Games this week

akula21

how is harden valley doing this year? i heard they stole a good coach away from the beavers of karns. also how is karns this year? no word on them at all. i'm a little disappointed to not hear much word on them.

Have heard that they have a strong defense, with a good midfield and a average forwards,but we will see tonight

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter 4

Hardin Valley 2

Good overall match. Field was in terrible shape and that hurt both teams since both teams seemed to like to possess the ball. Carter scored of an early cross that hit off a HV player for an own goal. HV struck back about 10 minutes later off a beautiful cross and finish and they scored again about 5? minutes later after a Carter defender lost his man on the weak side. After half, Carter came out and played better especially through the wings. Carter scored 2 in a row by Sherrod drilling two free kicks from about 25 yards out to make it 3-2 Carter. They later added a 4th by Grigsby with around 6 minutes left to go to seal the game. There was a lot of sliding but surprising few cards. The HV coach got a red card for what looked to me saying some things to the ref and coming onto the field. Both teams have good squads. I thought Carter's middle was a little weak even though they did lose their center mid and sweeper from last year. But the wing play and back three looked pretty solid. HV has a good fast defense especially the sweeper and their goalie made some great saves. Their forwards were pretty much a non-factor tonight and couldn't seem to get anything going. Good luck to both teams with their remaining schedule.

Hardin Valley should win over Carter. Nice midfield, but Sherrod may be too much for the HVA defenders. If he has a strong game then Carter might sneak out a win. If they are able to contain him this will be an HVA win.

Hardin Valley has one of the best fundementally sound teams I have seen...they are young but don't play like it.

Coach McLean is one of several really fine young coaches in our area. He has done an amazing job with this first year team. They will only get better as the season goes on. Great game tonight...hard fought (but VERY clean) on both sides.

Cleveland wins this week Tues. over Bradley, and tonight at Walker Valley, both 5-0 scores. The Walker Valley game was quit "emotional" with Walker receiving, I believe, 5 yellows and 2 reds. The game got out of hand early on a couple Cleveland goals in the first minutes of the game and went downhill from there. But none the less happy to get through our crosstown rivals with a couple of good victories.