Seymour vs Carter Thur. @ 7pm

cnpitbull

Ok fellas, the keeper is a freshman starting in his second or third game. While it was an amazing feat by Sherrod, there's no need to bash the young man. We've all had "that would never happen to me" moments in our lives and all know what it feels like being proved wrong. It's a humbling experience, and I'm sure he's learned from it. Let's not make his next lesson incompassion...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok fellas, the keeper is a freshman starting in his second or third game. While it was an amazing feat by Sherrod, there's no need to bash the young man. We've all had "that would never happen to me" moments in our lives and all know what it feels like being proved wrong. It's a humbling experience, and I'm sure he's learned from it. Let's not make his next lesson incompassion...

I totally agree with you. While ref may have talked his talk, none of the Seymour team or players have talked ANY trash on these boards. I think the ridicule has been misdirected, which is unfortunate, but sadly understandable. Let's remember that these are young highschool boys who make mistakes. We don't need to bash them on the boards.

wow ref......... sounds like i didn't know what i am talking about after all. still want to take all those talented seymour attackers over Mark? tried to tell you the power that a game changer like that has at the high school level. and on carter's tiny field a goal off the kick off is like a free kick. i've seen three goals like that on much bigger fields..... crazy thing to see though and stinks really bad when it happens against your team (been there twice!!!!! once in club and once in high school but same kid. sad thing is second time it happened i warned our keeper that he was shooting off kick off and it still went in).

This happens more then you relize. keepers are cought off guard at times. it happens. don't act like you've never made a fool of yourself on the pitch. everyone has. period. easy to belittle others when you can hide behind a username..........

Pitpul, who was the keeper when seymour and alcoa played? He didn't look like a freshman to me.

LilG, don't bash the keeper to quickly, they are the ones that save everyone else's mistakes but never get any credit when they make one. He'll be better for it.

Hate to say it, I'm going through ref withdrawal. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Pitpul, who was the keeper when seymour and alcoa played? He didn't look like a freshman to me.

LilG, don't bash the keeper to quickly, they are the ones that save everyone else's mistakes but never get any credit when they make one. He'll be better for it.

Hate to say it, I'm going through ref withdrawal. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The Seymour keeper in the Alcoa game was a senior who only started playing soccer last year. Great size @ 6'5", but lacks experience in game situations.

This young man had some really special saves in the game Thurs. I predict he will be a good one.

Alkula - I can't believe you said that!

The Seymour keeper in the Alcoa game was a senior who only started playing soccer last year. Great size @ 6'5", but lacks experience in game situations.

Thanks backintheday! His name is Patrick Lindsey. To my knowledge, he and Wes Humes had been sharing keeper duty until the Sevier County tourney. Patrick could definitely be a special player with a few more years of coaching and experience. From what I've seen, all three goalies have been excellent team players when it's come to sharing playing time.

Gchunn, the freshman did make some very nice saves in the game. Your boys sure didn't cut him any slack. From what I remember, all of the goals would have been extremely hard to defend, even the one from the halfline. With a perfectly placed ball like that right after break, I'm sure a lot of top notch keepers could have been caught off guard.

Okay, I don't care who the keeper is, a goal from halfline is just sick. That's a 60 yarder if the field really is 119 yard long. Maybe if it were shorter then I would say it's not a huge deal but 60 YARDS?!?! The mere fact that he had the confidence to take a shot like that tells me that this kid is something else.

That's not a shot that the keeper should let get to his head. It happens. No shame in making a mistake. Just learn from it.

Congrats to Carter and good luck in the rest of the season