Coach Darden Out at CAK

shnikens

Please allow me to explain myself further. I was not trying to take anything away from the soccer team at CAK. They've done a great job, and G is obviously a great coach. When the multiplier was put into effect, the soccer team did not have to move up a class because 1A and 2A are already coupled together in soccer. However, since basketball is broken down into three classes (1A, 2A, and 3A), CAK had to move up from 1A to 2A. CAK used to play teams like Greenback, Midway, Cosby, and TSD, but then they had to play Catholic, AC, Kingston, Loudon, Stone Memorial, etc. (a little stiffer competition). If CAK soccer had to move up a class like the basketball team had to, maybe their results would be a little different. We need to take these things into account when comparing teams. I know they play good teams. I made the point that they play Farragut and Bearden and the like. But, those games don't count towards their district record or postseason play.

I'd also like to note how much emphasis we are putting on wins and losses here when everyone says it's all about the kids.

You may very well be right regarding the soccer team. Still 5 in a row is pretty impressive!

Regarding the basketball team, the won loss record this year can really be deceiving. This young team played hard from the first game, but they made an incredible amount of progress throughout the year. By the end of the year, they were very "competitive" regardless of wins and losses. Those guys did a great job!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would surprise me if Coach Wells left LC. He's worked hard there and should really enjoy some of the fruits of his labor this upcoming season.

Once Hood leaves they will be a talent vacuum. I think Wells would do a great job at CAK, a good guy that knows a lot about basketball. I think CAK will be better off going with a local guy that can help attract kids to come play.

Once Hood leaves they will be a talent vacuum. I think Wells would do a great job at CAK, a good guy that knows a lot about basketball. I think CAK will be better off going with a local guy that can help attract kids to come play.

They maybe losing Hood in 2010 but there is talent at Lenoir City. Shane Wells is a great coach and would win anywhere he goes. I don't think he'd leave LC for CAK.

It would surprise me if Coach Wells left LC. He's worked hard there and should really enjoy some of the fruits of his labor this upcoming season.

I am hearing that CAK has shown interest in trying to get Aaron Green. Aaron was at Cleveland High for 7 years, and has been a graduate assistant at UT under Bruce Pearl for the last two years. I'm not sure if Aaron has any interest in getting back into high school coaching, but that would be a BIG TIME hire for CAK. I do know the GA position is a 2 year deal, but from some of the comments I have heard Pearl make in the media he would like to keep Aaron on staff in some capacity.

I am hearing that CAK has shown interest in trying to get Aaron Green. Aaron was at Cleveland High for 7 years, and has been a graduate assistant at UT under Bruce Pearl for the last two years. I'm not sure if Aaron has any interest in getting back into high school coaching, but that would be a BIG TIME hire for CAK. I do know the GA position is a 2 year deal, but from some of the comments I have heard Pearl make in the media he would like to keep Aaron on staff in some capacity.

I am sure Mr. Naler could teach Aaron how to coach /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No way Aaron Green goes to CAK, he came to UT because he wants to be a college coach. He could get a great job if he wanted to coach high school.

I am sure Mr. Naler could teach Aaron how to coach /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No way Aaron Green goes to CAK, he came to UT because he wants to be a college coach. He could get a great job if he wanted to coach high school.

Nice comment. Thanks for putting this in perspective for us. Altho, I'm sure Mr. Naler is working hard to get someone he wants to fill the position. He's probably already contacted Green and a host of other people. Mr. Denny will be the one to teach him how to coach.

Bob Knight, Billy Gilespie, and Im hearing maybe Jamie Dixon from Pittsburgh and Ben Howland from UCLA may have some interest in this job.

Pure speculation at this point.

IrishBBall-correct me if Im wrong on any of these. You seem to know just about everything, TVM has blessed you ever so dearly with a great deal of basketball wisdom.

Knox2-Please try to stay away from middle school sports, i see you referenced Treadway. MS sports are on a way different stage. Soccer is....well its just soccer. the only game you can run around for 80 minutes and still know you play a sport that would put most people to sleep. and id appreciate it if you would stop saying the previous teams were uncompetitive. I think i have told you this before, maybe your old, maybe the font I type in is too small for you to read, maybe my immense vocabulary has you scratching your head, trying to find the definitions of some words, or maybe your just as stubborn as heck but it needs to be said that questioning the teams competitiveness that previous student-athletes played on, needs to be stopped. My senior year, I remember maybe 2 games where we were out of it at half, the rest we either had the lead tied or down by very few. So just screw that point, and stop bringing it up

Bob Knight, Billy Gilespie, and Im hearing maybe Jamie Dixon from Pittsburgh and Ben Howland from UCLA may have some interest in this job.

IrishBBall-correct me if Im wrong on any of these. You seem to know just about everything, TVM has blessed you ever so dearly with a great deal of basketball wisdom.

Knox2-Please try to stay away from middle school sports, i see you referenced Treadway. MS sports are on a way different stage. Soccer is....well its just soccer. the only game you can run around for 80 minutes and still know you play a sport that would put most people to sleep. and id appreciate it if you would stop saying the previous teams were uncompetitive. I think i have told you this before, maybe your old, maybe the font I type in is too small for you to read, maybe my immense vocabulary has you scratching your head, trying to find the definitions of some words, or maybe your just as stubborn as heck but it needs to be said that questioning the teams competitiveness that previous student-athletes played on, needs to be stopped. My senior year, I remember maybe 2 games where we were out of it at half, the rest we either had the lead tied or down by very few. So just screw that point, and stop bringing it up

TVM?

Good post. Hey, I can admit it; competitive really isn't the best word choice. You are right, very few of the games have been uncompetitive. And CAK teams always play hard. What I was trying to say was that the recent teams have not been really competitive in the district with respect to their win loss record. (I wasn't trying to get on the edge here, I was referring to the win / loss record in the district.) Meaning that they were not in a position to finish (in most cases) in the top 2 - 3 in the district that they competed in. You can be competitive in every game and still go 0 - 12 in the district. So I guess we're talking symantics. I believe most players, parents, coaches, administrators, etc. in the future would like to see the program move forward, and be competitive in most individual games, and be competitive in the sense of having an opportunity to compete for a district title. I mean really, isn't that one of the goals of a high school team? I don't think I'm chartering new territory here.

Henceforth, in honor of 'theusainboltofhstrack' , I will attempt to be clearer if using the word competitive so that it is clearer what I'm stating.

As far as referencing coach Treadway, I believe when making a list of programs at CAK (CAK has a middle school too...)that have been competitive, err, no, scratch that, have been successful at competing for district wins and winning their district, and also have fine Christian leadership, I would have to say coach Treadway does a fine job. Feel free to disregard him if you disagree. I can appreciate a good dig on soccer just like the next guy, but you have to admit Coach G has done unbelievably well with that program and is a fine Christian leader.

As far as understanding your previous posts, the font was not too much of a problem. It was too small for my bifoculs, but I was able to pull out some 10X binoculars that worked great with my 28 inch computer monitor. I did have to look up a lot of your words though. Thanks for caring! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I just added up them numbers provided by Indiangiver. I wasn't just referring to the football, the baseball team has improved and both soccer teams have done very well. Since you seem to know the exact numbers, what was the overall record not just the district games over the past four years?

I heard today that they had 3 candidates in mind. Shane Wells from Lenoir City and the coach from Union County seem to be the frontrunners. Any one else heard anything?

I understand the AD was out of town at the end of the week due to a death in the family.

How do you know CAK has these coaches in mind??? This process supposed to be

confidential.

There was also a mention of the AD at CAK not making decisions. Just talk to any

faculty member or coach at CAK and they will tell you differently. The AD is running

the show! Too bad the AD is in the hip pocket a certain administrator and parents.

How do you know CAK has these coaches in mind??? This process supposed to be

confidential.

There was also a mention of the AD at CAK not making decisions. Just talk to any

faculty member or coach at CAK and they will tell you differently. The AD is running

the show! Too bad the AD is in the hip pocket a certain administrator and parents.

Irish bball is getting his info from Mr. Naler. The real decision maker.