Carly Dickens to C-Range?

I may be mistaken, but didn't Chelsea Brown move from Crossville to start highschool at Clarkrange then go back when Stone Memorial opened? She may not be considered a true transfer, but she did relocate to play for Clarkrange.

You are mistaken, she played at South Fentress Elementary. She then played highschool for CR for a year then when Radhika Dishman and her neice (the coach of SF) moved to Crossville she then went there. Then she went to Stone to finish her career. She left CR because of a witch hunt by a parent or two. She relocated several times.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you are incorrect as usual. I don't know why you even post as you are NEVER correct about anything. Girls from Fentress County can play at either York or Clarkrange unlike other counties that have one high school, i.e., Jackson County which has nearly twice the enrollement as CR. CR has to compete with York for local players and vice versa which actually makes it tough for each school. There is no zoning. In reality the only county school in Fentress is CR. York is a state supported institute funded due to a promise the state made to Alvin C. York to always do so. You remember Alvin don't you? Maybe you think he transfered into Fentress Co. as well /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> York is a very unique school with regards to funding. Clarkrange has only had two out of county transfers in the last decade, Ashley Howard from Wartburg and Molly Heady from Monterey. That's it. All the rest of the hundreds of players are home grown Fentress County girls that grew up here and played here at one of the many elementary schools in the county and ended up at CR. So, as usual, you don't know the truth, not that you'd care as you and many others on here just cannot believe that Lamar Rogers can continually produce outstanding teams with players from a high school with less than 300 enrolled. Sorry to dissappoint you but he is really that good. Regarding Carly Pickens, it was assumed to be a foregone conclusion that she was coming to CR to play basketball. Her decision to go to York was a big surprise actually and I would not be surprised if she ended up coming to CR. As the crow flies she actually lives closer to CR than York. We will see what happens but she would be a welcome addition to the Lady Buffalo team.

The only thing now though is her family will have make an actual move if she wants to play for Clarkrange unless she sits a year.!

CR has to compete with York for local players and vice versa which actually makes it tough for each school.

Looks to me that would be easier..If a star player knew one school had a pretty well loaded team and needed 1 more to complete the puzzle..that's where she would go..and in most instances to Clarkrange..Other schools in smaller counties just have to take what they have..no choices..!I understand what oyu're trying to say..that Clarkrange could lose a player ..but doubt that happens more ofter than not..still better to pull more talent from a bigger area..!

The only thing now though is her family will have make an actual move if she wants to play for Clarkrange unless she sits a year.!

CR has to compete with York for local players and vice versa which actually makes it tough for each school.

Looks to me that would be easier..If a star player knew one school had a pretty well loaded team and needed 1 more to complete the puzzle..that's where she would go..and in most instances to Clarkrange..Other schools in smaller counties just have to take what they have..no choices..!I understand what oyu're trying to say..that Clarkrange could lose a player ..but doubt that happens more ofter than not..still better to pull more talent from a bigger area..!

Untrue. York gets most of the talent that lives in Jamestown proper. Brandi Brown for instance. Can you imagine if she had come to CR over York. At least one or two more State Championships for CR. Instead she went to York and took them to the state tourney. Now she's at MTSU and this year she scored about 16 points against the Lady Vols. It is much more difficult for CR to get the talent out of the north end of the county. If there was only one school it would be a powerhouse albeit in a higher classification. Of course CR is already at powerhouse at Class A.

• 3 weeks later...

Where's there is smoke there is fire! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Do you know something, or are you just stating the obvious? I am excited to find out. We need another "post" player. With the ability this girl has mixed with the ability that the incoming team has, C-Range will most defenitly have a successful team again.

Do you know something, or are you just stating the obvious? I am excited to find out. We need another "post" player. With the ability this girl has mixed with the ability that the incoming team has, C-Range will most defenitly have a successful team again.

That's the story going around, but anything can happen between now and school. I just wish if they are going to go to C-Range, they would just do it out of the gates. So that there is no controversy.

If she goes, she will definitely fill a void left by the graduating class. This will also keep Molly Heady in the 4 spot, where she plays wonderfully.

Doesn't her family have a business in Jamestown? I have asked around and keep hearing she is staying at York.

BigDaddy, don't ask the YORK people....it's only wishful thinking. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BigDaddy, don't ask the YORK people....it's only wishful thinking. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Now thats funny and probably the truth. She's a heckuva ball player.