boykin's statement contradicts what he told police investigating the incident. Childress said the officer investigating the incident was told by Boykin that Buckner was not involved and wouldn't say who was involved.

Boykin later said he never was questioned by an officer. However, that officer identified Boykin in the crowd during one of the Class AA quarterfinal contests as the person questioned.

Manassas coach Gerald Harris said his players were not involved in the incident.

???I don't really know,??? Harris said. ???Humboldt fans were upset. There were no players involved. I don't know what went on.

???We just got our team on out of there and came back to the hotel. As far as I know no players were involved.

BUCKNER'S FAMILY SHOULD LOOK INTO A LAWSUIT AGAINST COACH BOYKINS

Buckner deserved everything he got...I have seen this kid play 4 times and it's not isolated incidents...It's every time I have seen him play.....He's OK until an opposing player has the gall to get physical with him...He had taken a shot at the back of #54's head early in the game..The two techs were for swinging his arms at players and slamming the ball to the court on the last one...The kid had an eventful week don't you think??...I wonder how many of the people that voted for him for him for Mr Basketball wanted to take their vote back after the way he acted??..I'll tell you this...He acts that way against the players he will play against next season and he will come away from the game with his jaw wired shut because someone will break it for him with their elbow....He is an extremely gifted athlete but has a p_ _ _ poor attitude.....

As for the game....That was probably as pitiful a championship game as I have ever seen...I've been up there many, many times and I just don't remember a game being any worse....Temple should have just stayed home...I've never seen a team so out of sync...I don't know if it was intimidation or what....I'm sure if there were any Humboldt fans watching they were wondering why that Manasass team didn't show up last Wednesday...I have never seen a Temple team look so inept....

As for comparison for some folks in our area used to 14A action....I can say with confidence that had Union City or Lake County been in this tourney they would have been the 3rd best team there....

I said the same thing earlier that probably Lake Co..Union City or Scotts Hill was better than those teams..Temple fans didn't like me getting on to their posts..Maybe they should have a draw for the region winners and runnersup..Union City,Humboldt and Manassas has kept Lake Co out odf the State but I believe they would have given a better performance on a neutral court..

I believe all those teams would have finished behind Humboldt..Lake Co..Union City..So the best would have been 4th..I said it would probably be at least 10 if Sexton had a good game..20 if he didn't..Surely didn't think it would be that bad with Buckner getting thrown out..!Humboldt..You don't have the Silver ball but was clearly better than the other teams..Lake Co and Union City..Yall didn't make it to the State..But clearly were better than those other teams..Please T.S.S.A.A...put Lake Co in the other regions so we can at least have a chance to play in the Boro !

Once again ..District 14 as a whole was the toughest district in the state !

I tried to tell yall that the entire story was a lie and the Humboldt people made it up!

Manassas players and Humboldt fans in altercation following game

Gannett Tennessee

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

An altercation took place in the Murphy Center following Humboldt's game with Manassas that local police broke up, according to TSSAA assistant executive director Bernard Childress.

STORY TOOLS

Childress said no one was arrested and no one has been suspended from the tournament.

Childress said he spoke with the police officer, who investigated the incident. He was told by the officer that a Humboldt fan pushed a Manassas player exiting the arena.

The unidentified Manassas player swung and hit a teenage, female Humboldt fan, Childress said.

Police could not determine the player involved, Childress said.

Humboldt coach Thomas Boykin said it was Manassas 6-foot-8 star and Ole Miss signee Reginald Buckner - a Mr. Basketball finalist - that hit the Humboldt fan.

He said Manassas' Marcus Holloway, who hit the game-winning 3-pointer with three seconds remaining, also got involved after Buckner.

???Buckner hit one of our girls in the head,??? Boykin said, adding he didn't know many details of the incident. He said no Humboldt players were involved. Boykin said the girl said she didn't shove a Manassas player.

However, Boykin's statement contradicts what he told police investigating the incident. Childress said the officer investigating the incident was told by Boykin that Buckner was not involved and wouldn't say who was involved.

Boykin later said he never was questioned by an officer. However, that officer identified Boykin in the crowd during one of the Class AA quarterfinal contests as the person questioned.

Manassas coach Gerald Harris said his players were not involved in the incident.

???I don't really know,??? Harris said. ???Humboldt fans were upset. There were no players involved. I don't know what went on.

???We just got our team on out of there and came back to the hotel. As far as I know no players were involved.

BUCKNER'S FAMILY SHOULD LOOK INTO A LAWSUIT AGAINST COACH BOYKINS

I hope they do, take it to court maybe the truth would come out then, i was 20 ft away from the incident when it happened, and i dont believe BUCKNER would want to go to court over it ,ENOUGH SAID.

I hope they do, take it to court maybe the truth would come out then, i was 20 ft away from the incident when it happened, and i dont believe BUCKNER would want to go to court over it ,ENOUGH SAID.

What is with you guy on coacht? Can you gut accept that your team didn't get their gold ball. This is really toward HB leave it alone and just try next year. You might just get one Manassas will be gone. You know the team that have put you'll out for the past two season. GO TIGERS

What is with you guy on coacht? Can you gut accept that your team didn't get their gold ball. This is really toward HB leave it alone and just try next year. You might just get one Manassas will be gone. You know the team that have put you'll out for the past two season. GO TIGERS

lol!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> They still SICK!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now look for your name on the list. If you see your name on here stop predicting who will win games.

red_16

I'll take Raleigh-Egypt, Bolivar, AND Scotts Hill lol...I mean Humboldt

chipper_jones_4m...

Humboldt,Bolivar,and Raleigh Egypt

Lord Vader

Humboldt, Bolivar, and Bearden...

Jellyrolls

A - Pure domination from Humboldt

AA - BTW or Bolivar, but BTW hopefully

AAA - White Station

Turtle

1A Grace 2A Brainerd 3A anyone but Bearden PLEASE

GCPioneer

I'll take:

A - Humboldt

AA - Bolivar

AAA - Raleigh Egy

goto1

A Humbolt

AA Bolivar or BTW this ones a toss up

AAA Raliegh Egypt

frankieD12

A: Humboldt

AA: Bolivar

AAA: Raleigh Egypt

dollar1906

Humboldt - A

Bolivar - AA

Raleigh Egypt ??“ AAA

basketball2223

A- Humboldt or Grace

AA- Fulton or Bolivar

AAA- BEARDEN

gomocs1

HUMBOLDT vs GRACE - 1a

FULTON - 2a

of course BEARDEN - 3a

basketball2223

Grace- A

Fulton- AA

Bearden- AAA

rabbitranch

A..Humboldt-

AA..Livingston Academy

AAA..Bea

TN423Grace a

Brainerd aa

Red Bank aaa

seymourbutts1humboldt,bolivar, go beech!