First State Baseball Polls are now available

FridayMainEvent

I want you to answer this question honestly.. If and when Farragut was #1 were they a "JOKE"?

Not at all, they have the best record in AAA at 20-4. All of their losses have come in tournament play. They lost to a very good Collierville team 5-3 after playing a 9 inning game right before that one. They lost to Bearden 4-0 and that was their 8th game in a five day span. They lost to a good Independence team in the championship game of the Scenic City Classic, where they had no pitching left and had to bring in pitchers who don't pitch much who got knocked around a bit. And their other loss was to Mater Dei when they started a guy who only had one previous start his whole career, and they still were right there and had a great chance to win at the end of the game.

So if you look at their schedule, their record, and their stats, Farragut is STILL the best team in Tennessee, hands down. If you don't believe me, look at any of the national polls and tell me if you see a team from Tennessee besides Farragut on there. My argument is totally logical and i don't see how you could argue it to tell you the truth.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all, they have the best record in AAA at 20-4. All of their losses have come in tournament play. They lost to a very good Collierville team 5-3 after playing a 9 inning game right before that one. They lost to Bearden 4-0 and that was their 8th game in a five day span. They lost to a good Independence team in the championship game of the Scenic City Classic, where they had no pitching left and had to bring in pitchers who don't pitch much who got knocked around a bit. And their other loss was to Mater Dei when they started a guy who only had one previous start his whole career, and they still had a great chance to win.

So if you look at their schedule, their record, and their stats, Farragut is STILL the best team in Tennessee, hands down. If you don't believe me, look at any of the national polls and tell me if you see a team from Tennessee besides Farragut on there. My argument is totally logical and i don't see how you could argue it to tell you the truth.

I'm not saying Farragut's not the best team in the Tn. But, you come across as a poster who would say they are #1 even if they were a .500 club. It gets old dude. I'm all for the fun, just try to keep it balanced. If your gonna dish it out, expect some back. Excuses,excuses,excuses that all your posts consist of lately. Good teams get beat, yet you can't except that without a bunch of excuses.

I'm not saying Farragut's not the best team in the Tn. But, you come across as a poster who would say they are #1 even if they were a .500 club. It gets old dude. I'm all for the fun, just try to keep it balanced. If your gonna dish it out, expect some back. Excuses,excuses,excuses that all your posts consist of lately.

Excuses? You asked me if I thought they were number 1, and I gave you the reasons. It's not an excuse when I explain their losses. I didn't say they lost BECAUSE of pitching or 9 inning games, I simply said those were the circumstances they had when they lost. We all know they lost fair and square, and I'm definitely not blaming it on anything, just explaining to you those losses really weren't that big of a deal. So chill out with the excuse card.

Heck if Farragut was 12-12, i definitely wouldn't expect them to be in ANY poll so you all can stop assuming that haha. And I don't mind at all people dissing Farragut when they have a real argument to back it up, but it's just ridiculous that Farragut is 20-4 and have the best record in AAA, and suddenly because they're Farragut and they aren't supposed to lose a game, they're #4 in the state??? I mean, c'mon now.. you gotta admit that's funny!!

Excuses? You asked me if I thought they were number 1, and I gave you the reasons. It's not an excuse when I explain their losses. I didn't say they lost BECAUSE of pitching or 9 inning games, I simply said those were the circumstances they had when they lost. We all know they lost fair and square, and I'm definitely not blaming it on anything, just explaining to you those losses really weren't that big of a deal. So chill out with the excuse card.

Heck if Farragut was 12-12, i definitely wouldn't expect them to be in ANY poll so you all can stop assuming that haha. And I don't mind at all people dissing Farragut when they have a real argument to back it up, but it's just ridiculous that Farragut is 20-4 and have the best record in AAA, and suddenly because they're Farragut and they aren't supposed to lose a game, they're #4 in the state??? I mean, c'mon now.. you gotta admit that's funny!!

Pablo, I've seen Farragut play twice, and they are definitely the best team in the Knoxville area, and probably the state. This isn't the Farragut of old though. From what I've seen, Farragut is very beatable, especially without Cooper or Phieffer on the bump. Pitching depth may be a factor come late May. The need to get more production out of 6-9 hitters as well. If top 2 or 3 guys have an off day, that could spell trouble. With this being said, I'm sure most other teams would love it if these were there only weaknesses. Farragut is still the best team around the East. A one game matchup with someone like Science Hill in the sectional could be a issue. They are probably the only team in the east that can matchup pitching with Farragut, but Farragut still hits it better. Good luck Admirals, they are still the best until someone knocks them off in May.

really, get over yourself man. how bout u write a memoir about how to post "with class" on the internet? last time i checked, you can't be classless on the internet. coacht is made to have fun and joke around and talk smack to your rival schools. if everyone was so uptight and serious like you, coacht wouldn't last a week.

its high school baseball, this isn't little league anymore where we all meet up after the game and get Fruit Roll-Ups and Capri Sun's from our parents, and talk about what type of pokemon we're trying to catch on our psp. if you are so offended by what i say, then how bout you start your own website called coachPhil, where everyone talks about their feelings and how every team is winner, no matter the outcome of the game.

and finally, if you judge all of Farragut's population based on 3 posts made by me, then you must have something seriously wrong with you. maybe you should get outside more often, smell some flowers, throw a water balloon, eat at Chuck E. Cheese's, SOMETHING FUN for God's sake!!! because obviously you have no sense of humor whatsoever anymore, since you're making it seem as if i pulled a Mike Tyson and said i was going to eat your children.

LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is not just 3 posts I am forming an opinion from. You used the word judging, I don't judge, I leave that to God. But a large majority of your posts give the vibe that if everyone doesn't feel Farragut is the best team in the state and can only lose if they don't pull out all the stops. You give a lot of what in your mind are reasons why they lost (they had a non pitcher pitching for example) but to everyone else these are excuses. I think most people can probably pick up that I am a CBHS supporter by my posts and CBHS is a good team and great program but I realize they are beatable and in some cases (thanks to tndragon's boys) can get humbled in an extreme manner. I am all for having fun on here and always down for a good debate but your posts are abrasive and obnoxious and I can't speak for everyone but they give me a bad image of Farragut baseball. Not just 3 posts, but a large majority. I don't know where you read "you can't be classless on the internet" but wherever it was don't believe anything you read from there anymore.

Well, YES, A Good Bunch of kids that just ? I don't know. The Tallent Level was better last year, but this years team is a better TEAM. Team is the key word. Remember one thing when someone is complementing your team don't down theirs! Good Luck ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Apologies, I wasnt trying to down any team,not a fan of either of these teams,I was trying to point out that these polls have very little to do with who is the best team, it is my opinion that Summertown or Cascade should be at the top of the class A poll

look like i told yall in my previous posts.....FARRAGUT is a joke and did not deserve #1 in a national poll!! they just cant cut it!

I wouldn't say Farragut is joke. They are the defending state champions and they haven't received nat'l recognition by being a joke. Tons of talent on the team. Very capable of repeating!

Friendship Christian does have a bad record, but they have played some very tough teams. As far as Lookout Valley goes, its hard not to give a team thats 16-0 the #1 rank. It looks like Summertown and Cascade are pretty good too, its shaping up to be a pretty competitive Single A state tournament this year.

very capable only if pfeiffer carries them the whole way....come on be real this is not farraguts year to get that ring!

Don't tell that to Nicky Delmonico. I just witnessed him go 3-3 with 3 HR's, 2 Grand Slams, a 2 run homer, and 10 RBI's. He hit a walkoff Grand Slam in the 6th inning to run rule Noblesville (IN) 13-2. He's a sophomore. Don't make him angry.

Mac Thoreson also added a deep home run over the powerlines. Jordan Cooper got the win on the mound with 10 K's.