Carly Dickens to C-Range?

..Seems like Clarkrange and Jackson Co are loaded every year....have some excellent players throughout the years and must have some fine coaches as well..Maybe all the rest of us will just have to get better!

That's the truth!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many players start at Clarkrange High though who are actually zoned to attend a different high school (like York) but decide to go to Clarkrange instead? I've heard numerous coaches talk over the years about how that this girl was supposed to go to this high school but decided to go to Clarkrange instead, particularly the number of girls who were supposed to go to York that wind up at Clarkrange. Maybe that's not actually transferring from one high school to another, but it's essentially the same principle to me (playing with girls that may be from Fentress County but who aren't actually yours). There were 283 kids at Clarkrange at last fall's reclassification count, and you're trying to tell me that kids who aren't homegrown Clarkrange kids don't play there...come on now. The locals in the area know what the truth is. The problem becomes the fact that the Jackson Countys of the world aren't going to chastise Clarkrange, because the same thing happens at Jackson County. The same thing happens at most schools in that area. It's become such an accepted occurrence in that area that people don't even see it as out of the ordinary. While the rest of the world plays with the cards they're dealt, the players at the small schools in that area just hop from school to school if they wish.

How many players start at Clarkrange High though who are actually zoned to attend a different high school (like York) but decide to go to Clarkrange instead? I've heard numerous coaches talk over the years about how that this girl was supposed to go to this high school but decided to go to Clarkrange instead, particularly the number of girls who were supposed to go to York that wind up at Clarkrange. Maybe that's not actually transferring from one high school to another, but it's essentially the same principle to me (playing with girls that may be from Fentress County but who aren't actually yours). There were 283 kids at Clarkrange at last fall's reclassification count, and you're trying to tell me that kids who aren't homegrown Clarkrange kids don't play there...come on now. The locals in the area know what the truth is. The problem becomes the fact that the Jackson Countys of the world aren't going to chastise Clarkrange, because the same thing happens at Jackson County. The same thing happens at most schools in that area. It's become such an accepted occurrence in that area that people don't even see it as out of the ordinary. While the rest of the world plays with the cards they're dealt, the players at the small schools in that area just hop from school to school if they wish.As fas as I know Clay County girls has always played with homegrown

How many players start at Clarkrange High though who are actually zoned to attend a different high school (like York) but decide to go to Clarkrange instead? I've heard numerous coaches talk over the years about how that this girl was supposed to go to this high school but decided to go to Clarkrange instead, particularly the number of girls who were supposed to go to York that wind up at Clarkrange. Maybe that's not actually transferring from one high school to another, but it's essentially the same principle to me (playing with girls that may be from Fentress County but who aren't actually yours). There were 283 kids at Clarkrange at last fall's reclassification count, and you're trying to tell me that kids who aren't homegrown Clarkrange kids don't play there...come on now. The locals in the area know what the truth is. The problem becomes the fact that the Jackson Countys of the world aren't going to chastise Clarkrange, because the same thing happens at Jackson County. The same thing happens at most schools in that area. It's become such an accepted occurrence in that area that people don't even see it as out of the ordinary. While the rest of the world plays with the cards they're dealt, the players at the small schools in that area just hop from school to school if they wish.

There is no zoning for Fentress County..

And could you name all the schools that this same thing happens too?

you sound like you are a jealous dragon. dont blame CR.blame yorks administration for their choice of coaches.

Well, you are incorrect as usual. I don't know why you even post as you are NEVER correct about anything. Girls from Fentress County can play at either York or Clarkrange unlike other counties that have one high school, i.e., Jackson County which has nearly twice the enrollement as CR. CR has to compete with York for local players and vice versa which actually makes it tough for each school. There is no zoning. In reality the only county school in Fentress is CR. York is a state supported institute funded due to a promise the state made to Alvin C. York to always do so. You remember Alvin don't you? Maybe you think he transfered into Fentress Co. as well /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> York is a very unique school with regards to funding. Clarkrange has only had two out of county transfers in the last decade, Ashley Howard from Wartburg and Molly Heady from Monterey. That's it. All the rest of the hundreds of players are home grown Fentress County girls that grew up here and played here at one of the many elementary schools in the county and ended up at CR. So, as usual, you don't know the truth, not that you'd care as you and many others on here just cannot believe that Lamar Rogers can continually produce outstanding teams with players from a high school with less than 300 enrolled. Sorry to dissappoint you but he is really that good. Regarding Carly Pickens, it was assumed to be a foregone conclusion that she was coming to CR to play basketball. Her decision to go to York was a big surprise actually and I would not be surprised if she ended up coming to CR. As the crow flies she actually lives closer to CR than York. We will see what happens but she would be a welcome addition to the Lady Buffalo team.

why even reply to these post if a parent wants their kids to play for a certain coach or program and the kids want to its none of our business where they go to school. If a school breaks the rules let TSSAA deal with it but to cry when someone else is doing what any good program in the state would do is you play by the rules and if you have 100 students or 5000 its only 5-15 that play the game. JC was the smallest of the small in aa but still competed now there one of the bigger in a and still compete. And their schedule is still aa and aaa except district games outside of oliver springs who is only class a non district game on thier schedule.

It's been spelled out by the TSSAA how any coaches receiving inquiries from parents should direct the parents to someone at the school such as an admissions director/equivalent. Some on here have mistakenly posted how it was okay for coaches to discuss transfers with families and athletes as long as they didn't initiate the conversations, I wonder if some posting that have been part of such situations. I also wonder if this was a reaction to the increase in transfers (not just basketball, there were something around 60 in football in the Chattanooga area counting N Georgia) and all the ruckus that often goes along with them? I still can't see how a player and parents can make a true change of residence (not just temporarily renting or having the player live with a new teammate's family) without knowing what to expect or knowing if a great player was coming up at her position, or moving in. Another parent has to be the source of information if the coach can't by rule talk to them and AAU would seem to be the link in some of the situations. None of that is specifically about Clarkrange. One last thing, if some of these players, and again not talking about this player or Clarkrange, were as good as the parents believed, their previous schools would have been powerhouses and there would have been no need to switch to a "good team." Don't give me it's due to a need to be seen by colleges, that's what summer ball is for. If it's not clear, I don't think the transfers just to get on better teams are good for basketball or good for the student in most circumstances.

Well, you are incorrect as usual. I don't know why you even post as you are NEVER correct about anything. Girls from Fentress County can play at either York or Clarkrange unlike other counties that have one high school, i.e., Jackson County which has nearly twice the enrollement as CR. CR has to compete with York for local players and vice versa which actually makes it tough for each school. There is no zoning. In reality the only county school in Fentress is CR. York is a state supported institute funded due to a promise the state made to Alvin C. York to always do so. You remember Alvin don't you? Maybe you think he transfered into Fentress Co. as well /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> York is a very unique school with regards to funding. Clarkrange has only had two out of county transfers in the last decade, Ashley Howard from Wartburg and Molly Heady from Monterey. That's it. All the rest of the hundreds of players are home grown Fentress County girls that grew up here and played here at one of the many elementary schools in the county and ended up at CR. So, as usual, you don't know the truth, not that you'd care as you and many others on here just cannot believe that Lamar Rogers can continually produce outstanding teams with players from a high school with less than 300 enrolled. Sorry to dissappoint you but he is really that good. Regarding Carly Pickens, it was assumed to be a foregone conclusion that she was coming to CR to play basketball. Her decision to go to York was a big surprise actually and I would not be surprised if she ended up coming to CR. As the crow flies she actually lives closer to CR than York. We will see what happens but she would be a welcome addition to the Lady Buffalo team.

I may be mistaken, but didn't Chelsea Brown move from Crossville to start highschool at Clarkrange then go back when Stone Memorial opened? She may not be considered a true transfer, but she did relocate to play for Clarkrange.