Oak Ridge!

OK guys I have to eat some crow, I have been informed that my comments about coach Blade and his salary were incorrect. I misunderstood and once again ran my big mouth without getting all the facts. I am truly sorry for this and you can be sure it won't happen again!

"Jeez bounder"...I just couldn't resist! That's why I posed the question to you. The rallykat forgives you too!!!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear Oak Rige is having organized QB and WR throwing with the coaches. I don't know if that is legal or not. Once again I hear this. I don't really care because I hear everybody does it.

Boorelly - I reported on this several weeks ago. I was told the same thing about the WRs and QBs practicing under Coach Blade's guidance. I asked the question then, "when will Mike Mullins turn him in to TSSAA like he did Coach Stevens". It was also a moral and ethical question for Mike Mullins and his fans. Now I ask the question again, all Mike Mullins's fans, do Mike have the same morals and ethics to turn in Coach Blades to the TSSAA?

OK guys I have to eat some crow, I have been informed that my comments about coach Blade and his salary were incorrect. I misunderstood and once again ran my big mouth without getting all the facts. I am truly sorry for this and you can be sure it won't happen again!

Instead of crow how about some ribs and a beer at your RV at the first home game.......I think that should work..........lol.

By the way, have you herd anything about any assistant coaches yet?

I hear Oak Rige is having organized QB and WR throwing with the coaches. I don't know if that is legal or not. Once again I hear this. I don't really care because I hear everybody does it.

Boorelly - I reported on this several weeks ago. I was told the same thing about the WRs and QBs practicing under Coach Blade's guidance. I asked the question then, "when will Mike Mullins turn him in to TSSAA like he did Coach Stevens". It was also a moral and ethical question for Mike Mullins and his fans. Now I ask the question again, all Mike Mullins's fans, do Mike have the same morals and ethics to turn in Coach Blades to the TSSAA?

No, it isn't against ANY rules for a QB and a couple of wide receivers to pass the football back and forth after school......unless they are in pads.

"Incorrect info on a gossip board. Yeah sure, it won't happen again" .........that was hilarious.

By the way, I'm not a Mullins fan......or foe. I'm a Wildcat fan.

No he will not.

No, it isn't against ANY rules for a QB and a couple of wide receivers to pass the football back and forth after school......unless they are in pads.

"Incorrect info on a gossip board. Yeah sure, it won't happen again" .........that was hilarious.

By the way, I'm not a Mullins fan......or foe. I'm a Wildcat fan.

It is a direct violation of TSSAA rules if the coach is present.

Not if it is a class.

These definitions were taken from the tssaa handbook.

Practice ??“ Any interaction between a coach and student-athlete(s) where instruction, teaching, coaching, etc., is occurring.

Coach ??“ Anyone who instructs or supervises student-athletes in practices or contests.

End of Dead Period until end of school..........................................Weight training/conditioning/open facilities permitted.

No practice (exception: from January 1 until the end of

school, 10 days of off-season practice and 2 scrimmages in

a 15-day school period permitted).

First of all, I don't know if any of this is going on or not, and I don't care if oak ridge has been out in full pads since Christmas, but by the tssaa definitions, if a coach is involved in physical football instruction with his players and it's not spring practice, then it's a violation. No matter if it's in class or or at Big Ed's.

These definitions were taken from the tssaa handbook.

Practice ??“ Any interaction between a coach and student-athlete(s) where instruction, teaching, coaching, etc., is occurring.

Coach ??“ Anyone who instructs or supervises student-athletes in practices or contests.

End of Dead Period until end of school..........................................Weight training/conditioning/open facilities permitted.

No practice (exception: from January 1 until the end of

school, 10 days of off-season practice and 2 scrimmages in

a 15-day school period permitted).

First of all, I don't know if any of this is going on or not, and I don't care if oak ridge has been out in full pads since Christmas, but by the tssaa definitions, if a coach is involved in physical football instruction with his players and it's not spring practice, then it's a violation. No matter if it's in class or or at Big Ed's.

If this a part of instruction in a class being graded for a block class it is pefectly legal.

what they are doing would be considered open facilities, you can throw a ball out & tell them to go pitch & catch. If the QBs & WRs want to go run routes & work on timing that shows a good work ethic. Every school does that. & if you dont care then why are you posting? Probably wanting to get some trouble started.

what they are doing would be considered open facilities, you can throw a ball out & tell them to go pitch & catch. If the QBs & WRs want to go run routes & work on timing that shows a good work ethic. Every school does that. & if you dont care then why are you posting? Probably wanting to get some trouble started.

They can do that. Open facilities is also legal.