Another Coach Gone

raynoch

Low key coaching search. Maybe they have a name that they will spring on everyone and shock all of Knox County and East Tennessee!

Well I guess that'll be the Principal /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Nah but seriously though aren't they planning on hiring the coach by Friday?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess that'll be the Princiapl /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Nah but seriously though aren't they planning on hiring the coach by Friday?

So do they have someone in mine? Coach Scott is suppose to interview on Thursday. If they plan on announcing the coach on Friday, then it might not look too good for him.

Heard one of the leading candidates (besides Sticks and Scott) was a program rebuilder from Georgia. Must have presented himself pretty well. Sounded great until someone did a little research and found out he has had 6 or 7 losing seasons in a row while being a "program rebuilder". Oh, and he has also been coaching girls teams for the last several years.

Don't you hate it when they check those pesky references and records. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

That would be crazy to hire a another guy from ga who do not know these kids! I still think its between sticks and scott and they really have untill june 5th to make a hire! hopefully they will make this hire soon!

no new coach will know the kids, unless you get John Walker the assistant. I heard he was off to GA as well. Where are they going to team camp? I heard OR and fulton

no new coach will know the kids, unless you get John Walker the assistant. I heard he was off to GA as well. Where are they going to team camp? I heard OR and fulton

I don't think he means knowing these kids personally. I believe he is talking about knowing their backgrounds and current playing situations in S Doyle.

I just hope they can get someone in there that will keep kids from transferring out. I know there are already a couple of 8th graders who are looking else where, and this happens every year it seems. The next coach has to keep those kids there to have a chance.

Heard one of the leading candidates (besides Sticks and Scott) was a program rebuilder from Georgia. Must have presented himself pretty well. Sounded great until someone did a little research and found out he has had 6 or 7 losing seasons in a row while being a "program rebuilder". Oh, and he has also been coaching girls teams for the last several years.

Don't you hate it when they check those pesky references and records. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Are you serious? What's going on in Georgia? I have a feeling that South-Doyle will hire someone no one is talking about on this board, a wild card. Most times the most talked about guys do not always get the job.

Are you serious? What's going on in Georgia? I have a feeling that South-Doyle will hire someone no one is talking about on this board, a wild card. Most times the most talked about guys do not always get the job.

I think the guy from GA. took a serious hit upon further review. I know they have a Biology opening which Sticks is qualified to teach. I'm not sure what Scott is certified to teach compared to S-D openings. He could technically continue his current teaching position and still coach at S-D.

Both would be well served to asked about the financial state of the bb program...... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

They both have teaching spots for both of them, so it what ever the principal says now. A grand total of 3 people have interviewed for the job and the main two are sticks and scott from what i hear, now the bad news school ends Friday and who ever gets the job is going to have fun trying to reach all these kids to get them ready for summer camps. Scott's interview is tomorrow, but here lies the question who can they bring with them as assistant coaches because none of the staff from last year is staying! With both of their connections it will be fun to see!

They both have teaching spots for both of them, so it what ever the principal says now. A grand total of 3 people have interviewed for the job and the main two are sticks and scott from what i hear, now the bad news school ends Friday and who ever gets the job is going to have fun trying to reach all these kids to get them ready for summer camps. Scott's interview is tomorrow, but here lies the question who can they bring with them as assistant coaches because none of the staff from last year is staying! With both of their connections it will be fun to see!

I know that Coach Scott (if hired) would like to bring in a veteran coach, like Stan Jones or Gary Mashburn, to help with the building of South-Doyle's program. He would also like to hire a young up and coming coach to help too, similar to a Drew Franklin (I know Drew would not leave Catholic, but just using him as an example). Bryan Ware, who coaches a lot of AAU would be a potential candidate for an assistant position as well. There are some former b-ball players from the Knoxville area and upper east Tennessee who have expressed an interest in helping Coach Scott too. Not that it matters, but Coach Scott used to coach in the IMAC at Morristown East. Knows the district and the region but then again who doesn't.

I know that Coach Scott (if hired) would like to bring in a veteran coach, like Stan Jones or Gary Mashburn, to help with the building of South-Doyle's program. He would also like to hire a young up and coming coach to help too, similar to a Drew Franklin (I know Drew would not leave Catholic, but just using him as an example). Bryan Ware, who coaches a lot of AAU would be a potential candidate for an assistant position as well. There are some former b-ball players from the Knoxville area and upper east Tennessee who have expressed an interest in helping Coach Scott too. Not that it matters, but Coach Scott used to coach in the IMAC at Morristown East. Knows the district and the region but then again who doesn't.

Well i know if sticks is hired he has a couple of options. He is real close friends with Clearence Swerigean that use to play and coach at UT. Also he know Lynn Allen former coach at Central also he is real close friends with Brian Ware. Sticks also knows the district well from former players plaing for him. I tell you i think either way South Doyle is getting a great coach!