Carly Dickens to C-Range?

You have made your opinion known on other threads and thats ok...you are entitled to them. Especially on the upper cumberland. But let something be said on Sequatchie Co. and threads get locked and disappear....hmmmm

Are you saying these moves are not done properly and done with in T$$AA guidelines? Or are you saying cheating is going on? It (transferring) is happening all over the state in every sport? But yet, no one wants to make a big deal about except one at JC and one at Clarkrange. Whats up with that?

Go back and read it again..I specifically pointed out I didn't mean there was cheating going on with transfers at these schools. I still say it's hard for any parent to make that big of a move without knowing exactly what to expect. What happens if a low to mid-major type point transfers in and a high-major (SEC, etc) point is already on her way? Does the first family move again to a school needing a point guard?

A couple of topics were closed, not just by me, that threw fuel on the fire on some team problems last season. It wouldn't have helped things with the season starting to have it all thrown out on here. Some were badmouthing ex-players and that wasn't needed either. If you look at the 08 roster and 09 roster you can figure out what much of it concerned. All topics are watched as closely as possible no matter the area of the state, there were some complaints just after the school ball season ended about closing the earlier Carly Dickens topic (which I did).

One more thing, would you object to a transfer form on the specifics mentioned becoming a TSSAA requirement?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant something a little more detailed, such as the date the power went off at the previous home (or the date it was turned over to a real estate agency), signatures confirming there was no prior contact before enrollment, etc.

Names on utility bills are looked at. Phone, water, electric,and rent payments.

Go back and read it again..I specifically pointed out I didn't mean there was cheating going on with transfers at these schools. I still say it's hard for any parent to make that big of a move without knowing exactly what to expect. What happens if a low to mid-major type point transfers in and a high-major (SEC, etc) point is already on her way? Does the first family move again to a school needing a point guard?

A couple of topics were closed, not just by me, that threw fuel on the fire on some team problems last season. It wouldn't have helped things with the season starting to have it all thrown out on here. Some were badmouthing ex-players and that wasn't needed either. If you look at the 08 roster and 09 roster you can figure out what much of it concerned. All topics are watched as closely as possible no matter the area of the state, there were some complaints just after the school ball season ended about closing the earlier Carly Dickens topic (which I did).

One more thing, would you object to a transfer form on the specifics mentioned becoming a TSSAA requirement?

Must be nice to have schools close by that a player can just move maybe 4 or 5 miles or not much farther to go to another school just to play ball..Lake Co has to play players in their town..No schools close by to pull a great player from...Places like Dyer Co ., have other schools close by like Gibson Co.,Dyersburg,Halls..within about a 20 minute drive that can get players to come there as freshmen..all legal..Most smaller schools don't have that luxury..Lake Co may not make the State this year but I'd just about bet if they do..it's with girls from Lake Co..It's going to keep happening..Lake Co has lost several athletes to other schools throuout the past several seasons..Lake Co has probably lost a couple chances at winning a couple state championships in girls basketball and in football had players that lived in Lake Co played ball there..I have no problem with a player playing at another school if he moves..But Lake Co has had several players live in Lake Co and drive 20 miles away to play for another school and then drive back home..I believe you should at least have to play for the school you are zoned..Even as a freshman..If you want to play for another school..then move..Same in Memphis..If you live in the zone for Melrose..Go to Melrose..The TSSAA letting these players go to any school as freshmen are wrong..I have no problem with a player going to Clarkrange from York or anywhere else as long as a move is made..Just don't think they should live in another school zone and play at another school as freshmen..

Bradford according to thier posters have had moveins in the past and some very latley as well.

Not debating your point, but also not sure if that is fact or not since I am no longer there BUT, to quote myself from a previous post, "I miss the days when the kids playing on your home town team were from your home town"

Not debating your point, but also not sure if that is fact or not since I am no longer there BUT, to quote myself from a previous post, "I miss the days when the kids playing on your home town team were from your home town"

the tn vols are from everywhere and I love them , the titans the same way and our local high school is my favorite team and as long as they produce a quality game to watch and are competive and display quality entertainment that I like I don't care if they are from ten buck too now they are my neighbors and are a part of my team now some folks rather watch thier children, grandkids or nieces and nephews if they play poorly and never win a game and thats fine too and its great when those kids win too but the same shoe don't fit everybody and when the new kids join the neighborhood they are part of us, we also welcome new people where I attend church and you don't have to be born here to be accepted.

the tn vols are from everywhere and I love them , the titans the same way and our local high school is my favorite team and as long as they produce a quality game to watch and are competive and display quality entertainment that I like I don't care if they are from ten buck too now they are my neighbors and are a part of my team now some folks rather watch thier children, grandkids or nieces and nephews if they play poorly and never win a game and thats fine too and its great when those kids win too but the same shoe don't fit everybody and when the new kids join the neighborhood they are part of us, we also welcome new people where I attend church and you don't have to be born here to be accepted.

Senator..I guess we're just jealous because we're not getting any.!..lol

You have made your opinion known on other threads and thats ok...you are entitled to them. Especially on the upper cumberland. But let something be said on Sequatchie Co. and threads get locked and disappear....hmmmm

Are you saying these moves are not done properly and done with in T$$AA guidelines? Or are you saying cheating is going on? It (transferring) is happening all over the state in every sport? But yet, no one wants to make a big deal about except one at JC and one at Clarkrange. Whats up with that?

Thats where you are wrong people do make a big deal of it other places, but it is a bigger deal in that situation because it seems to happen more frequently. This is the second transfer in two years for c-range and jackson county the year before that. It is not right nor is it fair to other schools in the state. If my memory serves me right c-range had two twins that came from york and won a state championship. People say things when ever and where ever this happens but even if they didn't it isn't right.

Senator..I guess we're just jealous because we're not getting any.!..lol

The tenn titans get paid to play and the tenn vols are getting the education paid for so both are getting something in exchange. These are public schools were the playing fields are suppose to be kept equal. It sounds like to me you need to be a fan of a private schools because these ideas you love so much would then be legal.

Seriously, honestly, are you comparing this thread and high school transfers to the Tennessee Vols, the Tennessee Titans, and YOUR CHURCH?? You are also saying that as long as they "produce a quality game to watch and are competive (sic) and display quality entertainment," you do not care where they came from. I understand you to say that to heck with my kids, grandkids, nieces, or nephews if they can't play ball, then tough, we need to get someone from the outside that can? Are you also saying that you welcome everyone into your church, but probably more so if you can bring home a championship? That is pretty much what I get from your post. Of course, with one long sentence and no punctuation it was sometimes hard to follow, but who needs English when you can bring home that gold trophy?

Thats where you are wrong people do make a big deal of it other places, but it is a bigger deal in that situation because it seems to happen more frequently. This is the second transfer in two years for c-range and jackson county the year before that. It is not right nor is it fair to other schools in the state. If my memory serves me right c-range had two twins that came from york and won a state championship. People say things when ever and where ever this happens but even if they didn't it isn't right.

Where do they a make a bigger deal about it? I beg to differ that it happens here more often....however it doesn't matter if it happens every year, if it is legal, there is nothing wrong with it. And if it is legal then it is right and it does not have to be fair to other schools in the state. I have never said I agree with it or disagree with it. But i will say good luck. What happenened to sucking it up, playing harder, smarter, and more determined in stead of the poor poor pitiful me cop out we hear constantly.