AAA, District 11 rankings and discussion

CalledStrike

1st of all, anybody that knows anything about coach Wagner should know that he didn't quit. He was forced out by the administration, typical Brentwood, no class.

2nd of all, its a 2 horse race from here on out with Overton & Franklin both winning last night. Joey Falletta(Jr.) pitched a great game for Franklin going 61/3 innings. Kyle Grider(Jr.) made an ESPN highlight catch in left field saving at least 1 run. Austin Sistrunk(Fr.) made a big time play at 3rd backhanding the ball behind 3rd base & throwing the guy out from his knees. Jake Little(soph) went 2-4 with a 2-run homer in the 1st and a rbi single in the 7th off Ray, he also got the save striking out the last batter with bases loaded

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I dont have a son playing for any school in this district, Im just a high school baseball fan who enjoys and respects the teams in this district very much. Brentwood has got alot out of Nick Waggoner. He's done a good job promoting the program however it helps that he has a good school and community to support him. All of that work around that field was a result of alot more people than just Waggoner.

Waggoner does play "small ball" to the extreme although I think his team this yr has to play that way. Not sure he has enough "big bats" to play any other way. I dont think it was a good move on his part to quit now but then its his health too so he's the one best to make that call.

whoever comes out of this district will go to the sectionals at least and could go beyond. I havent seen Indy yet, but Franklin, Centennial, Overton, Ravenwood and Brentwood are all good enough "on that given day" to make a decent run in the state. Not sure any can win AAA but they could play awhile. I think Franklin, Overton and Ravenwood are better this yr than Ravenwood's team was last yr. JMO.

Thank you for your post! I'm also a fan of this area's baseball teams!

It's about time someone recognized that District 11 will go a long way whoever goes. I think we are all sick and tired of the bashing about District 11 being down and then we hear about these same teams going out and winning big tournaments and doing well outside of the district. District 11 will always beat each other up and after this year it will continue but unfortunately without Overton.

The administration is for sure the cause. They constintly had complaints and it seems the only people who are shocked that waggoner was fired are people from other teams cause their was a bunch of fueding between waggoner and brentwood baseballs players, and parents.

and we are throwing lee today and ray monday. When is colton throwing?

Is Hillis still pitching? Is he injured?

Here are the real updated standings as of today.

Teams Wins Losses

1 Overton 8 1

2 Franklin 7 1

3 Independence 5 3

4 Ravenwood 5 4

5 Brentwood 4 5

6 Centennial 4 5

7 Hillwood 1 7

8 Hillsboro 0 8

There are two games that need to be made up, they are the Hillwood vs. Hillsboro second game and also the Indy vs Franklin second which actually could play a vital role in who get to take home second place. Overton and Franklin play twice this week so we will see who gets first place locked up and after that its anyones game for third to sixth.

Well we are too the homestretch. My Eagles had an early season slump but are on the rise again.

The district title will go to Overton. No way, Franklin even beats them once this week.

2nd place will go to my Eagles we will go 4-0 this week in the district. No one is going to beat us the rest of the season in the district.

Franklin got lucky last time we played and Tuesday they will learn that. For some reason those guys think they have done something. All they have done in their high school careers have sat on the bench and watch last year's group win big games. That whole program is in shambles, there coaches will be gone after this year. Franklin loses the next 6 in a row.

3rd Place will go to Ravenwood after they sweep Franklin next week.

I don't care about the rest. Rowe, Carden, Lee, and the rest of the Eagles are focused in on the task at hand.

Well we are too the homestretch. My Eagles had an early season slump but are on the rise again.

The district title will go to Overton. No way, Franklin even beats them once this week.

2nd place will go to my Eagles we will go 4-0 this week in the district. No one is going to beat us the rest of the season in the district.

Franklin got lucky last time we played and Tuesday they will learn that. For some reason those guys think they have done something. All they have done in their high school careers have sat on the bench and watch last year's group win big games. That whole program is in shambles, there coaches will be gone after this year. Franklin loses the next 6 in a row.

I don't care about the rest. Rowe, Carden, Lee, and the rest of the Eagles are focused in on the task at hand.

When are you going to stop talking trash about Franklin and start realizing that Indy was demolished last game against the Rebels, 9-2 and it was almost never in question, and that Indy has never done anything in the district? We'll see what happens this week, I'm not going to say that Franklin will kill all their opponents, because it won't happen. All four games this week for Franklin are going to be tough, hard fought games, and I don't expect anything less.

Big week for the teams at the top.

Overton has Ravenwood, Franklin, Franklin.

Franklin has Brentwood, Independence, Overton, Overton (that's a tough 4 day stretch and will surely tax the pitching depth).

Independence has Franklin, Centennial, and Centennial (and 2 against Brentwood next week.)

Ravenwood has Overton, Franklin, and Franklin.

We should know most of what we need to know by Thursday night. The Franklin/Independence game has a ton of weight at this point.

At this point Indy can not talk any trash and has no reason to think that they are going to turn there season around and climb out of the dumbster. They do not have any reason to start bashing Franklin they are a good team when they have their good pitchers on the mound. The Rebles Just need to win 3 of their 4 games this week to be district champs.

Indy should not plan on having much of a post season. Franklin and Overton are the only teams that will be doing anything in the post season