Week 5 matches

akula21

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK 2

Maryville 3

Maryville really had a passion in their play tonight. They truly wanted the win, and played that way. Real "scrappy" game on both sides. First goal for both teams were nice. The others were rather reminiscent of rugby scrums in the box, and neither team got good clears.

Maryville seemed young, but worked the ball well, and defended in numbers.

It was nice meeting you Ned. I enjoyed our talk before the game! Good luck with the rest of your season! Congrats to Maryville on the win!

CAK 2

Maryville 3

Maryville really had a passion in their play tonight. They truly wanted the win, and played that way. Real "scrappy" game on both sides. First goal for both teams were nice. The others were rather reminiscent of rugby scrums in the box, and neither team got good clears.

It was nice meeting you Ned. I enjoyed our talk before the game! Good luck with the rest of your season! Congrats to Maryville on the win!

Wow! I wish I could have seen this one. Ned, it looks like your boys started taking advantage of some of those missed opportunities that you mentioned the other day. Everyone of your corners against Seymour were were dead on. I was holding my breath each time they were kicked. Did either teams goals come off of set pieces?

Wow! I wish I could have seen this one. Ned, it looks like your boys started taking advantage of some of those missed opportunities that you mentioned the other day. Everyone of your corners against Seymour were were dead on. I was holding my breath each time they were kicked. Did either teams goals come off of set pieces?

No. All were in the flow of play. On the last goal, one of Maryville's players collided with our keeper. I hope he is ok. Ned, keep us posted.

Our match was cancelled so I went to Maryville/CAK match. First off, i second G's sentiment about maryville player. He took a tough blow in the crowd. good to see him walk off under his own power.

As for the match, I really enjoyed the first half, lots of probing and testing by both sides. I thought maryville seemed more defensive, but that was mostly with the formation. CAK got the first goal from holt from a crazy angle. not sure how he slotted it through. Maryville countered with a great ball from wing that found runners on back post. some really good soccer by both sides in the first.

I thought the 2nd was a bit different. Maryville definitely was playing with fire. I mentioned at one point I thought they had turned on another gear. Looked good for a bit and seemed maryville pushed more numbers into attack. But game got very physical and there were a lot of no calls for both sides. Maryville scores to go ahead after another ball sent into the box and after hitting a post/bouncing off players/rolling out to man on 18 was drilled home. CAK countered with a goal that had a ball bounce in the box and a scuffle for the ball that ended with a Goal. Final goal was similar in the sense a ball got served into the box, keeper came out and major collision, ball bounce to maryville player for half volley into the back of the net.

I have to give props to maryville they looked good with a possession style in first half, went much more aggressive in the second. would have enjoyed it more if the ref had kept it a little cleaner for both sides. Two very good teams. I had expected maryville to be down a bit, but they look good. CAK took a tough loss, but just look at the other results they have had, so we know what they bring.

CAK 2

Maryville 3

You are right this team is young. They are starting six sophmores but they are very talented players. Plus, even though they only have three Seniors, they are providing Great leadership. Ryan Pugh is playing fantastic at Center Mid(Was all over the field and dominate at times tonight), Watson Hartsoe continues to find ways to give them timely goals from Outside Mid, and Teddy Hare is playing very solid in the back for them. These Seniors are showing the Young guys how to win.

This team will only get better and if they continue to find ways to score like they did tonight they will be tough to handle.

They did have two guys go down with injuries tonight(Maner and Fernandez) both Sophmores. I hope both are ok.

Everyone has already said everything about the Maryville/CAK game, but I will second it. Both teams looked solid, and it was a shame that one had to win. Our stats...obviously, CAK could have different stats.

Shots:

Maryville-10

CAK-11

Corners:

Maryville-4

CAK-1

One more thing...sorry to post this on a thread, but Akula...Feather asked that you respond to his email about rescheduling. Please shoot him an email at his school site. Thanks.

You are right this team is young. They are starting six sophmores but they are very talented players. Plus, even though they only have three Seniors, they are providing Great leadership. Ryan Pugh is playing fantastic at Center Mid(Was all over the field and dominate at times tonight), Watson Hartsoe continues to find ways to give them timely goals from Outside Mid, and Teddy Hare is playing very solid in the back for them. These Seniors are showing the Young guys how to win.

This team will only get better and if they continue to find ways to score like they did tonight they will be tough to handle.

They did have two guys go down with injuries tonight(Maner and Fernandez) both Sophmores. I hope both are ok.

sounds like a great game...I am thankful we have quality coaching and teams in the knoxville area and that the soccer is so good! Way to bring it CAK and Maryville

CBHS 2 MUS 1

Paul 'Koolaid' Banks scored in 20th min on assist from JJ Greer. MUS scored in 69th minute and Greer responded with a header off a corner in the 73rd minute to win the game. Was extremely windy. CBHS outshot MUS 20-4 accordin to commercialappeal.com

Looks like CBHS and MUS will be forces for sure in D2

MUS beat Houston 1-0 saturday.