Goodpasture Football 2009

FootballDoc

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Corey Potter and Troy Nichols for being invited to the Unapproved Website Ultimate 100 camp! This camp is for upcoming Juniors, and both of these boys were invited to this invite only camp in Atlanta on 6/20/09. This camp is also ran by Shumans national underclassmen combines. Corey Potter was invited as a defensive corner, and Troy Nichols was invited as a offensive wide receiver.

If they are recruiting turn them in and then you won't have to worry about it. And instead of whining as you have done for years make your school an open enrollment school like Alcoa. They don't have problems with beating Goodpasture. Get better instead of handcuffing yourself and trying to take down others.

Yep.....All we do over here is Recruit the strongest and fastest and get rings. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> It really has nothing at all to do with the fact that we have a great coaching staff, and a Head coach that was once recieved EA's National Coach Of The Year award. Nah , none of the hard work , dedication and heart put into it has to do a darn thing. Just recruitin and taking names. Oh and just for those that are curious, here are a few of the memorable Alcoa players from the past few years who were born and raised in and around Alcoa , and most from the Hall Community:

Randall Cobb

Rae Sykes

Dustin Lendsay

Brandon Warren

Chase James

Kyrus Lanxter ( moved to alcoa when he was young)

Brian Sommers

Troy Hodge

and many more.

but yeah they rest are all those recruits we get from going around to all the local middleschools and passing out free "Rankin Candy" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yep.....All we do over here is Recruit the strongest and fastest and get rings. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> It really has nothing at all to do with the fact that we have a great coaching staff, and a Head coach that was once recieved EA's National Coach Of The Year award. Nah , none of the hard work , dedication and heart put into it has to do a darn thing. Just recruitin and taking names. Oh and just for those that are curious, here are a few of the memorable Alcoa players from the past few years who were born and raised in and around Alcoa , and most from the Hall Community:

Randall Cobb

Rae Sykes

Dustin Lendsay

Brandon Warren

Chase James

Brian Sommers

Troy Hodge

and many more.

but yeah they rest are all those recruits we get from going around to all the local middleschools and passing out free "Rankin Candy" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I can't believe that I am going to say this, but I agree with you. I think there has to be something to it when a program is doing well for an extended period of time. Anyone can win once, but two is a pattern. Thats why we are proud to be a part of the Goodpasture program! Every year Goodpasture is well coached, and they contend for a state title. I think that is all you can ask out of a high school program. The only advantage that Alcoa has over some of the other 3A schools is that they have debth. But I agree, hard work, coaching, and dedication by the players, along with a great support system from the school and parents is what makes the difference. There are several schools in the Nashville area that have pleanty of talent, but dont seem to do anything with it. I am glad that Alcoa is winning like they are. It makes the other teams realize that if they want the title, they are going to have to out work Alcoa. It pushes the teams harder, and also makes Alcoa work harder to stay on top. At the end of the day, the players get better, and that is all you can ask. I wish Alcoa, and all the other 3A schools good luck and good health this year. It will be fun to watch!

Randall Cobb

Rae Sykes

Dustin Lendsay

Brandon Warren

Chase James

Brian Sommers

Troy Hodge

and many more.

That is true but I can see why smaller public schools get so upset when they can only get students from their local pool and private schools like Goodpasture and open zone schools like Alcoa and Maryville can pretty much pick and choose. True that Goodpasture takes a 1.8 multi, but I would rather take that 1.8 and get 1 really good player instead of 3 ok players.

I don't think that Goodpasture and Alcoa & Maryville would be nearly as good each year if they could only get players that lived in a 5 mile radius. They would still be top 10 since the coaching and structure is so great, but they wouldn't be in the championship or semi's year after year.

YEA, I said it. But I don't get tired of winning year after year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is true but I can see why smaller public schools get so upset when they can only get students from their local pool and private schools like Goodpasture and open zone schools like Alcoa and Maryville can pretty much pick and choose. True that Goodpasture takes a 1.8 multi, but I would rather take that 1.8 and get 1 really good player instead of 3 ok players.

I don't think that Goodpasture and Alcoa & Maryville would be nearly as good each year if they could only get players that lived in a 5 mile radius. They would still be top 10 since the coaching and structure is so great, but they wouldn't be in the championship or semi's year after year.

YEA, I said it. But I don't get tired of winning year after year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I understand what you are saying, but that is why there is a qualifier. Goodpasture has around 400 students, and they yearly play larger schools for there non-region games to get prepared. I do think that having a consistant support system, along with a great coaching staff makes a big difference regardless of the size of the school.

• 3 weeks later...

It was good to see that the 3A Coach's Pre-Season poll put Goodpasture at #3. I agree that Alcoa and Milan should be ranked #1 and #2 respectively. Both of those teams have the most returning upperclassmen with expierence. I do think that Goodpasture is going to be very dangerous this year. They have alot of size and expierenced young talent! It just depends how quick they will grow up. I know that Coach Martin has put together a very difficult schedule for the young cougars. I dont think Goodpasture will go undefeated this year because of there schedule and there youth, but come playoff time, they should be dangerous. I like to see CPA get some love from the pre-season poll. They do a great job down there!