South Pittsburg

iamthatguy

I can tell you the exact reasons she got fired. The two that fired her told her that she "was not dedicated"-and anyone who knows Beth Webb and what she has done for that team laughs at this statement. They also said she "was too good to the girls"-cause that's a reason to fire someone. They claim she "does not go to camp"-I played for her for 6 years and we went to camp EVERY year and they have gone to camp every year before that and since then. They said the "b'ball team was going in the wrong direction"-she won a DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY AT S.P.H.S. last year, and they were runner-up the two years before that-ALL WITHOUT A GYM, MAY I MIGHT ADD. She has won Coach of the Year for District 6A 3 out of the last 5 years. The reasons they gave are laughable, lies, and I think CoachTigerBall hit the nail on the head when he said not to be surprised about a coach coming back who just resigned last week. The whole thing is WRONG. And as for the rumors about the Grundy Coach, I am 99% sure that they are not true. S.P.H.S. is just making room for their football buddies.

So, those were the only reasons she got fired? I have seen them play 2 times this year and it seemed they had 2 athletes at least and I think they could have done better. How long has the previous coach been there?

Who is the football guy tiger is referring to?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...................according to expirates stats i would say there would be no reason to fire Coach Webb. There are always character issues and things unforseen to the public eye. I myself am in no position to judge someones character especially Coach Webb with whom i have only seen while sitting in the stands. I can't speak for the football suggestion made either. I will make one brief comment on it however, S Pitt is rich for its football tradition and could be valid but lets not point fingers because football put the school on the map. Winning the district for the first time in school history just one season ago and then getting canned seems pretty odd to me. If anyone has some more info on the hiring of a new coach and the firing of the last one please comment! Have a great day! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So, those were the only reasons she got fired? I have seen them play 2 times this year and it seemed they had 2 athletes at least and I think they could have done better. How long has the previous coach been there?

Who is the football guy tiger is referring to?

She has been there for 15 years and she only has 3 years left before she can retire. I would venture to guess that tigercoach is referring to the coach that was here before Vic Grider that just recently resigned from Cleveland High School. I'm not naming any names-you do the math.

Well...................according to expirates stats i would say there would be no reason to fire Coach Webb. There are always character issues and things unforseen to the public eye. I myself am in no position to judge someones character especially Coach Webb with whom i have only seen while sitting in the stands. I can't speak for the football suggestion made either. I will make one brief comment on it however, S Pitt is rich for its football tradition and could be valid but lets not point fingers because football put the school on the map. Winning the district for the first time in school history just one season ago and then getting canned seems pretty odd to me. If anyone has some more info on the hiring of a new coach and the firing of the last one please comment! Have a great day! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I can assure you her character is unlike anyone's you've ever met. She is the sponsor of the FCA at the school, she takes BOYS AND GIRLS to FCA leadership camp every year, and her b'ball team has been going to the FCA b'ball camp for the past few years. She has led NUMEROUS boys and girls to know Christ through her teaching, coaching, and leading. There are no character issues-she is unlike anyone I've ever known. She genuinely cares for everyone she teaches and coaches, and her main goal is to turn them into productive citizens of society, and make them feel as if they matter and they can do anything they set their minds to. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone-it's pretty much a done deal that a football coach is coming.

Is this the same Wilson guy that was there several years ago? I believe he had won a state in football and baseball the one I am thinking of. Not sure of his first name.

So, Grundy fans, is it true that for sure Woodlee is not going to S. Pitt? It sounds like it may be a done deal with Wilson.

Is this the same Wilson guy that was there several years ago? I believe he had won a state in football and baseball the one I am thinking of. Not sure of his first name.

So, Grundy fans, is it true that for sure Woodlee is not going to S. Pitt? It sounds like it may be a done deal with Wilson.

1. There are plenty of Grundy fans that care about all sports and not just football. Football is where our problems are at the moment so that's what's getting talked about.

2. Kasey told me last week when this rumor started to fly that no only was she not leaving her Lady Yellow Jackets but she had good info on who was going to SP. Who that is I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

Good luck to SP in their search.

DL.

I can tell you the exact reasons she got fired. The two that fired her told her that she "was not dedicated"-and anyone who knows Beth Webb and what she has done for that team laughs at this statement. They also said she "was too good to the girls"-cause that's a reason to fire someone. They claim she "does not go to camp"-I played for her for 6 years and we went to camp EVERY year and they have gone to camp every year before that and since then. They said the "b'ball team was going in the wrong direction"-she won a DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY AT S.P.H.S. last year, and they were runner-up the two years before that-ALL WITHOUT A GYM, MAY I MIGHT ADD. She has won Coach of the Year for District 6A 3 out of the last 5 years. The reasons they gave are laughable, lies, and I think CoachTigerBall hit the nail on the head when he said not to be surprised about a coach coming back who just resigned last week. The whole thing is WRONG. And as for the rumors about the Grundy Coach, I am 99% sure that they are not true. S.P.H.S. is just making room for their football buddies.

I have heard the exact same thing..... that they are getting Wilson to come...... They have did her dirty...... They way they handled this was wrong. And if they are doing it for their football team and not the girls they are dead wrong.... That is not right for our girls to suffer for this.... She was very dedicated, I was every single game and in the locker room at most. And it dont get more dedicated then her....

• 2 weeks later...