NHSCA Nationals

eaglewrestling84

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I sit here listening to the waves crash on the beach (sipping a beverage created in a blender) from my room here in Va beach....I laugh at some of your posts. All made from speculation with not all the facts.

I went to the head table after weigh ins yesterday and ask the Question" Do you have to be a Freshmen to wrestle in the Freshmen Nationals " and was told... no you dont have to be. I wanted to know because there were a couple of 8th graders that wanted to go from Chatt Town. So I thought I would ask for future reference.I was told that you have to be a SR to wrestle in Sr Nationals, BUT YOU CAN wrestle up in any of the other grade brackets.

So it doesnt seem after the discussion that I had at the head table yesterday that anyone did anything wrong.

BTW Just saw the Kennedy boys walking down the strip here by the beach and the LIL Man was smiling and didnt look beat up... so seems that he survived.

So talk about positives that our TN boys are accomplishing and lay off the negativity.

Soddy Freshmen Cambell Lewis is still undefeated @ 125

Indy Freshmen McCoy Newberg is still undefeated @ 145

Blackman Soph Michael Kennedy is still undefeated @ 189

We had many other young men from TN represent our state well with some good wins and good wrestling that is proving that these young guys from TN can compete on a National Level !!!

I also overheard many spectaters from Traditional Wrestling States comment on the fact that they had saw that many TN boys had been winning there matches. Many compliments were given to our boys from the State of TN.

Good luck to all those that are in this tourney on day three and give em heck guys !!!!!!!!

Good luck to all of the TN Srs that start wrestling tomorrow...There is a group of young men following in grades behind you that will shake up things here in Va Beach and change peoples thoughts of TN wrestling for several years to come.

AHHH I think its time to turn that blender on again LOL

We had many other young men from TN represent our state well with some good wins and good wrestling that is proving that these young guys from TN can compete on a National Level !!!

I also overheard many spectaters from Traditional Wrestling States comment on the fact that they had saw that many TN boys had been winning there matches. Many compliments were given to our boys from the State of TN.

Well said sexy. I can??™t believe all that has been said here on this board. You think people would be excited that out younger boys had the courage to step onto the mat at that level. There is a reason both Kennedy boys, Boykin, Campbell, Newberg, etc??¦.. are some of the TOP wrestlers in the state at their respective weights and division. That??™s because they do step up and wrestle outside of the comfort zone. For those of you who don??™t know it, this is the only way you can get better. Most tournaments allow you to wrestle up for experience. The tournament directors understand that if you dominate at your age, like Sean and Scott, you wont get any better. The reality is you need the tougher competition to get better. In this case, they just didn??™t advertise it.

This is the problem with Tennessee wrestling. Parents like to beat kids and their parents down for trying to get better, rather than following their lead and make themselves better. We have slowly closed the distance on some of the top states in wrestling. If you ever want to see our state and kids at the top then focus your negative energy on making the sport and the kids better!

I went to the head table after weigh ins yesterday and ask the Question" Do you have to be a Freshmen to wrestle in the Freshmen Nationals " and was told... no you dont have to be. I wanted to know because there were a couple of 8th graders that wanted to go from Chatt Town. So I thought I would ask for future reference.I was told that you have to be a SR to wrestle in Sr Nationals, BUT YOU CAN wrestle up in any of the other grade brackets.

That should end this thread. I look forward to many of our middle school wrestlers, from around the state, attending next year.

Man Hoosier, your like a pitbull arent cha.....

sometimes we can pet ya and ya lay down like a lap dog.

and then if we get to close to your hindend, you wanna bite our hand off!!

Calling a man and his son out is so wrong..... and unsafe /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Since you like name calling, put your man pants on and tell em who's talkin bout em!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Well if you are not the pot calling the kettle a microwave

It seems a little strange after this "Christiana" high school doesn't exist but is actually a middle school located 10 or so miles from the Sharpshooters?? And this would now be the second kid from the sharpshooter program to have registered for freshman nationals, while still in middle school.. Not trying to accuse them, the coaches, of cheating, however it seems far-fetched that the they wouldn't be aware of this rule when they were signing these kids up.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO QUOTE LEARN THE RULES THANKS