AAA, District 11 rankings and discussion

CalledStrike

Franklin had 7 hits and Overton had 5.Overton had 4 errors ,Franklin had zero.I agree,Franklin had lot oppotunities to score but did not take advantage,maybe Overton made good pitches when they had to .Franklin did not have 2 outs and nobody on in bottom of 4th,Connor Moore lead off the inning with solid single to right,and after a hit batter,Patterson hit the high fly to center,the centerfielder never saw it but it wasn't the sun,it was already dark and the lights were still at full power.Overton didn' make there 2nd out in the inning until it was already 5-4 when Mookie Betts(our 9th batter of the inning) flyed to right and runner on 3rd made a baserunning mistake or the game would have been tied at that point.and the fly ball that Franklins centerfielder feet slipped on,was about a 370' shot in the gap as both left and center fielder were there. that ball is a homerun in other other park in the state.There was a wreck in the area is the reason some of the lights went out but both coaches and umpires agreed the lighting was still fine.As for the incident at 1st base only the player knows if the contact was intentional,but the home plate umpire ejected the Overton player immediatly and the 1st base umpire ejected the Franklin player after he responded with some words.It was a great district 11-AAA game ,Overton will miss these games next year Franklin has a very good young team with alot of good arms, but the job Coach Morrison has done with these Bobcats has been remarkable.Hobefully we can get our starting centerfielder back and everybody else healthy and get ready for a good tournament run.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time franklin shortstop came in to pitch in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs and the score 7 to 7 with a 3-2 count on the batter. I was standing behine the plate and the pitch got 6 inches of the outside part of the plate,, belt high, the ump missed or didn't make the correct call. that was strike three and the 3rd out. Franklin comes to bat with the meat of its batting order. The oveton's coach had the umps in his back pocket and controled the tempo and close calls at key times of the game. The young man pitching learned that life isn't always fair and you can't always depend on adults to do what is right. Hope the ump honestly missed the call.

At the time franklin shortstop came in to pitch in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs and the score 7 to 7 with a 3-2 count on the batter. I was standing behine the plate and the pitch got 6 inches of the outside part of the plate,, belt high, the ump missed or didn't make the correct call. that was strike three and the 3rd out. Franklin comes to bat with the meat of its batting order. The oveton's coach had the umps in his back pocket and controled the tempo and close calls at key times of the game. The young man pitching learned that life isn't always fair and you can't always depend on adults to do what is right. Hope the ump honestly missed the call.

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Where you at the same game as me?

It was 5-5, not 7-7. If you were "behind" the plate, you could not have been right behind it or even on the "outside part of the plate" side. You had to have been on the Franklin side which is the the batter's back/right shoulder. You couldn't see if it was "6 inches of the outside part of the plate".

Were you straight behind the plate...or where I suggested? Correct me if I'm wrong.

As to Overton's coach...you're going to have to be more specific than that. Seems to me that Franklin's coach came out to argue every close call.

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Where you at the same game as me?

It was 5-5, not 7-7. If you were "behind" the plate, you could not have been right behind it or even on the "outside part of the plate" side. You had to have been on the Franklin side which is the the batter's back/right shoulder. You couldn't see if it was "6 inches of the outside part of the plate".

Were you straight behind the plate...or where I suggested? Correct me if I'm wrong.

As to Overton's coach...you're going to have to be more specific than that. Seems to me that Franklin's coach came out to argue every close call.

You can definately tell the difference between the class of the Overton fans on here and the class of the Franklin fans on here. Franklin won the first game and the Overton fans made no excuses and congratulated Franklin on a great game. They looked forward to last nights game. Overton wins round two and Franklin fans get on here and make excuses and blame it on the umps.

Both teams seem to be fairly even as both games were very close. Congrats to both as both with more than likely represent the district.

You can definately tell the difference between the class of the Overton fans on here and the class of the Franklin fans on here. Franklin won the first game and the Overton fans made no excuses and congratulated Franklin on a great game. They looked forward to last nights game. Overton wins round two and Franklin fans get on here and make excuses and blame it on the umps.

Both teams seem to be fairly even as both games were very close. Congrats to both as both with more than likely represent the district.

haha and when indy beat franklin, they make the excuses of that we changed the date of the game on them which we did...but if they were all they think they are they would have won regardless.

Your right, franklin "WON" the first game By hitting the ball and making plays. Overton was given the second game by standing in batter box and depending on the ump to call every thing balls unless the pitch was stright down the middle of the plate. When the short stop for franklin came in to pitch the score was 7-7. He struck out the first batter he faced (third out) but the ump called a third strike a ball. Your right, franklin's coach did come out on every close call, because ever close call went overton's way. You can tell the difference between franklin and overton fans. When franklin plays at home they know the umps are not going to give them any calls. Overton expects and gets all calls at home. Did overton lose a game at home this year.

Your right, franklin "WON" the first game By hitting the ball and making plays. Overton was given the second game by standing in batter box and depending on the ump to call every thing balls unless the pitch was stright down the middle of the plate. When the short stop for franklin came in to pitch the score was 7-7. He struck out the first batter he faced (third out) but the ump called a third strike a ball. Your right, franklin's coach did come out on every close call, because ever close call went overton's way. You can tell the difference between franklin and overton fans. When franklin plays at home they know the umps are not going to give them any calls. Overton expects and gets all calls at home. Did overton lose a game at home this year.

Fact: Final socre was 6-5. The score was not 7-7. Please get the facts straight. Franklins coach came out on most every call - not every close call. This happened on Wed night at Franklin as well. When he did not come out to visit our coach, umpires, pitchers or catchers or whomever he wanted to chat with, he was walking in circles which was very strange. But hey, to each his own. In fact, if I was the umprie I would of ejected him for all of his antics so I feel like that call certainly went your way. You need to quite crying. The umpires were very fair and called a good game weather you like it or not. I beg to differ that all the close calls went Overtons way... that is rarely the case with us however, we adjust and move on. Good luck with that chip on your shoulder.

Your right, franklin "WON" the first game By hitting the ball and making plays. Overton was given the second game by standing in batter box and depending on the ump to call every thing balls unless the pitch was stright down the middle of the plate. When the short stop for franklin came in to pitch the score was 7-7 /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />. He struck out the first batter he faced (third out) but the ump called a third strike a ball. Your right, franklin's coach did come out on every close call, because ever close call went overton's way. You can tell the difference between franklin and overton fans. When franklin plays at home they know the umps are not going to give them any calls. Overton expects and gets all calls at home. Did overton lose a game at home this year.

Well, they only lost 6 so you don't have much of a sample. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Seriously, though, yes they lost twice at home -- once to Columbia and once to Goodpasture (split a DH).

This was a great, competitive year in 11-AAA. I sure wish Overton wasn't being forced to leave it

Where can I find the full district breakdowns for next year?

Who wins tonight?

Ravenwood at Franklin (Who is pitching?)

Indy at Brentwood (Who is pitching?)

Hillsboro at Overton (Harton, 6-1, I believe is starting.)

Still a lot of shuffling that could go on for district seeding.