Carly Dickens to C-Range?

One more thing, would you object to a transfer form on the specifics mentioned becoming a TSSAA requirement?

Would I object....I don't know. The way I see it, no matter what piece of paper you throw out there, It is in man's hands where there will always be potential for alterations no matter what the specifics are.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats where you are wrong people do make a big deal of it other places, but it is a bigger deal in that situation because it seems to happen more frequently. This is the second transfer in two years for c-range and jackson county the year before that. It is not right nor is it fair to other schools in the state. If my memory serves me right c-range had two twins that came from york and won a state championship. People say things when ever and where ever this happens but even if they didn't it isn't right.

The twins from York went to Jackson Co.

Thats where you are wrong people do make a big deal of it other places, but it is a bigger deal in that situation because it seems to happen more frequently. This is the second transfer in two years for c-range and jackson county the year before that. It is not right nor is it fair to other schools in the state. If my memory serves me right c-range had two twins that came from york and won a state championship. People say things when ever and where ever this happens but even if they didn't it isn't right.

Hmm lets see i think your memory has went blank on this one C-range has never had two twins transfer from york and won state championships , but now jackson county has i think you got your wires crossed just a little

Must be nice to have schools close by that a player can just move maybe 4 or 5 miles or not much farther to go to another school just to play ball..Lake Co has to play players in their town..No schools close by to pull a great player from...Places like Dyer Co ., have other schools close by like Gibson Co.,Dyersburg,Halls..within about a 20 minute drive that can get players to come there as freshmen..all legal..Most smaller schools don't have that luxury..Lake Co may not make the State this year but I'd just about bet if they do..it's with girls from Lake Co..It's going to keep happening..Lake Co has lost several athletes to other schools throuout the past several seasons..Lake Co has probably lost a couple chances at winning a couple state championships in girls basketball and in football had players that lived in Lake Co played ball there..I have no problem with a player playing at another school if he moves..But Lake Co has had several players live in Lake Co and drive 20 miles away to play for another school and then drive back home..I believe you should at least have to play for the school you are zoned..Even as a freshman..If you want to play for another school..then move..Same in Memphis..If you live in the zone for Melrose..Go to Melrose..The TSSAA letting these players go to any school as freshmen are wrong..I have no problem with a player going to Clarkrange from York or anywhere else as long as a move is made..Just don't think they should live in another school zone and play at another school as freshmen..

C-Range and York are both in the same county, so i don't see why it should be a big issue as to where kids play ball and get their education. If the athelectic department was not so political as York maybe players would stay their and play, but i must say it all depends on what your last name is or who you are related to, to play at York. I think Yorks girls ball teams started going down hill after Lee Linder resigned from the position as coach. And as for the Storie girl that is a JOKE

The tenn titans get paid to play and the tenn vols are getting the education paid for so both are getting something in exchange. These are public schools were the playing fields are suppose to be kept equal. It sounds like to me you need to be a fan of a private schools because these ideas you love so much would then be legal.

I'm certainly not a fan of private schools or recruiting..Just was making a remark in sarcasm that maybe I'd love to see what a transfer looks like..Lake Co has never had that luxury..I can just about guarantee that Lake Co has never gotten a transfer in the history of the school,at least a player that is a so called star..Lake Co has lost about 6 players to other schools to other counties ,while still living in Lake Co..I don't think that's fair..Those players probably cost Lake Co a chance at a coupel state championships in girls basketball and I would just about guarantee for sure a couple state championships in football..But..whether we like the system or not..if a player moves to that community...how are you going to stop it..I think the T.S.S.A.A. ought to step in and not allow a student transfer to another school in another county even as a freshman without making a move..That would stop some of the stuff going on..Those parents aren't having to make a move..I believe the Memphis schools are the ones that really benefit..A player goes to a middle school that he is zoned in..then can go to a loaded school in high school that might be 5 miles away instead of a school he or she is zoned in two blocks away..Make every student go to the school they are zoned in or make a move..If not..sit out a year.!

C-Range and York are both in the same county, so i don't see why it should be a big issue as to where kids play ball and get their education. If the athelectic department was not so political as York maybe players would stay their and play, but i must say it all depends on what your last name is or who you are related to, to play at York. I think Yorks girls ball teams started going down hill after Lee Linder resigned from the position as coach. And as for the Storie girl that is a JOKE

By having schools in the same county really benefits a lot of schools..If a school like Clarkrange is loaded ,as they always seem to be..and Clarkrange loses a star player but have everyone back..then all of a sudden York has a star player and she knows she has a chance at a state championship..so her familys decides to move..turn the utilities off at their house..rent a place a couple miles away..pretty good set up..But a move was made..just taking advantage of the system..Nothing anyone can do about that..hard to prove why a family moves..Maybe should be a T.S.S.A.A. rule that maybe a player has to move at least 15 miles to be a legimate move..Not just a couple blocks away just to play ball..But..a rule that I think the TSSAA should look at is not to allow any student to go to another school like they do now as freshmen..A student can go to any school he-she wants as long as they don't mind the drive..A star player in middle school living in the York school zone can go to Clarkrange as a freshman..Don't let schools keep doing that..At least force the family to move if they want to do that..Don't let it be that easy..Lake Co had a couple students go to a school in another county 25 miles away several years ago..drove over 50 miles round trip each way..Still living in Lake Co..The TSSAA shouldn't allow that..And if it's for academics like most people think..have them sit out a year if that's the case..Bet they wouldn't have left then..And their mother was a school teacher in the Lake Co school systems..School was only a block away from her house..She had tenure..so probably couldn't have just let her go..but I would have had her drive to the middle school 8 miles away instead of making it so convenient..If a teacher can teach in Lake Co..but the Lake Co schools not good enough..make it a little harder.. Nothing anyone can do about a family making a move..but stop freshman from just going to any school..especially to another county without making a move....If they still want to go..sit out a year..!

You know, at the end of the day, after all this discussion, some good and some bad, it is not going to change the way things are done with transferring and recruiting. I do not know Carly or her family so I will end my input on this board by just saying best of luck to her next year. What is easy to do is lose sight that this is a 16-17 year old girl that is changing schools with new friends, new teachers, a new coach, and overall a lot of adjustments. Change is hard enough for adults, much less a teenager with everything else going on at that age, and especially the expectations that will be put on this young lady to excel on the court.

Best of luck to you next year, Carly. I hope the transition goes well for you.

THE GIRLS THAT PLAY AT BRADFORD HAVE PLAYED FOR BRADFORD SINCE MIDDLE SCHOOL. THEY DO NOT HAVE GIRLS JOINING THE TEAM IN HIGH SCHOOL. NO ONE IN 14A OR AA WILL MOVE TO PLAY FOR A SCHOOL BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO MANY GOOD TEAMS. THE KIDS HERE PLAY WERE THEIR PARENTS PLAYED. BE IT GREENFIELD, BRADFORD, GLEASON, AND SO ON. THE PEOPLE SUPPORT THEIR TEAMS TO MUCH TO MOVE. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Bradford according to thier posters have had moveins in the past and some very latley as well.

THE GIRLS THAT PLAY AT BRADFORD HAVE PLAYED FOR BRADFORD SINCE MIDDLE SCHOOL. THEY DO NOT HAVE GIRLS JOINING THE TEAM IN HIGH SCHOOL. NO ONE IN 14A OR AA WILL MOVE TO PLAY FOR A SCHOOL BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO MANY GOOD TEAMS. THE KIDS HERE PLAY WERE THEIR PARENTS PLAYED. BE IT GREENFIELD, BRADFORD, GLEASON, AND SO ON. THE PEOPLE SUPPORT THEIR TEAMS TO MUCH TO MOVE. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Really? Then why would mrbigster say a few left Lake Co. to play somewhere else? Isn't Lake Co. in 14A? Didn't I read were a kid named Morgan from Bradford moved? If so where did she go?

I know I should know this......what are the rules for a player having to sit out a year when they move??

If not mistaken, as long as they have a "bona fide change of residence" (I think that is how T$$AA words it)....they do not have to sit out at all. If they move with out a change of address then they must sit out a year. There is more in by-laws about this on the T$$AA website. Look there cause I could be wrong. Page 13 Section 13 of the T$$AA handbook is about ineligble transfer students.